UIGL

Mar 6, 2018
A few mods for this marvellous game :sneaky:

Save Naming
(Game version: 4.08 - Compatible with later versions)
Add the possibility to name your save (it's optional). You can use the keyboard to validate the name (Enter/Return) or cancel (Escape, Right Click).
It also slightly improves visual in preferences screen.
Give the possibility to skip the pages 10 by 10
Install: Use save_name.6.zip (see installation instructions below)

Grouped Notifications
(Game version: 4.08 - Probably compatible with later versions)
Instead of displaying notifications one by one, they'll be displayed at the same time. The more lines, the longer it stays on the screen.
Install: Use grouped_notif.5.zip (see installation instructions below)

Cheats
(Game version: 4.08 - Don't use with later versions)
Add the possibility to manually modify Traits, Kinks and Affection values (click on trait/kink/character in their respective lists using the top left icon).

!! NEW !! - You have now the possibility to modify "choice" variables thx to the Variables button in the menu accessible thx to the top left icon.
- Click on the variable in the list to toggle its value
- If you type something on your keyboard, it will automatically filter the list

Install: Use cheats.15.zip (see installation instructions below)

Gallery
(Game version: 4.08 - Compatible with later versions - but without new scenes until I update the mod)
- For now, dialogs still contain incest for scenes up to 2.07
- Zorlun regulary fixes typos in the game. I've been trying to keep the mod up to date regarding typos but I've lost track for a while. So if you find typos in a gallery scene, it is probably already fixed in the original game. No need to ping Zorlun for that.

- Thumbnails in a scrollable grid (I hate "page" galleries)
- A lot of thumbnails displayed at screen
- Unlockable
- Filters (one for type of scene and one for characters). If you select a character, you can see its bio by hovering a character in the list. Note you can exit dropdown list by right-clicking.
Install: Use gallery.32.zip (see installation instructions below)

Dialox Box Opacity
(Game version: 4.08 - Compatible with later versions)
Give you the possibility to adjust the dialog box opacity in Preferences screen.
!!! This mod is incompatible with Walkthrough Mod (which already has this feature) !!!
Install: Use dialogbox_opacity.3.zip (see installation instructions below)

No Waiting in Text Display
(Compatible with all versions)
Sentences are often displayed in split parts. You must click to view each part of the sentence. With this mod each sentence will be fully displayed at once.
Install: Unzip no_waiting_text_display.zip in the folder where ProjectMyriamLifeandExplorations.exe file is located (The zip contains a file named environment.txt and it's normal. Ok xapican?! :mad:;))

Customize Names
(Game version: 4.08 - Probably compatible with later versions)
Allows you to customize any names in the game. In order to customize a name:
- Start a new game or load any save
- Access the customize names screen with the button in the top right corner (the button is transparent but you can see it by hovering over the area)
- Use the Add a name button to add a name to customize (type the original name like myriam, anthony, marc, ...)
==> The new name is added to the list
- Click on the name in the Current name column and type the name you want to see ingame
Install: Use customize_names.8.zip (see installation instructions below)

If I made mistakes (especially in english) or if you have an idea for improvement, you're welcome.

!!! Android users, check this out !!!

Note:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When do we get an update?

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Guys, quick question: the parameter of addiction, drink and drugs, at which value they become REALLY dangerous? because i'm ok if Myriam likes a bit of weed and few drinks, but i can't risk her becoming alcoholic and/or junkie. so, if someone knows the parameters value, i would really appreciate a bit of hints.
'drinks' and 'drugs' are two temporary stats, their value is used for a scene then dialed back down once it's out of her system, but 'addiction' is a permanent one that will influence her behavior in scenes revolving around the other two temporary stats.

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
That's scary. Realistic but Scary. Zorlun have you thought about the ramifications of that, as far as rendering's concerned, if a player manages to get her addicted? I've seen real life addictions, from the start to full blown and you'll see the changes almost immediately. It Always starts with a change in behavior and the change in appearance follows soon after. Plus, could your story as currently plotted, support that scenario? I'm curious now, my friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lezgin

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
That's scary. Realistic but Scary. Zorlun have you thought about the ramifications of that, as far as rendering's concerned, if a player manages to get her addicted? I've seen real life addictions, from the start to full blown and you'll see the changes almost immediately. It Always starts with a change in behavior and the change in appearance follows soon after. Plus, could your story as currently plotted, support that scenario? I'm curious now, my friend.
Well I certainly hope so...oh the possibilities heh. I have a save specifically for that (hopeful) path.

T4t0rt

Feb 22, 2023
At least could be great if there was a "distinction" between heavy and light drugs. I mean: if a part of the plot lead Myriam to be a funny weed smoker with the kink of group sex is, let's say, "ok", but if a part of the plot lead me to using heavy drugs and cause an impending disaster, i don't know if there chance to avoid that.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Actually, the speed of progression, and the visibility of the effects, depends on the person, substance or combination of substances, condition and follow-up. And from the use to the abuse and dependency, there is also a great variability, linked to the drug, how much and how often is used (though the need for increase dose to feel the effect, and the need increase the frequency, are already indications of dependency well established), but also individual factors (e.g. genetic factors for alcoholism), and special situations that link to situations like e.g. alcoholism.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
At least could be great if there was a "distinction" between heavy and light drugs. I mean: if a part of the plot lead Myriam to be a funny weed smoker with the kink of group sex is, let's say, "ok", but if a part of the plot lead me to using heavy drugs and cause an impending disaster, i don't know if there chance to avoid that.
The idea of "heavy" and "light" drugs, is not really well founded.
There are drugs that are legal, yet can give forms of dependency with a high level of probability of falling back in the addiction after clean-up. Some drugs do create a form of dependency faster than others, due to their action on the brain circuits, but some elements have also an impact. The idea of "light" drugs was something that came out originally many years ago, and resurfaced heavily more recently, in relation with the interest to pushes for not only legalise, but even liberalise as much as possible, some substance, given the money making potential, and the illusion that any illegal market will immediately be eliminated the moment there is a legal market.
It is more a matter of when is the substance in question, and how it is used.
At the moment, Myriam has smoked a joint, although admittedly while having also drank alcohol and being at least tipsy, and has got some three or four times (or less, depending on the player choice) drank, although in a couple of occasions to FUBAR (literally, for the FU part :p ;-)) level, over a period of time that can be roughly estimated at around one year, and with a good interval between one episode and the other.
Overall, unless there is some specific factor that can influence the situation, it would seem she is still in a situation in which the higher risk is not the one of getting addicted (mainly to alcohol), but the fact when she drinks, even without getting completely waisted, she can be more easily led to do "certain stuff" ;-)

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
This is a fantasy. It doesn't have to be ultra realistic. I mean come on, Myriam is having tons of unprotected sex, often with complete strangers. In the real world that could have serious, potentially life threatening consequences in itself. But is that an issue? No it's not. Because a game like this would be impossible, if the main protagonist was ever concerned about the possibility of contracting STDs.

So apart from perhaps making Myriam far more promiscuous, why should an addiction to drugs or alcohol have any other consequences?

In any case, what you're suggesting takes a lot of drug abuse to achieve. Myriam has so far, got drunk a couple of times and smoked weed once. To reach the point where her appearance was being seriously affected by addiction, she'd have to be doing cocaine, heroin or meth etc, every single day for at least a year, if not several years. And the game would be over long before that could realistically happen. Perhaps at the end of the game it could be shown, if that was a scenario that Zorlun wanted to entertain?

I'm not suggesting that she couldn't become addicted, just that within the limited timeframe of this game, it would be unlikely to cause a dramatic change to her appearance. And that's even if you decide to be realistic. Because as you know this is a fantasy, where factual accuracy is not a requirement.

Last edited:

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
On the contrary, one hit of cocaine can get you hooked. So can heroin. I agree with what Ouch was saying about the circumstances but the fact remains drugs like those that you mentioned can be seriously deleterious. Marijuana and alcohol usually takes longer but to closeout this convo before this turns into a long, drawn out debate, I agree that, "Yes, it's Just a damn game."

• Angry
Reactions: looseylucy

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
On the contrary, one hit of cocaine can get you hooked. So can heroin. I agree with what Ouch was saying about the circumstances but the fact remains drugs like those that you mentioned can be seriously deleterious. Marijuana and alcohol usually takes longer but to closeout this convo before this turns into a long, drawn out debate, I agree that, "Yes, it's Just a damn game."
It is a complex subject, in which even people supposed to know professionally tend to, often wilfully, ignore part of the available knowledge, because is not linked to their background (e.g. sociology vs neurobiology), for ideological reasons, for personal interest (give me my research money, ego, afraid of having to realise they were wrong and that may have impacted others, etc.), etc.
That is also not helped by the fact there is still lots being learnt about e.g. our brain, the fact as humans we are not really a linear machine but a complex system, the fact that at the start addictions was seen and studied as a social phenomenon and for many years people when saying "addiction" pictured it as a problem of "weakness of spirit" and with no physiological aspect (abundantly proven wrong scientifically, but still hold as opinion by many), and that there are interest at stake that may be in favour of not talking too much about some aspects of it and even shun the results of the research.

Hint, metamphetamines are regularly given, used and suggested for use to military staff (pilots, example) of a certain country I will not mention here to avoid the risk of getting in politics (which is forbidden on F95), and certain States in a certain country ;-) are making lots of money from some recreational selling :), even if it was present in some fora as a decision not based on economic interest.

Just an example of complications, referring to one of the substances you mention, is that aside any other factors, the potency of one of the substances you mentioned is directly linked empirically (but also if one thinks well, it also makes sense from the point of view of the brain) with the speed of getting symptoms of addiction like craving. Potency which tendentially goes with "purity", and that open another can of worms, because if it is "cut" with the "wrong" thing, one dose can kill you directly.

At the same time, it is true that some substance that can give addiction, can even be useful and helpful in certain medical situations, or even have positive impact (e.g. munching coca leaves in the Andes is not the same as in London, marijuana can help in pain palliative therapy for cancer, in moderate quantities wine has been associated with positive health effects), though even there, there can be then individual factors (e.g. "resistance" to alcohol is associated with metabolism and genetic factors, and I would not suggest to give any alcohol to people who are allergic to it like a couple of people I met in the past :)).

But to close this long post :), I have a suggestion for Zorlun, if he wants to make a possible ending with addiction, but without, or anyway with less problems than others, and almost, or no, impact on the look...
Gambling. It can give addiction, and there is not even need for Myriam, who is rich, to go bankrupt, she may just decide she wants to hide the problem and pay her debts "in nature" ;-), and/or through some "films" and other episodes similar to some that already happened (there could be a number of ideas without even introducing new characters, imagine if one of those collecting the payment was the mobster).
She does not even need to become 100% addict forever, is sufficient she gets a few big losses she has to deal with, and that may actually give her a shock to get out of it, so can even allow for a kind of "happy ending" (sort of).
Gambling addiction can influence a bit the behaviour, and when people start dedicating too many resources to it and obsess about it, at least indirectly the aspect, but a lot of people develop a form of addiction to gambling well before they reach such a level of obsession that it is physically visible.

Or if he wants to add a maybe more evil twist, can be one of the other characters that gets the debts, and then tries to "use" her to clear the debt, there is at least one character I could see very well doing that (hint to know who I am thinking about, he is not blood related).

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Yeah, but that still wouldn't cause her appearance to change, to the extent that Zorlun would have to alter the renders. It takes time for drug abuse to cause those kinds of effects on a person. You can become addicted very quickly as you suggest, but the physical ravages of drug abuse are not normally as rapid. It would almost certainly be beyond the active component of this game.

Reactions: sava75 and doccop63

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, but that still wouldn't cause her appearance to change, to the extent that Zorlun would have to alter the renders. It takes time for drug abuse to cause those kinds of effects on a person. You can become addicted very quickly as you suggest, but the physical ravages of drug abuse are not normally as rapid. It would almost certainly be after this game has ended.
Agree with this. Also, if that's a path Zormun wants to take (I'm all for it myself), can still get her completely hooked and out of her mind without changing her appearance. it really isn't that big of a deal ultimately.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
It is a complex subject, in which even people supposed to know professionally tend to, often wilfully, ignore part of the available knowledge, because is not linked to their background (e.g. sociology vs neurobiology), for ideological reasons, for personal interest (give me my research money, ego, afraid of having to realise they were wrong and that may have impacted others, etc.), etc.
That is also not helped by the fact there is still lots being learnt about e.g. our brain, the fact as humans we are not really a linear machine but a complex system, the fact that at the start addictions was seen and studied as a social phenomenon and for many years people when saying "addiction" pictured it as a problem of "weakness of spirit" and with no physiological aspect (abundantly proven wrong scientifically, but still hold as opinion by many), and that there are interest at stake that may be in favour of not talking too much about some aspects of it and even shun the results of the research.

Hint, metamphetamines are regularly given, used and suggested for use to military staff (pilots, example) of a certain country I will not mention here to avoid the risk of getting in politics (which is forbidden on F95), and certain States in a certain country ;-) are making lots of money from some recreational selling :), even if it was present in some fora as a decision not based on economic interest.

Just an example of complications, referring to one of the substances you mention, is that aside any other factors, the potency of one of the substances you mentioned is directly linked empirically (but also if one thinks well, it also makes sense from the point of view of the brain) with the speed of getting symptoms of addiction like craving. Potency which tendentially goes with "purity", and that open another can of worms, because if it is "cut" with the "wrong" thing, one dose can kill you directly.

At the same time, it is true that some substance that can give addiction, can even be useful and helpful in certain medical situations, or even have positive impact (e.g. munching coca leaves in the Andes is not the same as in London, marijuana can help in pain palliative therapy for cancer, in moderate quantities wine has been associated with positive health effects), though even there, there can be then individual factors (e.g. "resistance" to alcohol is associated with metabolism and genetic factors, and I would not suggest to give any alcohol to people who are allergic to it like a couple of people I met in the past :)).

But to close this long post :), I have a suggestion for Zorlun, if he wants to make a possible ending with addiction, but without, or anyway with less problems than others, and almost, or no, impact on the look...
Gambling. It can give addiction, and there is not even need for Myriam, who is rich, to go bankrupt, she may just decide she wants to hide the problem and pay her debts "in nature" ;-), and/or through some "films" and other episodes similar to some that already happened (there could be a number of ideas without even introducing new characters, imagine if one of those collecting the payment was the mobster).
She does not even need to become 100% addict forever, is sufficient she gets a few big losses she has to deal with, and that may actually give her a shock to get out of it, so can even allow for a kind of "happy ending" (sort of).
Gambling addiction can influence a bit the behaviour, and when people start dedicating too many resources to it and obsess about it, at least indirectly the aspect, but a lot of people develop a form of addiction to gambling well before they reach such a level of obsession that it is physically visible.

Or if he wants to add a maybe more evil twist, can be one of the other characters that gets the debts, and then tries to "use" her to clear the debt, there is at least one character I could see very well doing that (hint to know who I am thinking about, he is not blood related).
He doesn't even need to do that. He could have her get addicted to any drug, without needing to change the renders during the much shorter timeframe of this game. He could show all that right at the end of the game, when a jump in time could take place if necessary. But whether he wants to give Myriam such an ending, I don't know? That would be a really bad ending for sure.

Slyfox671

Aug 3, 2019
Ugh this game can be so annoying. Almost good - like it really is almost good, and then it pulls the rug out from what you want to give you the middle finger because you didn't have enough drinks - or blah blah. Errrrg.

Sigh - frustrated, sorry.

4.40 star(s) 191 Votes