Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
so if there is a communication problem that dev is no more friend of f95 website?
I don't think anybody is considering PW enemy of the site. So far I know, f95 has declared him no war. So I don't know what you mean.
mmmm i think that rules makes for friends and sly people is not good
I don't know about this. Can't comment on that.
the merit of having written a good story makes it clear who is serious and who is smart
when someone have serious problem... also cut communication
The are several logical flaws here.

First you want a rule to be objective, by showing how other games that were considered abandoned were not. But them you claim "having written a good story", where a good story is totally subjective.

Having written a good story is not a sufficient condition for being serious. You can write the best of stories and doing it leisurely as a hobby, taking your sweet time over your lifespan.

Whether cutting communication is smart or not depends on the scenario, but if you are gonna make a rule depend on a specific scenario said rule is useless as a rule, as it will only apply to that specific case.

if the dev has not officially communicate 3 months are not enough..
Again, you want to change the rule which is different to whether said rule is applied evenly or not.

It is fine if you want to change the rules, but that is not a discussion for this thread. That is something you need to have with f95 rulers.

a game so far in storyline cannot be considered abandoned only because of communication problems
that's why the rules of the Patreon website can protect against this
and if by doing all the begging and throwing salt and shaking all the pepper cornetti .... he was dead?
My sweet neighbors remains extremely popular, it was getting to a great point in the game and it is considered abandoned as there was no communication since 2018. I don't know when the tag was applied, but this is a counter example to your claim
"a game so far in storyline cannot be considered abandoned only because of communication problems" as dev himself never explicit abandoned the game to the point that subscribtions are being paused each month instead of closing the account.

Again. I hope you are right and the game is not abandoned, but for now, the tag applies. Take care.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Its important to seperate F95 from anything else for your discussion.

Even if F95 has active developers residing here on the site they are not treated different to non-active ones. Games get uploaded by a Uploader or directly posted by a Dev and thus become an active part of the community here.

It is usually the Uploader or the Dev itself that updates the appropriate thread. If there havnt been any updates for a period of time F95 has the ability to set an abandoned tag which has nothing to do with the game updates but is mostly to separate actively maintained threads from others. F95 has so many threads that this is a simple organizational requirement to not end up with tons of unmaintained threads. As this has to be maintained in terms of bandwidth etc it gives the staff a means to make decisions. So abandoned can either mean there isnt anyone actively feeling responsible for updating the thread anymore or that development has indeed been cancelled.

P.S: The on-hold is a tag that more or less can only be requested or set by Devs. Its meant for giving some flexibility especially for active Devs that either need to take a break, concentrate on an0other project or for similar reasons want to pause.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Its important to seperate F95 from anything else for your discussion.

Even if F95 has active developers residing here on the site they are not treated different to non-active ones. Games get uploaded by a Uploader or directly posted by a Dev and thus become an active part of the community here.

It is usually the Uploader or the Dev itself that updates the appropriate thread. If there havnt been any updates for a period of time F95 has the ability to set an abandoned tag which has nothing to do with the game updates but is mostly to separate actively maintained threads from others. F95 has so many threads that this is a simple organizational requirement to not end up with tons of unmaintained threads. As this has to be maintained in terms of bandwidth etc it gives the staff a means to make decisions. So abandoned can either mean there isnt anyone actively feeling responsible for updating the thread anymore or that development has indeed been cancelled.
Ohh I did not know the thread could be abandoned from the Thread point of view instead of the game. That is nice to know. Thank you.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Again, you want to change the rule which is different to whether said rule is applied evenly or not.
you really do not understand
I do not want any rule
please where you understand that i want change the rule?
I just ask to f95 owner to revisit that rule
but they are all the rights to do or not... I can only Kindly suggest because it is not the first time that this happen
and it is always a mistake,,, because the other games was also near to the end...

I just said that this game is not abandoned!

and that tag can cause problem to an artist creative that have already done great games
and Project Sage is a great game

in any I have already said the same in Lida's adventures that it was not abandoned and i have started to support the dev
Lidas is now un progress

this can help the lovers of Project sage to stay strong and help the dev in order to complete this great game!

maybe you are a heater of this game?
but this another discussion :cool:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I do not want any rule
I just ask yo f95 owner to revisit that rule
As was pointed out - this thread is the wrong area for this discussion. Tag rules and list is where you want to go and ask for a revisit or change. It should have been one of the areas you should have been visiting by now as an active user.

Reactions: Jude6

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I do not want any rule
I just ask yo f95 owner to revisit that rule
Yes you are right. I don't understand. But what I don't understand is that you say "please where you understand that i want change the rule?" just to answer "I just ask yo f95 owner to revisit that rule". So no. I don't understand how revisit a rule is different from reconsider it with the possibility of change it.

For me they are the same: look here

maybe you are a heater of this game?
Oh no. I am not getting into another discussion. I was just trying to help here. Besides toolkitxx already explain it. good day, sir.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Yes you are right. I don't understand. But what I don't understand is that you say "please where you understand that i want change the rule?" just to answer "I just ask yo f95 owner to revisit that rule". So no. I don't understand how revisit a rule is different from reconsider it with the possibility of change it.

For me they are the same: look here

Oh no. I am not getting into another discussion. I was just trying to help here. Besides toolkitxx already explain it. good day, sir.
I understood you are an hater and a f95 defender...
but i never attacked f95
I just want to do my best to avoid this abandoned tags errors that sometimes can happen
and this is another of the rare mistakes of the abandoned tag rule when applied on games that are near to be completed

there are no evidences that this game was abandoned

Good luck

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Htyur

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Let's just agree that it's an item on the wishlist, and it's one that's probably on all of our wishlists
Yes, definitely hope that it will arrive someday, maybe it is wishfull thinking, but that does not arm anyone to hope.

And if it happen one day, it will happen, abandoned flag or not, so discussing a mere word on the title does not bring water to the mill.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
It is not whether you agree with me or not. There has been no communication for more than three months and clearly no update. So F95 rule applies: game is CONSIDERED abandoned. Of course, unless dev themselves say "game is abandoned" we cannot know. Veqvil returned to the game with an update, so the game stopped being abandoned BEFORE he came back, but for that time it was CONSIDERED abandoned by F50 rules.

If you like, the "abandoned" tag should be considered "in probability terms": "with a high probability, the game is abandoned". In other words, experience says that under those conditions the most likekly result is that the game was abandoned. Pure statistics.

That is totally fine, but it is another discussion to have with F95 evil overlords that we love. Given the CURRENT rule, the tag applies.
I have received very similar post on Lida's Adventures thread
maybe is a copy and paste... in any case i do not agree with the sentence that you write because communication when problems comes can be impossible specially in months when Covid-19 was on the fire all over the world :p
this rule can add problem on a problematic situation... the already work done by Paperwork should be consider because we are not computers with only YES or NO as answers the human creativity cannot be emulated in a rule (different if the game was in a demo start)

I hope my support brings luck to Paperwork as it was when I have start support Lida's Adventures for the exact same reason
Lida had been marked as abandoned and after about 2/3 months the developer communicates again.
Paperwork will do the same for sure!

Last edited:

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Yes, definitely hope that it will arrive someday, maybe it is wishfull thinking, but that does not arm anyone to hope.

And if it happen one day, it will happen, abandoned flag or not, so discussing a mere word on the title does not bring water to the mill.
this rule is very easy to avoid when the dev is in a good shape and just want take a long by doing nothing..
but it is very no possible to avoid in the case where there is a REAL BIG PROBLEM for the dev!

I hope that my words will never be "mere" in this case.

oluap

Sep 21, 2017
i think about 1 thing. i hopfe the Dev is not dead (Corona). it would be a loss. but we cant contact him right? so i hope he is Alive and all fine! but still there is the chance that he aktualy died maybe. i Dont know and hope for the best Outcome (he is Actually Working on a Big update). and still if he doest come back, Hope he is fine and Healthy. Maybe see u again paperwork

Reactions: Randeep44

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
any patron that knows what all those from his last post is all about? did PW post anything?

4.70 star(s) 59 Votes