Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I'm not with you in this
because communication is also a problem sometime
if the game was on the start ... maybe in this case the rule would be ok

and Katie's corruption was 1 year marked causing demage to the dev

Lida's is also example of the communication problem
I am not going to go in a big discussion of what has been going on but I will reply on the fact you keep bringing up Katie's Corruption. Aside from the fact the Dev of that game is a piece of shit that lost quite a lot of support NOT because of him "just going away" but by clearly DELETING his patreon and doing it without so much as a mention, He just UPPED and left that was why it was marked as abandoned. Katie's Corruption is the LAST thing you want to use for ANY type of example other then a negative one.

Katie's Corruptions dev came back and "finished" his game in hopes of regaining much of his lost trust for his new project. Katie's Corruption wasnt exactly finished, it received a rushed ending, big difference. So whatever you want to use as examples or what not about the abandoned taggo right ahead but do everyone else a favor and keep the mention of Katie's Corruption and it's Dev out of it.

Gabriel2801

Nov 12, 2018
guys it's the end, no message from PW nothing to give us a little hope, this game is abbandoned finish, i supported him too on patreon but he is gone

• Sad
Reactions: Sativa-29

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
I have received very similar post on Lida's Adventures thread
maybe is a copy and paste... in any case i do not agree with the sentence that you write because communication when problems comes can be impossible specially in months when Covid-19 was on the fire all over the world :p
this rule can add problem on a problematic situation... the already work done by Paperwork should be consider because we are not computers with only YES or NO as answers the human creativity cannot be emulated in a rule (different if the game was in a demo start)

I hope my support brings luck to Paperwork as it was when I have start support Lida's Adventures for the exact same reason
Lida had been marked as abandoned and after about 2/3 months the developer communicates again.
Paperwork will do the same for sure!
Actually if the dev is in so much trouble that they cannot post anything on patron for months, unable to responding to any messages, while still getting $500 per month... Not even one post like "dw, im still alive". I see nothing wrong f95 consider these kind of projects abandoned. The reason why the dev stopped showing up may or may not be Covid-19 related, hell it could even be something so much worst than the virus, but that simply didnt matter.

In many countries people are presumed death if they are missing for like seven years. In F95zone games are presumed abandoned if the devs are missing for months. Its just like that.

Aliasex

Apr 17, 2019
Hi, guys... Say, I discovered this jewel some time ago, and now I have dl the latest version. And the mods.
Can I just upgrade from 0.17a to 0.19d ("pc" version, but linux machine, pI play simply by running the .sh file)
I other words: Will I have to go through everything again or is there a way to keep my former session? (this may be useless, as I may better start from scratch to see the mods at work)

Thanks for your help
(and, well, thanks Paperwork, even if I'd be really disappointed if the game died here)

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
I *think* you can upgrade but I'm not sure if you can skip the 0.18 update and eventual later stages of the 0.17 version.

Edit: though even if you dl the latest standalone version your save file should retain.

Reactions: Aliasex

anotheruser

Sep 1, 2018
Can I just upgrade from 0.17a to 0.19d ("pc" version, but linux machine, pI play simply by running the .sh file)
I other words: Will I have to go through everything again or is there a way to keep my former session? (this may be useless, as I may better start from scratch to see the mods at work)
If you've got saved games from version 0.17 of Project Sage Act 1, then yes, you should be able to just unpack the new version and load up a saved game.

OTOH if you have saves from Project Sage 0.17a (the earlier, lewder and less-polished game) you should be aware that this game is a total rewrite with very little in common beyond some re-used characters and the basic plot. You cannot import saves from the old game into this one, but if you start a new game in Project Sage Act 1 you would not find yourself repeating much from the old Project Sage.

And yes, both games work nicely in Linux (on i686 and amd64 machines at least, sadly no love for arm64 yet).

mikie

Jul 4, 2017
is there no patreon here, who could ask the dev via patreon pm if he´s okay?
i could imagine that has already happened

Htyur

Mar 6, 2018
Of course that did happen, when I paid 1$ to check the comments below the most recent post some people said that they reached out to him but got no reply.
That is just scummy. He owes us nothing here, but not responding to paying patreons is just terrible.

4.70 star(s) 59 Votes