Jan 12, 2019
Wow, this thread has gotten toxic. First, if you're not a patron you have zero grounds to complain - you're getting free fap material so calm down. Second, if you're a patron and you don't think Paperwork will follow-through: unsubscribe. It is, however, absolutely reprehensible to claim, with zero evidence, that Paperwork lied about a death in the family in order to steal money from his patrons - an amount of money, I may add, that is equivalent to a week of minimum wage work. In case you are unaware, the way patronage works is that you 'gift' the artist money because you enjoy their creation and would like for them to continue to work - that is, you aren't buying a product. Paperwork doesn't owe us anything, so lets restore some civility to the thread.

Sep 5, 2017
Wow, this thread has gotten toxic. First, if you're not a patron you have zero grounds to complain - you're getting free fap material so calm down. Second, if you're a patron and you don't think Paperwork will follow-through: unsubscribe. It is, however, absolutely reprehensible to claim, with zero evidence, that Paperwork lied about a death in the family in order to steal money from his patrons - an amount of money, I may add, that is equivalent to a week of minimum wage work. In case you are unaware, the way patronage works is that you 'gift' the artist money because you enjoy their creation and would like for them to continue to work - that is, you aren't buying a product. Paperwork doesn't owe us anything, so lets restore some civility to the thread.
I don't think anyone here claimed he lied about that, so stop defending him by making a strawman. Even if one or two people do think that, a couple comments among the thousands here are hardly relevant and not worth mentioning.

I fail to understand why you would use the argument of "well it wasn't that much money." If I stopped showing up to my job because I felt sad I would absolutely expect some repercussions. Whether or not Patreon can be considered a job is up for debate, but as we (those of us who were donating) were exchanging money for a good or service, I think it's fair to say we were at least owed a notification that he wasn't gonna work on it anymore. Does it seem crazy to you that people would be angry at having their money wasted?

And finally, what "civility" are you expecting to see here, exactly? There's nothing to talk about in this thread since the game is effectively abandoned again. Might as well be locked at this point. The only reason I keep an eye on the thread now is to laugh at people like you who use these ridiculous rationalizations to defend someone who evidently doesn't give two shits about any of his patrons, let alone anybody here.

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
... if you're not a patron you have zero grounds to complain...
This statement is inaccurate, and tends to just rile people up.
Non-patrons have every right to complain - they just need to keep in mind that the developer they are complaining about has ZERO incentive to listen to or care about their complaints, made here on a forum where they pirate the game for free.

projectsagefan

May 2, 2020
This statement is inaccurate, and tends to just rile people up.
Non-patrons have every right to complain - they just need to keep in mind that the developer they are complaining about has ZERO incentive to listen to or care about their complaints, made here on a forum where they pirate the game for free.
Whether you have the right to complain or not (in broader sense) isn't that relevant when it comes to writing in this thread. I think this is the best game listed on the site, and I also have doubts that there will ever be another release. However reading the same scam, abandon, complaints about progress (and the back and forth between people on that topic) just don't bring anything interesting to the table. They've been talked to death, and are also not unique to this game. You can read most threads on abandoned games and find similar stuff. When I visit this board I'd much rather read experiences or speculation or really anything of substance except the same old, same old.

Myster_E

Jan 22, 2019
Hrmm... Paperwork active looking at clean slate game and hour ago.. looking for inspiration or just trying other games. An update would be nice =/

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
he is just a guy and also need to play around and do other things. I do, even if I have my game to work on.
but, to calm the nerves of people he should post more frequently, this for his own sake more than others. I would hate to read about people complaining about me because Im not saying anything for a long period. that would make me feel bad and therefore I would never act like that, if Im tired, not motivated or need to take a break, I say it.

minmax

Sep 28, 2019
in my opinion the guy is great, man, he makes a high-quality game and he doesn't care about the opinions and conclusions of the others, if he don't refresh game, then he had more important things to do. I respect him, his silence, I respect his work, but for us as consumers it is simply not profitable, that's all.

Reactions: junkanon

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
bad argument.
if u start to make a game for the money u are doing it all wrong.
I have worked for 10 years doing tools and cracks and the last 2-3 years a new game engine and so far I gained 0$.

this is about doing something you enjoy doing and if eventually you start getting money its the "reward", not "salary".

this is also about investing time and including a community with your creation. you enjoy sharing, getting feedback and if they give you money its the ultimate "I like your work".
a silence is equal to I dont care about the community. so why should the community care about him?
its 2 ways, not 1 way. he produce, we play, we give feedback, we also reward him (the one that decides that) and he continues because he enjoy doing games and also enjoy getting the feedback, both critics and economically.
if he feels that its not enough money, its equal that money is more important than creativity.
if he feels that he is not motivated to do more, tell that to the community, as a open communication with the people you actually are involving with your creation. its ethics and morals.

devs that are disappearing (knowingly), leaving a community without saying anything, and for months they still get money (we have numerous devs that did like that destroying the trust in devs) are scums.
as a dev I hate those people because they make people to not trust in us and that could also affect me and my team.
to be a dev is about responsibility. if you can't handle that, do not start a patron or another donation site. when you start a patron you involve money and you also create a deal with a community that you are serious about it and that makes people believe in you, when you brake that trust, you are braking it for all new devs and future devs and when someone is starting to distrust devs it takes time for him to believe again and maybe we have a person that will never support anyone again.

minmax

Sep 28, 2019
I said my thanks to him. and a relatively large amount when compared with the "doom" game. but I don’t support it monthly, I buy the product through patreon
and there are enough dishonest people everywhere, so you waste your nerves on what you cannot influence
for that matter, you just need a different platform, not voluntary support for an idea, not a product

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
As long as there's no immediate cancellation upon missing deadlines, low effort posts and/or radio silence, nothing is going to change. The patrons are as much to blame as the devs when they don't act in their best interest.

Some people are either brain dead, too loaded or part of a money laundering scheme.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
hahaha using Paypal or credit cards?? I think for money laundering scheme there are the crypto currencies wallets that works safe and far better of the Patreon website.
they do not accept bitcoin as I know

BetoMurilo

Jan 2, 2020

Project Sage 1&Act 1_days 8...11-anal.XXX.(Paperwork/Patreon) remake by rmsl8

6h - 960x540 - video mp4 - 600mb

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Mega

Project Sage 1&Act 1_days 8...11-anal.XXX.(Paperwork/Patreon) remake by rmsl8

6h - 960x540 - video mp4 - 600mb
there is a mistake in the title of this video the ACT1 19d is only in this thread until today
your video is from the old version 17a of the game
It is not ACT1!

17a is far better of the video you posted and I suggest to play the original Project Sage 17a (click on the link in my signature and of course in the OP to download)
-----
I think the older version shouldn't be marked as abandoned because there are complete games that comes with less time-play and less renders.
Project Sage 17a is for me the 1st complete episode and can be considered as the pilot of a future serie.

I really hope that Paperwork will continue this game-serie with EP2/3/4 when possible
He made a very good job with the 17a and also with this ACT1 19d...
those 2 version comes with more than 12 hours of continuosly game time playing

I'm very sad for the dev but I just want remember to him about what Amy said in the last render:

"I better sleep now. Tomorrow I'll feel better"

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
unless he shows some form of life or a communication by 11/4, this will get marked Abandoned for the 2nd time. I hope dev is okay but pretty sure this is the end of this project...sage.

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes