nandesta

May 29, 2019
I would actually Volunteer, I love the Project Sage series as do we all.

If rendering scenes through Daz/coding would take some pressure off of his back I'd put my time forward for it, I'll mention this to him also.

I'm going to try to contact Paper because the last thing I want to see is this game die, I miss amy :).
At last, some positivity on this thread ! Me lyke it so much ! Hopes arising :)

Reactions: Valetto

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
its not the only dev that keeps getting money without any releases. its quite common.
but, you could say that even without releases, he did a very good job before that.
so, money-wise I don't mind that at all. he deserve it.
but, I dont want that income to hinder that he returns and resume the game.
he can not let Amy die like that!

Kahamiloa

Nov 1, 2018
Yep 2020 was hard to everyone but without Amy it was even harder :( We need support as well. 2021 must be the year of her rebirth... I hope :)

Reactions: nandesta

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
I can't help but think that the DAZ migration Paperwork talked about shortly before the game screeched to a halt was a wrong decision, which leaves me a bit bitter. I'm saying this as someone who absolutely adored the game (it still remains in my top 3 games of this site), and supported it financially for a fairly long time.

Of course I'm not aware of what happened behind the scenes, of the challenges or other issues (hopefully nothing related to health) that Paperwork might have run into or the full extent of what crossed his mind at the time, but hopefully this will serve as a lesson for other future talented game authors. One success tops any amount of unfinished projects, and "better" is the enemy of "good" or even "very good".

When NASA started to aim for the moon and successfully reached their goal in the seventies, they didn't stop in the middle of their project because of technical limitations, like having less computer horsepower at their disposal all combined than we commonly have in a single of our smartphones today, or because of unexpected roadblocks or even outright catastrophes.

My opinion is that for a VN, there is no "technical issue" that can't be solved with a simple black screen and text. Many of us, me included, enjoyed the characters as they were, with no need for "upgrade" or extra "animated" shenanigans. There would always have been time for an "upgrade" once the game had reached a proper closure.

Now, even if the game resumes in the future, which of course I hope it does, there will always be the question lingering in my mind about an author that, no matter how much I enjoy his work and who I really want to support, has failed to ever cross the finish line.

In any case, no matter my disappointment, it's just a game. Rabid fans like me (still secretly crossing fingers to play the game to a satisfying end one day soon) are not worth losing sleep or health over.

Please be well above all, Paperwork.

Zuhl

Aug 25, 2020
ThisIsMe88 your comparison with NASA is really wrong and is not a real comparison. I mean NASA has back cover instead of as a financial target. And a nation that wanted that and that only as a comparison with a 1 person or maybe a few more. He has personal life setbacks. I hope that the artist is doing so well. That neither he nor from seemed to have had no serious setbacks. exactly it is just a game of the artists should be first to live on Concentrated in the basket and in good health, if not so much luck and happiness, I wish you all good. and there is at least one who said he would continue that should really stop paperwork until now everything is still in the tern white with many others in the last half year and I think the future is also here for a lot I hope For all of you the plague and good luck and that one day paper work has the strength and desire to continue, if not I hope that it will start even if it isn’t the same.

Myster_E

Jan 22, 2019
Also DAZ had nothing to do with him stopping. a long time ago he said he wanted to use DAZ for act3. wouldn't make sense for DAZ to be the issue since he was still on act 1. It was personal life circumstances and nothing more.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
ThisIsMe88 your comparison with NASA is really wrong and is not a real comparison.
Uh, that still today remains a staple among players of H-games all around the world, that was developed with a rag-tag crew of creative and obviously talented people, beginning with a single guy on a Japanese version of Rpgmakerfucking2000.

When he started, he just wanted to make the best game that he could with a female protag, strong action and pixel-art pregnancy elements, which had rarely if ever been seen before in any other game on equivalent engines. He (and the people that continued his legacy) never changed of goal, and never stopped because the engine was becoming ridiculously outdated with each passing year. Last I checked, they were still adding to it (other protagonists, other fetishes, better translations, etc.), but the base game is there, playable, and highly enjoyable.

Where you argue about NASA and budgets, I'd like to point out the people instead, achievers, who know what they want and how to get it (even against all odds), compared to other people who keep brainstorming "remakes" or "improvements" every other month, upgrading visual elements that no one really cares about when the core of the games still don't manage to hold their own, thus leaving them in perpetual and frustrating cliffhangers.

To me, the comparison is as apt as it can get, considering that money alone wasn't what got human beings on the moon, that it's precisely because that they could reach their initial goal that today we can improve on it and aim for higher/farther, that we keep having countless examples of very expensive and yet shoddy games, and finally that (unless I'm somehow mistaken) contrary to some other Patreon authors money has never been Paperwork's main concern or issue to finalize the game.

Also DAZ had nothing to do with him stopping. a long time ago he said he wanted to use DAZ for act3. wouldn't make sense for DAZ to be the issue since he was still on act 1. It was personal life circumstances and nothing more.
Sure, we could argue about that, but the fact remains that he went radio silence shortly after discussing the very idea of toying with DAZ for any future extensions of the game. Since no one is able to guess what was or currently is in Paperwork's mind, that coincidence appears to me as much too convenient to ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: HenWen

Zuhl

Aug 25, 2020
Uh, that still today remains a staple among players of H-games all around the world, that was
Much gerde without sin or just there you would have been able to speak if Hansel and Gretel could. Without saying hansel or puzzles And there is no steit, hoppy artists who stand there with nothing or a handful of people to compare with NASA is ridiculous and ridiculous. but hey just tell yourself that fairy tale face of any name loose game with name loss artists can leave the same for the future.

Zuhl

Aug 25, 2020
Sure, we could argue about that, but the fact remains that he went radio silence shortly after discussing the very idea of toying with DAZ for any future extensions of the game. Since no one is able to guess what was or currently is in Paperwork's mind, that coincidence appears to me as much too convenient to ignore.
You wrote that nicely, exactly nobody can read thoughts in paperwork because of your keeping purely conspiracy theory without meaning and stop is just because of the point in time. well what a consciousness is the holes in the swiss coffers have more toen than your assertions. but it doesn't matter that is much more than I wanted to do with the subject. in the end only people all here together pay attention. stays healthy

Zuhl

Aug 25, 2020
Ok I wish you all a happy new year and we will see a lot more with the greatest possible update.

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
If the game migrates to DAZ instead of staying in HS, I would simply quit playing it. I like this game because it focuses on the story and has a lot of content every update since HS is easy to produce in development wise. Migration to DAZ means you won't see 1.5k - 2k images every update and dev is going to waste majority of his time with rendering the images instead of focusing on the setting and story.

Nay from me (n)

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes