Unreal Engine Abandoned Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV]

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
i know 960 is old,but it still working,like overwatch can play to 100fps,i hope can better
Everything set to low isn't exactly a proving point for a game like overwatch that is designed that way given the competitive nature of fps games. Overwatch can certainly look pretty and take a decent card if you shoot for the competitive fps range with the given higher resolution, but it's very capable of running on potato cards. I swapped from a 960 a few years back, so while I understand that you can set everything to the absolute bottom and maintain a decent fps on probably 1080p, most games and especially ones made in unreal, just won't have that level of compatibility with rapidly aging cards.

You'll just have to hope the rebuild will stay in the middle of this style and the 2d one of their other projects previous build. The smaller scope will help if your cards are behind the times. But if he went all out on this threads style, it would be pretty unlikely the 960 could hold up.

Last edited:

xGugu

Mar 6, 2019
Everything set to low isn't exactly a proving point for a game like overwatch that is designed that way given the competitive nature of fps games. Overwatch can certainly look pretty and take a decent card if you shoot for the competitive fps range with the given higher resolution, but it's very capable of running on potato cards. I swapped from a 960 a few years back, so while I understand that you can set everything to the absolute bottom and maintain a decent fps on probably 1080p, most games and especially ones made in unreal, just won't have that level of compatibility with rapidly aging cards.

You'll just have to hope the rebuild will stay in the middle of this style and the 2d one of their other projects previous build. The smaller scope will help if your cards are behind the times. But if he went all out on this threads style, it would be pretty unlikely the 960 could hold up.
ok,i need to think to chang the graphics card.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
I don't think dev will continue to work on this game. He ditched his 2D game and started working on 3D version.
I'm sorry I'm confused you mean to say he abandoned this game, which is 3D, and also he stopped working on the 2D game, which is their second project called Project Elimination, and now started working on a 3D game? ANOTHER 3d game??

EDIT: Holy shit I just read the news on the other game's thread. Well that's another one down I'm not too surprised though. Still best of luck to the dev they're gonna need it

Donvu

Dec 20, 2019
I understand that on the basis of the first game he began to create a new one, but this is already without adult content ... It looks good, I myself was in favor of removing all adult content, the game does not look bad anyway, if you work on it, endow a good plot and charismatic characters will be a very good game.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I understand that on the basis of the first game he began to create a new one, but this is already without adult content ... It looks good, I myself was in favor of removing all adult content, the game does not look bad anyway, if you work on it, endow a good plot and charismatic characters will be a very good game.
The project target has not changed, it will be an adult game.

May 25, 2017
I'm sorry I'm confused you mean to say he abandoned this game, which is 3D, and also he stopped working on the 2D game, which is their second project called Project Elimination, and now started working on a 3D game? ANOTHER 3d game??

EDIT: Holy shit I just read the news on the other game's thread. Well that's another one down I'm not too surprised though. Still best of luck to the dev they're gonna need it
Yeah he lost half of his game data due to hardware failure, so he would've had to make all of his stuff from scratch anyway.

Onkin

Sep 15, 2018
Yeah. I was absolutely hyped about the first game. After announcing the 2D game I was okay with it. I joined his Discord at that time.
But there I realized how lost the dude is. He has a channel "#progress" where he lists his "progress" as a percentage with decimals (who can even define 1000 steps for his progress?). Every few weeks he realized he's not really progressing and obfuscated his shit even more. Currently it has like 50 lines of progress precentage for each part, all of which became kinda orphaned.

His versioning scheme is also quite amusing. It goes like "Pre-Test, Test, Rebuild, Rebuild Demo, etc.". And then right when the first interesting version a new game gets announced.

Donvu

Dec 20, 2019
The project target has not changed, it will be an adult game.
As far as I remember, he was not happy with this from the very beginning. And now, in the last comments, he writes that these characters are simply not suitable for an adult game. I am sure in the process it will move away from adult content, the game is already not bad at first glance.
With this game, he can reach a new level, adult content will interfere, hang like a ballast, you need to get rid of it.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
As far as I remember, he was not happy with this from the very beginning. And now, in the last comments, he writes that these characters are simply not suitable for an adult game. I am sure in the process it will move away from adult content, the game is already not bad at first glance.
With this game, he can reach a new level, adult content will interfere, hang like a ballast, you need to get rid of it.
I stand by my previous statement, the game, whatever form will take, sidescroller or full 3D, will be an adult game, confirmed by the Dev.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
Feb 11, 2020
To respond to some recent comments

The game (Project Elimination) was never 2D, it was a 3D sidescroller. Little different. Also he didn't stop it out of choice. Yes, not backing up was dumb, but I think he's gotten the message and is backing up now. Also also, this is what people wanted when he asked what his patreons would rather see. 2d lost out over 3d.

All his works, including this, are going to be adult games. I don't know where the idea that he's switching came from, because he isn't. I personally would keep supporting him even if he switched away, but I understand that he would probably lose a lot of patreons if he did.

He is intending to continue this game (Section 7) when the other one is finished. Plus working on other games and other types of games is good experience, as this is intended to be the main project and a full fledged game, whereas others are intended to be shorter and quicker for the purposes of making money to fund this project.

A progress channel is a smart idea, and percentages makes a lot of sense (there are no decimals involved, what are you on?) because we can see how far along he is with something and how comfortable he is with it as a 'finished' system or character in relative terms, without having to see exactly what he is working on all the time. And his versioning makes sense. You have literal proof of concept versions (not pre-tests, like what?), which is to test the basic mechanisms and the concept itself, then you have test versions for patreons to play in order to find bugs and provide feedback, and demos for the general public to play. Re-build is barely even mentioned except in the titles of projects.
Methinks someone is exaggerating.

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes