Unreal Engine Abandoned Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV]

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Also, is MateyDev doing all of this solo, or do they have a team? I can't imagine getting this amount and quality of work done alone... (Then again, I'm not a game dev.)
Right now he's working solo, his dream is to have a small team with him, but he lacks the budget, reason why this game (PU) is on hold, the scope was too big and he realized that he couldn't reach the goal he planned, so he shifted to a more doable project (yes that video is from an easyer project, that should get you thinking about the plans for this game).

My poor pc is already begging for mercy....
Yeah, though the game looks like it's gonna kick total ass, unfortunately, it's also gonna kick my laptop's ass.
Note that video was taken within the game engine editor (he mentions it at the beginning of the post), so the performances are tanked by that, also the dev is running all on a GTX1070, so the game is tuned to that at 1080p and he always records at max graphics settings, the game will allow graphics settings customizations and you'll be able to toggle off a lot of things for a smoother experience.
He's also being asked to add more advanced optimization options and he's looking into it, like FSR2.0, but that is still being discussed and not confirmed, although the community is pushing hard for that feature...

PulseOver

Oct 15, 2018
This is the for those who want to take a look...
Reminds me of Death Stranding little bit. Enviroment feels creepy. You're isolated and monsters chasing you. I hope he keeps it creepy like that with less gun action and more of a survival theme. I'd add some fog to this to make it even more scary tbh.
Looks promising overall.

alpha11zz1

Nov 13, 2020
project test 2 seems good,but the model of character is still……wierd?I can barely recognize the MC's face

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
project test 2 seems good,but the model of character is still……wierd?I can barely recognize the MC's face
The character models you see there were designed for the 2D project, that's why the details are kinda low, it's a placeholder used for rigging and animation building (it even lacks genitalia lol). The new character models, with all the detail will come probably already as part of the PoC build soon (around late October if everything goes as planned).

The MC, her outfit and the monster will all receive the same treatment, you can see that the quality of those is lower than the world around them, they will all be reworked at some point, but right now the Dev's focusing on creating the gameplay for the next build.

alpha11zz1

Nov 13, 2020
The character models you see there were designed for the 2D project, that's why the details are kinda low, it's a placeholder used for rigging and animation building (it even lacks genitalia lol). The new character models, with all the detail will come probably already as part of the PoC build soon (around late October if everything goes as planned).

The MC, her outfit and the monster will all receive the same treatment, you can see that the quality of those is lower than the world around them, they will all be reworked at some point, but right now the Dev's focusing on creating the gameplay for the next build.
Gotcha

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
he posted a public video on his patreon a few days ago. This looks better than deadspace wtf. Cant believe this is going to be an adult game
The last Dead Space came out 9 years ago. Take a look at Project Callisto.

Completely unrelated, just paying my respects to this fallen gem. I hope they bring back the claustrophobic areas from this one into their new project.

Edit: oops its actually The Callisto Protocol

Last edited:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
So, looking back at the earlier game comparing Section 7 to Project 'E'. This might be another long time coming that then stops abruptly and becomes Project 'insert title' here in 202X?
Extracted from the public channels in the Dev's Discord:

[MATEYDEV] — 20/08/2022
First launch ver (1.0 ver) will be released 8/2023

As already stated previously (I don't remember if here or in the other thread) the free proof of concept (PoC) build should be ready between October and November if everything goes smootly.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
The last Dead Space came out 9 years ago. Take a look at Project Callisto.

Completely unrelated, just paying my respects to this fallen gem. I hope they bring back the claustrophobic areas from this one into their new project.

Edit: oops its actually The Callisto Protocol
So we are now getting a Dead Space Remake in addition to The Callisto Protocol and RE4 Remake my god 2023 what a year to be a horror game fan

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
how do i access the map from the first 3 pics?
you don't, it was the very first iteration of the game, I don't think it's online anymore (and there's nothing to see that's not in the other releases)

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes