StrangerIn

Aug 22, 2017
Maybe a bit of an aside, but does anyone have any tips on getting this working on the switch or just OpenBOR? I was able to get it to run on the wii back in the day with some quirks using the OpenBOR emulator, but on the switch it just crashes.

I've been trying to troubleshoot but just loading the .pak file through OpenBOR itself and checking the logs, but I'm just sort of mystified why it doesn't work to begin with. I assumed the encryption's to blame, but even using the unencrypted copies and dropping the data folder in there it wasn't working (though it made more progress, at least).

Just thought it'd be a fun side project, but I'm hitting more walls than usual. It was missing wind02.wav so I just dummied in a sfx to fix that, now the logs are saying "Fatal Error in load_cached_model, file: data/chars/nplayer/zeta/zeta.txt, line 1019, message: Invalid animation name!" And I have to imagine this won't be the last error. I feel like I'm missing something fundamental here.

chip1155

Jun 13, 2017
Maybe a bit of an aside, but does anyone have any tips on getting this working on the switch or just OpenBOR? I was able to get it to run on the wii back in the day with some quirks using the OpenBOR emulator, but on the switch it just crashes.

I've been trying to troubleshoot but just loading the .pak file through OpenBOR itself and checking the logs, but I'm just sort of mystified why it doesn't work to begin with. I assumed the encryption's to blame, but even using the unencrypted copies and dropping the data folder in there it wasn't working (though it made more progress, at least).

Just thought it'd be a fun side project, but I'm hitting more walls than usual. It was missing wind02.wav so I just dummied in a sfx to fix that, now the logs are saying "Fatal Error in load_cached_model, file: data/chars/nplayer/zeta/zeta.txt, line 1019, message: Invalid animation name!" And I have to imagine this won't be the last error. I feel like I'm missing something fundamental here.
the game was change by zeta to run on a modifed version of open bor called the px engine(created by zeta) running it on normal open bor will cause a crash

StrangerIn

Aug 22, 2017
the game was change by zeta to run on a modifed version of open bor called the px engine(created by zeta) running it on normal open bor will cause a crash
Well that answers that. Looks like it's a dead end for getting that going on the switch, then. Ah well. Thanks for the info, saves me a lot of time and futile tinkering

chip1155

Jun 13, 2017
Well that answers that. Looks like it's a dead end for getting that going on the switch, then. Ah well. Thanks for the info, saves me a lot of time and futile tinkering
if the game was ported to a diffent engine i see it impossible to port it again

chip1155

Jun 13, 2017
If the game was actually finished, it might have prompted people to work on ports.
well one of the member at the modding community wanted to try to port/and,or,maybe/remake the game for unity (to make modding it easier) but i don't know if it went anywhere

Mr.Z

Aug 8, 2018
How can i gen into a secret zone in lost world ,i tried to do what the guy shows so what is correct combination ?

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes