Oct 2, 2022
Source: Team-applepie/posts/8545657

ご無沙汰しております。
オニはショートスタックのようにプレイヤーキャラとセックスをすることができます。

I haven't seen you in a long time.

Oni can have sex with player characters like a short stack.
Pretty sure it was mentioned in a dev post that all of the present and future Monmusu will be able to breed with the player character. I don't think Monsters breeding with Monmusu was ever mentioned though.

uglywolf

Nov 3, 2018
Honestly, I don't think making an Oni was the only thing they're doing. Probably only for the demo/test version news.

I wanted to believe they already had a lot of resources being worked at the background on the full game.

Reactions: flannan

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Honestly, I don't think making an Oni was the only thing they're doing. Probably only for the demo/test version news.

I wanted to believe they already had a lot of resources being worked at the background on the full game.
At the very least, Orcs and Oni may be needed to implement progression system.
Because current version does not have any unlocks, and the only kind of progression we have, is breeding better women.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019

This is a big reason why having a team beats solo stuff for game development. Anybody know how large Team Apple Pie is? Even just a dev + artist makes things so much better/quicker. You always know stuff is going on in the background instead of just the art additions. Pretty sure one of the developers posts here occasionally and made it sound like there were at least 2 members on board if I remember right.

Edit: Yeah, UnknownDevDot has mentioned they're the programmer and has said "We" multiple times in posts for Monster Black Market. Doubt it's a translation issue with the programmer mention (They'd probably say "Creator" instead), so there's almost certainly more work behind the scenes being done as well as the art stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: uglywolf
Oct 2, 2022

Likely at least the original set of three monsters from monster black market will be implemented.
Also, I personally find it likely that raiding will be reintroduced in the next major patch. If not, the alternative will be getting raiding monsters the same way as getting women in the current version.
Still crossing fingers for merfolk monsters.

• Red Heart
Reactions: uglywolf

uglywolf

Nov 3, 2018
At the very least, Orcs and Oni may be needed to implement progression system.
Because current version does not have any unlocks, and the only kind of progression we have, is breeding better women.
Idk about "Better Women" that sounds like a modname for Skyr!m.
But hey, we're having a [CrossXBreeding] system here. It won't be a surprise to see some kind of Chimera-like monmusu that can only be obtained via breeding specific (X + X) monsters. And I think or rather hope the devs planned that, aside than DNA system if they plan to bring it back, or both.

Likely at least the original set of three monsters from monster black market will be implemented.
Also, I personally find it likely that raiding will be reintroduced in the next major patch. If not, the alternative will be getting raiding monsters the same way as getting women in the current version.
Still crossing fingers for merfolk monsters.
The original 3 as in Gobs, Orcs, and Lycans? Sure great to have. Hopefully in much cooler shapes than MBM's, I mean, the Gobs looks nice now. Nothing wrong to see a fiercer monsters.
Oh no... It just occurred to me that I wished the game to have [Normal and Shortstack] variations of some [Monsters/Monmusu], similar to that [Small and Tall] Beast girls for example. I probably asking too much... Sorry.
Anyway, from the look on how the project progressed. This reminded me a bit to MML(KISS); was a good game overall, ofc with pros and cons, personally.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DraconisOminous

Jan 6, 2018
Idk about "Better Women" that sounds like a modname for Skyr!m.
But hey, we're having a [CrossXBreeding] system here. It won't be a surprise to see some kind of Chimera-like monmusu that can only be obtained via breeding specific (X + X) monsters. And I think or rather hope the devs planned that, aside than DNA system if they plan to bring it back, or both.

The original 3 as in Gobs, Orcs, and Lycans? Sure great to have. Hopefully in much cooler shapes than MBM's, I mean, the Gobs looks nice now. Nothing wrong to see a fiercer monsters.
Oh no... It just occurred to me that I wished the game to have [Normal and Shortstack] variations of some [Monsters/Monmusu], similar to that [Small and Tall] Beast girls for example. I probably asking too much... Sorry.
Anyway, from the look on how the project progressed. This reminded me a bit to MML(KISS); was a good game overall, ofc with pros and cons, personally.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not offering for a variety of reasons, primarily because I'd need to get a new PC before thinking about it, but the mob/character setup looks pretty 'streamlined'. Each character is 'broken' into each unique piece. Calling up the right animation/model should be simple. And colors are assigned during generation by the looks of it. The biggest issue would be getting every animation, as each 'variant' you add will need to interact with the same characters as the parent. This probably should include combat.

If you counted just the listed animations in the folder (under streaming assets/Character) for woman, you have 8 individual animation/character models, 2 for Goblin sex/birth, and 1 for Player interactions; or 11 groups. The more monsters you have to interact with, you'll need 2 extra animations per. Say we end at 10 monsters, that means you'll need to make (assuming the woman as the standard) 29 character sheets and animations. And every character sheet in the sex animations requires you to have every actor present in the sex sheet. So all 21 sex animations will need the associated secondary character.

And that doesn't even account for any extra scene they haven't added, like the various prostitution from MBM.

To note, they use SPINE for animation, btw. Even in MBM. They have the file listed for Spine Unity asset management

I'd hold off on any plans though until we reach much closer to the actual release date for how/what they plan.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Since the game severely limits the amount of defenders we can field (just 10 unit points per side, which usually means about 5-7 goblins per side, and 5-9 defenders in reserve), there is no way to field a large number of goblins.
You can, indeed, stop the breeding programme when you reach "good enough" goblins, but there is no particular reason to do so.

Oct 2, 2022
Since the game severely limits the amount of defenders we can field (just 10 unit points per side, which usually means about 5-7 goblins per side, and 5-9 defenders in reserve), there is no way to field a large number of goblins.
You can, indeed, stop the breeding programme when you reach "good enough" goblins, but there is no particular reason to do so.
If you click the red banner icon in the bottom corner, you can set up squads to be deployed. Since you can set up at least 6, you can absolutely set up giant hordes of goblins to be deployed at a moments notice and just overwhelm enemies with seer numbers and some good timing. Not necessarily efficient, but possible.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
If you click the red banner icon in the bottom corner, you can set up squads to be deployed. Since you can set up at least 6, you can absolutely set up giant hordes of goblins to be deployed at a moments notice and just overwhelm enemies with seer numbers and some good timing. Not necessarily efficient, but possible.
I tried that before. If your troops are so inferior that you need whole reinforcement squads, you aren't going to get far. You'll be too stuck doing management that you would not have the time to enjoy the game.

Reactions: swe920 and Poggersq

Zenko-2B

Mar 23, 2021
I hope the developer plans to add more monsters besides goblins.
I would like to see again the orcs, minotaurs and giant salamanders from their previous games or at least have more enemies.
By the way, what happened to that mechanic of invading areas of a map that was in the first versions of the project? :unsure:

vinnie1121

Feb 24, 2022
I would like to see again the orcs, minotaurs and giant salamanders from their previous games or at least have more enemies.
By the way, what happened to that mechanic of invading areas of a map that was in the first versions of the project? :unsure:
Version 0.4 will have Orcs and Oni (female Orcs).

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
The developers did say they plan to replace it with something, but they decided to not say their plans out loud until they can deliver that.
Personally, I think sending monsters on expeditions, to bring construction materials, slaves and infamy, is a good fit. But it seems like the developers' plans are bigger than that.

Reactions: Zenko-2B
Oct 2, 2022
My theory is that the future gameplay will combine the invasion mechanics of the early versions and the defense mechanics we have now. Once the game play is under control, story content will be added.

Reactions: flannan
4.60 star(s) 22 Votes