ko.os222

Oct 7, 2022
Oh boy, that was a difficult read...
That's pretty much what they claim they want to do. They launched a second crowdfunding account on SubscribeStar- yes, second, in addition to the already existing Patreon.
View attachment 2091745
They currently milk people from two sources at once, with a vague promise that they'll switch to SS fully if they meet their funding there. Also, that they'll return cut animations and start developing monster stuff too (I wonder what bugs are then if not monsters? A lost viking tribe?).
Till then, it's basically free money, often from the same people that are already on Patreon. Yes, free because they still can't switch to SS and most likely never will. It's not even clowning at this point xD
Oh shieet xD ofcourse they thought this through. mb xD now I get why everybody so mad lol

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
They ask for 14k bucks per month with no solid finished product to proof, and all of the 10+ years experience with just minimal betas and technicallity shenanigans while some other devs already released their work(s) despite its quality .... that's not even reasonable goal.

"Return cutted animation" isn't even suppose to be there, they moved here precisly because they will not have to worry about Patreon being woke in the first place, it wasn't their intention then, huh? Just extra chum bucket??

The nerve of these people, they really take desperated horny man, not for a fool but literal clowns at this point.

Last edited:

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
So why cant the creatos just upload mild contents on her patreon and give out her test versions with the full aggressions scenes in some other place like most of the content creators?
There's something you got to know about crowd-funded projects on Patreon and SubscribeStar:

Most of the time, you can tell people that the project coming along very well while you just sit and grin and watch the money roll right in. You know, doing the least amount of effort while getting 100% paycheck

For Pure Onyx? I guess the dev wanted something so substantial that the core points of the game were left on the back burner for so long that they probably kicked someone out just for asking them how's the story coming along

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
“We aren’t able to make the saves transferable”
On that note...how the hell do you make save games untransferrable between versions that are literaly identical besides having like what, an extra crouch function, 1-2 animations and ...no extra items as far as I know?

Like bro you could just slap everything into a 2D array, write it to a file and you've got a save file that can store infinite amounts of everything as long as you don't add new categories, nevermind that you can add more possible saved values to the end of it to patch a new quick progression item into the game...

And nevermind using an actual save file format that is almost impossible to go wrong with...

What the fuck, these guys spend 0 effort doing anything

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
On that note...how the hell do you make save games untransferrable between versions that are literaly identical besides having like what, an extra crouch function, 1-2 animations and ...no extra items as far as I know?

Like bro you could just slap everything into a 2D array, write it to a file and you've got a save file that can store infinite amounts of everything as long as you don't add new categories, nevermind that you can add more possible saved values to the end of it to patch a new quick progression item into the game...

And nevermind using an actual save file format that is almost impossible to go wrong with...

What the fuck, these guys spend 0 effort doing anything
In what appears to be a rare act of defense on their part, I think they've decided to make something weird with save structure. I haven't looked at it now but there's a chance that they've either experimented with it (thus it's a change of the standard) or they've made a "bloating" save scheme.

By bloating I mean the kind of save that is holding most or ALL of the informations from the game. It is somewhat justified in games like The Elder Scrolls, where you have a lot of interactions with objects to track...
There are also games like Bedlam's No Haven that was made in RAGS. RAGS is infamous for making even something as simple as file's name change to be a reason for incompatibility of the saves.

I personally think it's unlikely to be the second variant (I'll lose sanity and my faith in humanity if they are that screwed up in the head). It is their weird experimentation with save structure, maybe some address changes. Still, it could be done better and I see it as a yellow flag in the sea of red.

• Angry
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

Satyaj1T

Oct 20, 2020
can anyone tell me whats new in alpha september 01 2022.....is there any new cotent avail. in this ver.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
In what appears to be a rare act of defense on their part, I think they've decided to make something weird with save structure.
Ah yes, the old "reinventing the wheel" scheme that CS students pull on their year 1 university projects...
If that really is the case, these devs don't deserve a fkin dime
It's one thing to modify your work environment to optimise specificaly for your use case for better performance but this has nothing to do with that

Reactions: Buziol

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Eromancer hit me with a DMCA for leaking their soundtrack. Mega, GoFile & Drive were hit. Soundcloud doesn't seem to care.
View attachment 2107074
I hope these accounts (especially the gmail) weren't associated with you in private manner (like, they weren't used for something crucial)? My friend recently lost quite a lot of shit because he got hit by automatic filter from gdrive for two loli references (nothing even suggestive, chibi stuff) that he got from his artist-girlfriend, while other lost 50gb of hgames archive. It took a while to reverse the damages.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes