CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I never stated nor implied that :3
Okay, fair. Now, onto the questions/clarifications!

You say he repeats himself yet the this whole thread does the same exact thing. Everyone already knows what you have to say, they've said it before you. The content is slow but it still makes it, the sketches he made a week ago are now being animated, where do you think that's headed? just disappear? obviously not, its slowing heading to the game already. Since when is making content a race? (c) He can take 20 years, he has no obligation to do anything he doesn't want Idk why people got to be so weird about a game when they have given nothing up for it. I'm one of the few paying, its my hard earned money, i should be the one complaining. The level of entitlement is insane, it just shows how gross ppl can be.
So, in this particular context, we don't have the right to complain but you are since you're paying and we're not, despite some of us beginning to compare his work with others who had relatively faster updates and in-game content. Okay, sure. My question is, does this also apply to former Patrons/Subscribers as they are now not a part of the Discord channel of subscribers and therefore their input is considered invalid?

I mean, discourse like this is bound to change people's perspective on the project overall directly or indirectly and whether or not their money is well justified to get into Ero's pocket.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Okay, fair. Now, onto the questions/clarifications!

So, in this particular context, we don't have the right to complain but you are since you're paying and we're not, despite some of us beginning to compare his work with others who had relatively faster updates and in-game content. Okay, sure. My question is, does this also apply to former Patrons/Subscribers as they are now not a part of the Discord channel of subscribers and therefore their input is considered invalid?

I mean, discourse like this is bound to change people's perspective on the project overall directly or indirectly and whether or not their money is well justified to get into Ero's pocket.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
The reason I saying things like "you can't complain" is because this is not a mass product with the key point being on market sales, it is a small project which is a passion of Ero. You complaining would be like me saying "your painting sucks and you take to long to paint it, look that this other artist he does digital art which is way faster and better". If I say do X and he wants to do Y then he can do Y. He will not do something until he approves of it, so when choosing between his desires and mine, he will always choose his because he is not working for me, it's not a service he is providing. On contrast if this was being sold in a huge market like most steam games then yes, they are selling you a finished product. In terms of games what they sell you is "entertainment" just like movies, music, ect (which is subjective in itself but we'll bypass that) and in return for you money. Thus you both made an agreement of fair exchange, should you be dissatisfied you may have a right you complain as you held your end of the deal and they didn't. Ero's project is not the same, his project is not being sold and he has visions for the game despite ours. He even stated when asked about steam, he is not ready to go that far yet as there is much to do still before that. A true "scam" would ignore that and do it anyway. Now you can have suggestions, but most people make demands instead which are different. He is being funded and not necessarily "paid", when funding any project (games or not) you always carry a risk of it flopping, and its a risk only you decide to be okay with. So if you don't agree, then you don't pay, don't lose, and don't worry. History is littered with countless graves of failures, no point in digging up graves. The one's that do that are innovators that have a purpose to rebirth failed inventions. There is a huge example with Nikola Tesla (i love that man❤) that i would explain but it's way too long already.

_sanada_

Dec 27, 2017
You work more on your insults then actually statements, i already explained why the slow progress. If you can't read then go learn how to i guess lol
And you work more on avoiding hard questions, You accused me "you're lying again" What did I lie before and what did i lie again? Why bigger game also has alot of bugs still manage to fix and get more contents at faster pace? Why Ero does not focus on what his supporters want? Why is this indie game has longer life cycle than even triple A game which much bigger much more complex? And incase you have trouble of understanding, my statements are clear, Ero is a scammer and those who still not see that are dumb, stupid ass whales.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
And you work more on avoiding hard questions, You accused me "you're lying again" What did I lie before and what did i lie again? Why bigger game also has alot of bugs still manage to fix and get more contents at faster pace? Why Ero does not focus on what his supporters want? Why is this indie game has longer life cycle than even triple A game which much bigger much more complex? And incase you have trouble of understanding, my statements are clear, Ero is a scammer and those who still not see that are dumb, stupid ass whales.
to add to that, just in case some dumbass tell you BuT AaA gAmEs hAvE BiGgEr tEaM, there are other smaller indie H game devs with a shorter life cycle AND finished as well. so there really is no excuses since that is the closest comparison

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
You call them "dumb" but you're dumber for asking such stupid questions that i have already answered. How am i avoiding? Have you not seen the novel i already wrote at this point? Stop skipping over them and actually read. Are you that illiterate? Clearly you're just an angry troll :3

z9db781i01b

Sep 21, 2022
to add to that, just in case some dumbass tell you BuT AaA gAmEs hAvE BiGgEr tEaM, there are other smaller indie H game devs with a shorter life cycle AND finished as well. so there really is no excuses since that is the closest comparison
And where are those assets and animations come from? At least ero makes all of their own

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
oh god another troll
This thread is being raped more than the main character. Stop letting KittyMaid troll yall and go back to the good times. When people only posted eromancer memes once a month then disappear until there was another empty update to meme on.
yeah, you are right tbh feeding trolls just isnt really a good idea. even if you have a good intention. some people just refuse to listen

mech2

Nov 1, 2017
By looking at trailers and game descriptions as u do with all games. You get the game and see all updates.
So if I wanted to see the patch notes for Call of Duty or Street Fighter I have to buy the game? Oh wait, no I don't you fucking moron. Because actual companies, even ones as shitty as EA or Activision, have at least some level of transparency when it comes to the public and their games unlike all these wack Patreon devs trying to obscure just how little work they're doing. Have you never played a game that has an actual devblog or regular updates on YouTube that explicitly lay out the work that's been done?

That's not even mentioning the fact that their "trailers and game descriptions" are so full of bullshit I could fertilize Kansas with them. How long has that world map/stage select image been used a promo picture? Years, at this point, and the game is still what exactly? 2 "stages" with awful combat. The only thing going for them is the animations, which they also kinda ruined to make the game Patreon friendly.

You choose to support because u want to, its not a contract, u can start and stop or not begin at all.
You also forget ur in a pirate site that illegally gives u content at no cost to u. So not only are u freeloading from dev but from people who paid to share it in the first place. Idk how much more greed u want, you're already waiting for a produce u will never pay for.
I was actually a patron of theirs for Malise and the Machine for a while, stopping when I saw that the game was going nowhere. And I do buy games that actually earn the purchase in order to support devs that actually work for it.

Even if I didn't, shitty practices are still shitty practices, regardless of who's calling them out on it. Having to pay just to see what work, if any, is being done is nonsense. Would you buy bread from a bakery that keeps all the bread unseen in a locked container, and you have to pay them just to look to see if the bread has any mold on it?

Last edited:

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
So if I wanted to see the patch notes for Call of Duty or Street Fighter I have to buy the game? Oh wait, no I don't you fucking moron. Because actual companies, even ones as shitty as EA or Activision, have at least some level of transparency when it comes to the public and their games unlike all these wack Patreon devs trying to obscure just how little work they're doing. Have you never played a game that has an actual devblog or regular updates on YouTube that explicitly lay out the work that's been done?

That's not even mentioning the fact that their "trailers and game descriptions" are so full of bullshit I could fertilize Kansas with them. How long has that world map/stage select image been used a promo picture? Years, at this point, and the game is still what exactly? 2 "stages" with awful combat. The only thing going for them is the animations, which they also kinda ruined to make the game Patreon friendly.

I was actually a patron of theirs for Malise and the Machine for a while, stopping when I saw that the game was going nowhere. And I do buy games that actually earn the purchase in order to support devs that actually work for it.

Even if I didn't, shitty practices are still shitty practices, regardless of who's calling them out on it. Having to pay just to see what work, if any, is being done is nonsense. Would you buy bread from a bakery that keeps all the bread unseen in a locked container, and you have to pay them just to look to see if the bread has any mold on it?
1. Both of those are released games, when was it stated that Pure Onyx was a fully released game on sale? but if you believe that statement show the patch notes for GTA 6, they have taken sooo long i would like to see what is being updated so far, since you say "actual companies have transparency". Leak info of their development and tell me how it goes lol

2. You're also confusing "supporting" and "buying", two different things, you made it clear who the real moron is.

3. It's 3 stages soon to be 4, again another person ignorant on the topic but ready to rage lol

4. Yes Pateron did ruin it, thats the only thing i agree on, but when enough people switch to SubscribeStar they will bring back content that they really wanted to add.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
This thread is being raped more than the main character. Stop letting KittyMaid troll yall and go back to the good times. When people only posted eromancer memes once a month then disappear until there was another empty update to meme on.
Sorry for correcting people's misinformation, didn't know that was trolling. They like calling someone else's "BS" but don't like it when it's them, how ironic.

Ironfoot

Jun 7, 2017
4. Yes Pateron did ruin it, thats the only thing i agree on, but when enough people switch to SubscribeStar they will bring back content that they really wanted to add.
Why don't they close their Patreon then instantly? Release a post for 1-2 weeks saying they going to SS and close their patreon page. I say it why they don't do that. MONEY. Both of their accounts (Patreon, SS) bring them a lot of money per month. They don't care about you or the game or anything. They only care about the money. If they care about the game then they would close their patreon because their SS earnings are still enough to develope the game and pay for everyone in the team.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes