4.10 star(s) 47 Votes

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Fired up the download package without internet access (did allow for network access), got a blank screen.

Am I correct in understanding that this can't be played offline?
Oh yes! This game can not be played offline.

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Appreciate the answer. Bummer, though.

But I guess you had you reasons to go with such odd implementation, and offline is not gonna happen. Shame.
It's odd for people who are used to Flash, RenPy and RPGM games. We have evolved to HTML5 and I'm trying to push all these cool new features. With internet, we're able to connect to the game's server and do things like:
  • Connect to a database that has mod data. We can load mods into the game without having to externally install them into a folder.
  • Add a "Log In" button for Patron versions of the game or let people store their game saves online.
  • Have seasonal events. For example, Halloween is coming up and we have a Halloween event planned and the code for that event is coming straight from the server, not built into the game.
  • If there's ever a bug fix I need to do, I can update one file in the server and everyone will have access to it no matter what client you're playing on.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
It's odd for people who are used to Flash, RenPy and RPGM games. We have evolved to HTML5 and I'm trying to push all these cool new features. With internet, we're able to connect to the game's server and do things like
To be honest, aside from ease of implementation there's really nothing on that list that couldn't be added to a stand-alone offline game anyway, with connections "on demand" based on user preferences.

Meanwhile there's a huge privacy and security issue with running something relying on remote content access.

Anyway, your game, your rules, so all I can do is QQ about it ;)

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
lots of potential in the game but i didn't like the battle mechanic
maybe i am dumb, but author should add some pointers or tutorial on how to actually fight properly and win

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
Well this update is broken a bit, I cant find a way into town so the game is unplayable right from the start

MehOhWell

Aug 11, 2018
Okayyyyy.... so I can't actually access Easthollow anymore. I tried both in an imported save from the 9.0 Alpha and in a brand new save. Any suggestions?

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
lots of potential in the game but i didn't like the battle mechanic
maybe i am dumb, but author should add some pointers or tutorial on how to actually fight properly and win
No, you're not alone. I'll be addressing gameplay stuff in the future, trying to finish the story first.

Okayyyyy.... so I can't actually access Easthollow anymore. I tried both in an imported save from the 9.0 Alpha and in a brand new save. Any suggestions?
Velsomnia pinged me, just fixed it. No need to redownload, just boot up the game again :)

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Only thing killing this game is needing online. Not putting our computers at risk come first. Thank you for this though
It's not worth it right now for me to take off the online stuff. For example, just a few hours ago Velsomnia found a bug and I was able to patch it for all versions of the game without you guys needing to redownload anything because the game was online. Once the game is complete and things are stable I don't mind making an offline version.

• Red Heart
Reactions: anul and Lucifer84

bepri

Jul 27, 2017
So, uh.. I have no idea what happened, but my installation of v0.9.3 is showing that I never played before? I played to the end of it though, does anyone have a save they can share from the end of that version so I can continue for v0.10?

Destriss

Sep 3, 2017
Hi , question for the dev , i see there are lot work in story , but any idea for finish boris quest and his artwork ?

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
View attachment 844062
so this game is online and does this?
The latest update creates a 'saves' and 'mods' folder in the same directory as the game so that you can easily export your save file and import mods. This was something people have been wanting for a while now. I think your Avast sandbox might be redirecting my "Get file directory" code to system32.
And because the game is online, you can also just go to the website on Chrome and play the game if you're scared of the .exe.

Hi , question for the dev , i see there are lot work in story , but any idea for finish boris quest and his artwork ?
The animation artist has been working on NPCs for the game. I'm trying to finish the story first then go back and update the animations.

Reactions: Car4man

DizZzacter

May 1, 2019
I have a question. I'm the only one who doesn't have Suki scenes drawn? Or is the work with her scenes still incomplete?

4.10 star(s) 47 Votes