svenambig81

Nov 13, 2017
That was quick ; I just hope it's not hurting the dev's patreon...
If EP2 even halfway lives up to the hype EP1 set, I'm sure it'll result in even more patrons. That's kinda the whole idea of early access releases. You know people will pirate/get them for free, you're more interested in creating a fanbase who is willing to patronize you with the promise of more (and hopefully even better) content down the road.

Can't wait to dig in, love a good weekend release ;)

Thrway8113

Apr 13, 2021
I don't think it will - people who back on Patreon do so mostly just to support the dev, not because they're worried about the release. Anyone aware of F95 knows every game basically gets leaked here no matter what and F95 is a great test-bed for both consumers as well as the devs to see what people think about things without the pressure of selling them on it.

Many of us will be buying this on Steam when it launches.

Me-ta-Xa

Oct 27, 2022
This game is awesome! Just started all over and enjoyed it for quite some time....until this game breaking error occured:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script/episode1/scene_15.rpy", line 1053, in script
    jump v1s16
ScriptError: could not find label 'v1s16'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump v1s16
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Race of Life Episode-2-Extra
Sat Sep  9 16:04:24 2023
Can roll back but same thing happens over and over....checking ignore just closes the game.
Happens right after the BJ scene with Natalya and then the auto sequence in the bar when you talked to your brother after that....still chapter 1 I'm guessing.
Which is weird as I did not encounter any problems like this while playing chapter 1 one year ago.

Attached the save just before the exception.

Last edited:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Nah a lot of the action on Patreon come from users on sites like f95. See it as a place where many people try before potentially buying. If the product is decent, many here will pledge.

Reactions: JtShodan

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
If EP2 even halfway lives up to the hype EP1 set, I'm sure it'll result in even more patrons. That's kinda the whole idea of early access releases. You know people will pirate/get them for free, you're more interested in creating a fanbase who is willing to patronize you with the promise of more (and hopefully even better) content down the road.

Can't wait to dig in, love a good weekend release ;)
I don't think it will - people who back on Patreon do so mostly just to support the dev, not because they're worried about the release. Anyone aware of F95 knows every game basically gets leaked here no matter what and F95 is a great test-bed for both consumers as well as the devs to see what people think about things without the pressure of selling them on it.

Many of us will be buying this on Steam when it launches.
Nah a lot of the action on Patreon come from users on sites like f95. See it as a place where many people try before potentially buying. If the product is decent, many here will pledge.
Usually I argue but for once I didn't get insulted :D

I'll just hope you guys are right ; the dev deserves to earn money with that great work

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
This game is awesome! Just started all over and enjoyed it for quite some time....until this game breaking error occured:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    jump v1s16

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump v1s16
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Race of Life Episode-2-Extra
Sat Sep  9 16:04:24 2023
Can roll back but same thing happens over and over....checking ignore just closes the game.
Happens right after the BJ scene with Natalya and then the auto sequence in the bar when you talked to your brother after that....still chapter 1 I'm guessing.
Which is weird as I did not encounter any problems like this while playing chapter 1 one year ago.

Attached the save just before the exception.

This label does not exist in the EP2 anymore.
Please start a new game (as prefaced in the changelog) - otherwise your game will break on multiple occasions.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Woa, Finally, i really tought this was about to be abandoned bcs was like, almost a year without a new chapter, thx for returning i guess? this novel is really good, definetively going to see chapter 1 again and see the next one too

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
This label does not exist in the EP2 anymore.
Please start a new game (as prefaced in the changelog) - otherwise your game will break on multiple occasions.
Thanks for this tidbit. I won't worry about transferring saves from my mobile. :)

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Thanks for this tidbit. I won't worry about transferring saves from my mobile. :)
Yeah, I already reported the OP to be updated with this message - only after half-way through the EP2 development we (but mainly Jachu, the lead dev) realized that shit's gonna break, so... Oops, I guess? :oops:

4.70 star(s) 171 Votes