rieyn

Oct 9, 2018
On Patreon page:
He can still be communicating. He can feed us all the sweet lies that you'd like to hear. But in the world that existed before crowdsourcing platforms, it wasn't possible to get by just from blowing smoke every now and then. Even with elaborate smoke and mirrors, sometimes you still need to actually produce results.

I'm not exactly jaded enough to think that he's done absolutely nothing since the last update, but results speak for themselves and do so far better than any social media can. At the end of the day, what's this current message boil down to?

He's just given a sugar coated excuse for:
  1. Not having anything tangible to present
  2. Not having been in communication for awhile (EG: "Just checking in!")
  3. Taking his current services offline
and you're eating it up. Mind you, I'd find his post a lot more acceptable if he had brought something to the table within the past 18 months, but at this point it's just all talk.

I try to temper my frustration at this nonsense by reminding myself that he did actually come up with the idea and execute it at one point. There's no fucking integrity in stringing people along indefinitely, though.

Sep 10, 2021
Has anyone been able to decompile the code, then get it to recompile and run again? I took an ealier version apart to try and figure out what the problem is. The code base looks like spaghetti city with things that were implemented later such as decals stapled into the code. I was able to get it to run through a few intro scenes, but it hung trying to create a character.
"spaghetti city" lol. This eats into my reserve of hope for this game.

Jul 2, 2021
14K a month and they guy wants to work alone on the game, but he also have another job so he can't work on this all the time, and nothing to show for over a year. He is milking that patreon money for sure.
So he's getting a little more than $400 a day? I feel like he really should be working on his game if thats anywhere near his actual sallery. I see nicer looking games get better updates than this, but i know not everyone is great at dealing with code.

Still if what you say is true, i think he should really buckle down on his game more. Really hope its a job hes looking to progress in rather than a side job only for money.

ToastCrumb

Mar 22, 2019
so,this games still update or not?????
last update was in august 2020
creator has posted text updates and such, but hasn't release any content updates in more than a year. just small updates on eventual multiplayer support. not sure if he's even actually shown it yet. he used to stream often so people could watch progress being made, but i can't even remember the last i saw him stream.
so not dead, but with how light and rudimentary updates are, man it feels like it

Rena3443

Jun 3, 2021
last update was in august 2020
creator has posted text updates and such, but hasn't release any content updates in more than a year. just small updates on eventual multiplayer support. not sure if he's even actually shown it yet. he used to stream often so people could watch progress being made, but i can't even remember the last i saw him stream.
so not dead, but with how light and rudimentary updates are, man it feels like it
i hope this games still keep update cause this games so much fun

Jul 2, 2021
i hope this games still keep update cause this games so much fun
There is a good chance that if he continues to work on multiplayer, alone and without much experience with it that the next updates will just be bugfixes. Sounds like any content that might come will be after multiplayer, or from a modder.

Reactions: M_e_*

Coren

May 8, 2020
So collapsing under tech debt it is then.

I commented with shock on, what still is, the last major update coming straight from Rack 1 to see what kind of product Rack 2 was and how it seemed to be a massive massive undertaking with just the features planned, let alone the features inspired by development. I said, then, this would go one of two ways; The developer would get choked out as each feature required different skills and caused different problems, bringing development to a standstill if at all, or this product would last the rest of the developers natural born life. I got a reply in the thread but it seems the important reply was in life.

Shame. It really did seem like a very difficult game to make.

Reactions: M_e_*
Jan 28, 2020
So collapsing under tech debt it is then.

I commented with shock on, what still is, the last major update coming straight from Rack 1 to see what kind of product Rack 2 was and how it seemed to be a massive massive undertaking with just the features planned, let alone the features inspired by development. I said, then, this would go one of two ways; The developer would get choked out as each feature required different skills and caused different problems, bringing development to a standstill if at all, or this product would last the rest of the developers natural born life. I got a reply in the thread but it seems the important reply was in life.

Shame. It really did seem like a very difficult game to make.
Speaking of last update,

---

Hey all,

V11 will be the last version of this mod. I will continue working on it all through February, and at the end of February, I will release V11 and shut down this Patreon. The Discord will remain as a hub for Rack players, and I'll remain active in it.

When I started this Patreon, I made a promise that "if we don't work, you don't pay." Unfortunately, due to a large number of reasons but mostly burnout and real-life complications, I think the amount of work that can go into this mod is very limited in the future. I don't want me or this project to mysteriously disappear while you all keep paying.

This started as a weird little lockdown project to fix some bugs in a game I enjoyed. I could not have expected the massive amount of talented, supportive, generous people like yourselves that would enable this to grow into something much more. I'm very grateful to all of you and I'm very proud of what we've been able to accomplish. Rack 2 is more playable than ever and that's thanks to the support you all have given this project.

A special thanks goes out to my fellow collaborators. Without your help, this mod would not have gone past V3, as I have very little talent outside of programming :) Thank you, Berni, Solace, Euqirneh Ordep, Blendergeek, and many others who have really allowed this project to excel!

V11 will focus on quality of life improvements. If you have a small tweak that you really want to see before the mod ceases development, please DM me on here or Discord.

Hopefully, this is not the last you see of me or the other mod collaborators. We've got some ideas for more original and self-contained projects. Not soon, but who knows what the future holds?

Tamperung

MetalTao

Oct 5, 2018
Fat Scam, dead game.
Even if he worked on it tomorrow, the absolute lack of communication and thievery is not only ethically questionable but just wrong.
He can rot, just a shame no one who is his patreon even notices how much they are giving him.

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
What tools does Tamperung use to tinker with the game? I would love to fix boob bounce and a few other things.

3.00 star(s) 26 Votes