Husky657

Dec 26, 2017
Hey folks, I'm stuck at a roadblock and hoping someone here is able to help...

I'm able to run the game and do small mods here and there, but I cannot run the game for longer than 15 mins before my computer overheats and shuts off. Never had this issue with any fully developed game running max graphics. So I've monitored RAM and CPU like a hawk, and while the RAM does very slowly increase, it never gets close to 75% max and CPU never over 30%. I've scoured this thread for any info, and while I believe the mention of a memory leak could be the issue, I cannot understand the "fix" that was explained.

And yes, I have cooling pads and have even gone overboard with large desktop fans, and while it does help, it only adds about 2 more minutes of game play before the computer shuts off.

Currently, the latest release I can run without issues is v0.1.7 (I don't have v0.1.8) but it seems this issue starts at v0.1.9 and any release after that point. So perhaps there's something to say within that, I'm not sure.

I would love any help someone can provide as I would love to start supporting Fek for this project, but if I can't get this to run longer than 15 minutes, I don't see a point.

UPDATE (Dec-26 10PM EST): Doing more tests, seems more clear that it is not a graphics issue as the overheating still occurs on the loading screen (where it asks you click any button to continue). Let it sit there, nothing else running other than a task manager window to monitor RAM and CPU; 15 minutes goes by and computer shuts off due to overheating. So I'm thinking it might be something in the main coding that's causing this? I'm not sure. I did manage to run v0.1.7 for 6 hours with no issues today, but tried v0.1.9 and no luck.

UPDATE (Dec-27 8PM EST): Attempted v0.2.3 by moving main exe w/ folder and unity.dll to desktop (instead of in a folder on the desktop). Computer operated on the edge of wanting to shut off, but lasted over an hour of continued play and shut down the game normally. Boot it back up a few hours later, and its back to only running for 5-10 minute periods. Nothing changed that I know of between the two time frames, and frustrations are continuing to mount. Observation however, seems that the more UID objects created, the quicker my computer wants to shut off, so I'm almost back to thinking it's a hardware issue... almost.

UPDATE (Dec-30 8PM EST): Downloaded a temperature monitor to see where my heating issue was coming from. And with that, I have been switching between v0.1.7 and v0.1.9 to find any differences between the two that would cause the overheating. So, first and foremost, the heating was not coming from my CPU, but rather from my GPU. Also have noticed that the GPU loading between v0.1.7 (~20% loading) and v0.1.9 (~20-40% loading) was greater but not as much as I was expecting, however the temp difference was very large, obviously. v0.1.7 operates normally around 56*C and v0.1.9 upwards to 75-80*C before shutting down at sustained temps of 85*C after ~15 min of use. So a few things jumped out about the build differences between the two, and the most notable dealt with the graphics settings (obviously). But more specifically, a settings called "IK Quality." No idea what it is, but I played with all the graphic settings, turned everything down/off and that helped a little. Turned on a few things, no change, until I get to the IK Quality setting. Turn that up just a little and so far, it seems to be the culprit. Have loaded v0.2.3 with the IK Quality set to min and so far things have been looking promising. Monitoring the temps for that show my GPU holding around 75*C. Still higher than v0.1.7 but it seems to not go above the 80*C threshold, which is good. However, in having this setting turned down, I believe it deals with the character motion/animation interactions as the sex interaction is rather glitchy/jumpy causing bad experiences from test subjects. I will continue to monitor this activity and hope there might be something better involved. But for now, I'm confident to say that the IK Quality is the reason for my misfortune.

UPDATE (Jan-2 1PM EST): Been running v0.2.3 the past couple of days for several hours at a time. Temps are still slowly increasing to dangerous levels but have yet to reach an actual shutdown. Still not great, but at least I can say for sure that the issue has been patched on my end for now. And if anyone is wondering my hardware specs:
-CPU: Intel i7 3610Q 2.3 GHz (8 Core)
-RAM: 8GB
-GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB

Last edited:

Husky657

Dec 26, 2017
how does one access the appdata? I've been trying to follow the instructions posted, but im still confused, can someone give me a detailed rundown on what to do?
So, it would be helpful to know what OS you're running.
With that said, if it's Win 7, I can tell you that I've enabled to view hidden folders, makes things really easy.
Anyway, to view hidden folders:
(This is if you have your control panel view set-up to view by Category)
Start Menu>Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Folder Options>View Tab>Select bubble "Show hidden files, folders and drivers">Select Apply button and close window.

(This is if you have your control panel view set-up to view by Icons)
Start Menu>Control Panel>Folder Options>View Tab>Select bubble "Show hidden files, folders and drivers">Select Apply button and close window.

Now that those are visible:
Open your compter>Select C: Drive>Users>[your user name]>AppData

There you go! Hope that helps.

Rob0617

Dec 26, 2017
So, it would be helpful to know what OS you're running.
With that said, if it's Win 7, I can tell you that I've enabled to view hidden folders, makes things really easy.
Anyway, to view hidden folders:
(This is if you have your control panel view set-up to view by Category)
Start Menu>Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Folder Options>View Tab>Select bubble "Show hidden files, folders and drivers">Select Apply button and close window.

(This is if you have your control panel view set-up to view by Icons)
Start Menu>Control Panel>Folder Options>View Tab>Select bubble "Show hidden files, folders and drivers">Select Apply button and close window.

Now that those are visible:
Open your compter>Select C: Drive>Users>[your user name]>AppData

There you go! Hope that helps.
I have Windows 10, but it stills works the same way and im now seeing all the hidden files, thank you so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husky657

Altzk

Sep 15, 2017
Not really in to furries but this game is great! I really hope this will continue and live up to the promise

Reactions: Monko

Shenz

Reach out for the Truth
Donor
Jul 16, 2017
Hey Guys,

We got in contact with Fek and he is working on fixes for the recent issues

Shen

Crystal Light

Dec 27, 2017
didnt expected that, but this game is pretty awesome :O
i see more work in this game than in alots of others games , sound very promising, will keep an eye on it, i m not fan or furry stuff, but this is very nice, the story look pretty well find and the concept is cool.. all dat synthetic possibility options, the characters customization is very high ..
one of the best game on unity i have play for now
Ikr Fek is alone developer like Scott Cawthon from Fnaf, and the Eta time of finishing the game is about 2 years maybe, but yeah it have one of of the best mechanics and structures I ever seen in a game, better than The Joy of Creation :3

Husky657

Dec 26, 2017
Ah, so that's what the "~" key is for. I was thinking it was the framework for a multiplayer chat.

CrazyChris83

Sep 23, 2017
i saw that there is an impregnation fetish avalible in the settings, i hope when the time comes you can see the pregnancy stages and maybe send your kids to a school since you are a scientist, and later make your kids your new testsubjects^^

sky potato

Dec 22, 2017
i actually seem to have a giltch where nothing shows up on the main screen other then the front screen background,no iconics,no nothing

witcher123

Jun 19, 2017
Ok yeah this is odd I just tried it and i got the same result... As long as a SINGLE report has been put in and all the information we can give in posted there we will be able to see about having Fek get a Solution out sooner

I wonder if when he found the fix for the MAC version it broke the Windows Versions. Since originall Mac and Linux has so much issue running while Windows worked fine

Sorry I can't be of much more help then this :(

~S
Don't bet on it, the Mac version is still borked too. I've tried downloading it for ages now but no dice. Anywhere I can file a complaint or something? Every version I've tried crashes, even the Windows 32 that I roughly port. And that usually works.

Husky657

Dec 26, 2017
Stuck on one weird screen. View attachment 54323
This is caused by the user file in the saved data folder being jacked up. If you've made changes to it, best to revert those changes or see if you're missing any closing tags or "<" ">". Otherwise, you next option is to delete the user file and let the game populate a new one (if it does.) If that doesn't work, then copy your character file in the character's folder and save it somewhere for a moment, delete the whole "Fek" Folder and let the game repopulate all of that, then reintroduce your character file into the character folder, import and start fresh from there.

RedWolf07

Dec 17, 2017
Hey folks, I'm stuck at a roadblock and hoping someone here is able to help...

I'm able to run the game and do small mods here and there, but I cannot run the game for longer than 15 mins before my computer overheats and shuts off. Never had this issue with any fully developed game running max graphics. So I've monitored RAM and CPU like a hawk, and while the RAM does very slowly increase, it never gets close to 75% max and CPU never over 30%. I've scoured this thread for any info, and while I believe the mention of a memory leak could be the issue, I cannot understand the "fix" that was explained.

And yes, I have cooling pads and have even gone overboard with large desktop fans, and while it does help, it only adds about 2 more minutes of game play before the computer shuts off.

Currently, the latest release I can run without issues is v0.1.7 (I don't have v0.1.8) but it seems this issue starts at v0.1.9 and any release after that point. So perhaps there's something to say within that, I'm not sure.

I would love any help someone can provide as I would love to start supporting Fek for this project, but if I can't get this to run longer than 15 minutes, I don't see a point.

UPDATE (Dec-26 10PM EST): Doing more tests, seems more clear that it is not a graphics issue as the overheating still occurs on the loading screen (where it asks you click any button to continue). Let it sit there, nothing else running other than a task manager window to monitor RAM and CPU; 15 minutes goes by and computer shuts off due to overheating. So I'm thinking it might be something in the main coding that's causing this? I'm not sure. I did manage to run v0.1.7 for 6 hours with no issues today, but tried v0.1.9 and no luck.

UPDATE (Dec-27 8PM EST): Attempted v0.2.3 by moving main exe w/ folder and unity.dll to desktop (instead of in a folder on the desktop). Computer operated on the edge of wanting to shut off, but lasted over an hour of continued play and shut down the game normally. Boot it back up a few hours later, and its back to only running for 5-10 minute periods. Nothing changed that I know of between the two time frames, and frustrations are continuing to mount. Observation however, seems that the more UID objects created, the quicker my computer wants to shut off, so I'm almost back to thinking it's a hardware issue... almost.

UPDATE (Dec-30 8PM EST): Downloaded a temperature monitor to see where my heating issue was coming from. And with that, I have been switching between v0.1.7 and v0.1.9 to find any differences between the two that would cause the overheating. So, first and foremost, the heating was not coming from my CPU, but rather from my GPU. Also have noticed that the GPU loading between v0.1.7 (~20% loading) and v0.1.9 (~20-40% loading) was greater but not as much as I was expecting, however the temp difference was very large, obviously. v0.1.7 operates normally around 56*C and v0.1.9 upwards to 75-80*C before shutting down at sustained temps of 85*C after ~15 min of use. So a few things jumped out about the build differences between the two, and the most notable dealt with the graphics settings (obviously). But more specifically, a settings called "IK Quality." No idea what it is, but I played with all the graphic settings, turned everything down/off and that helped a little. Turned on a few things, no change, until I get to the IK Quality setting. Turn that up just a little and so far, it seems to be the culprit. Have loaded v0.2.3 with the IK Quality set to min and so far things have been looking promising. Monitoring the temps for that show my GPU holding around 75*C. Still higher than v0.1.7 but it seems to not go above the 80*C threshold, which is good. However, in having this setting turned down, I believe it deals with the character motion/animation interactions as the sex interaction is rather glitchy/jumpy causing bad experiences from test subjects. I will continue to monitor this activity and hope there might be something better involved. But for now, I'm confident to say that the IK Quality is the reason for my misfortune.

UPDATE (Jan-2 1PM EST): Been running v0.2.3 the past couple of days for several hours at a time. Temps are still slowly increasing to dangerous levels but have yet to reach an actual shutdown. Still not great, but at least I can say for sure that the issue has been patched on my end for now. And if anyone is wondering my hardware specs:
-CPU: Intel i7 3610Q 2.3 GHz (8 Core)
-RAM: 8GB
-GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB
Hey man, you might be experiencing something similar to a problem I had recently. So I tried to run the game, but it crashed on startup... I looked at my RAM and CPU temp, and things seemed average. However, I kept running into some issues outside of the game such as it not shutting down, not being able to run any games without it slowing down. But I kept checking CPU temp, RAM usage, still at about the average. I opened up my PC, started checking my parts and ensuring they were in properly. Then I noticed my motherboard's heat sink was burning hot... Still had no idea. Then I went for a windows startup repair and it was here that I found my problem... I/O disk errors... CD errors or HDD and SDD failures. My friend bought me a new hard drive for Christmas and sure enough that fixed everything.

3.00 star(s) 26 Votes