crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Quite ironic that the more money adult games make the longer they take to develop. Sad times.
To be fair, people continue to treat Patreon as a method of funding a project like indie game development when it's not. It's no more the fault of the dev in this matter than it is people's perception of what exactly it is that they are buying into.

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
Fek needs to go back and refactor his code starting from the beginning. These bugs are a result of a code base that is bloated and need to be rewritten. He also needs to rethink the camera system and user interface.

Kestrel1994

Aug 4, 2018
To be fair, people continue to treat Patreon as a method of funding a project like indie game development when it's not. It's no more the fault of the dev in this matter than it is people's perception of what exactly it is that they are buying into.
The fault lies on everyone involved - Patreon, Developers and people opting into that:

* Patreon has no guidelines\deadlines for Developers seeking help, as well as accurate explanations for people on to what to expect when they consider donating money on the project.

* Developers abusing the said system thanks to loose Patreon rules and people being naive and foolish

* People being naive and foolish unwillingly stagnating the development by supporting developers that won't work unless they run out of money.

Reactions: Majordeathwish
Sep 1, 2019
I think we should give Fek the benefit of the doubt. His track record when making games is equal to a spotless criminal record. He is incredibly transparent about what he is doing at all times, and he also has an incredibly detailed roadmap for the game development. I think he truly cares about this project, and when it is complete we will all have another incredible game to play when we want to jerk it.

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
You all forget one thing, Fek literally said several times that Rack 2 is his personal project. He doesn't need funding but appreciates all support. People just love his games and are willing to give their support. I'm 99.9% sure that if he loses all patreon support, speed of R2 updates won't change. And to be perfectly honest, Rack 2, MGI and HnS are like three projects that are worth supporting even if development is excruciatingly slow, imo.

leellleeell

Jul 4, 2017
I think we should give Fek the benefit of the doubt. His track record when making games is equal to a spotless criminal record. He is incredibly transparent about what he is doing at all times, and he also has an incredibly detailed roadmap for the game development. I think he truly cares about this project, and when it is complete we will all have another incredible game to play when we want to jerk it.
I understand peoples frustration with fek, hopefully he's working towards fixing his processes. 0.2.12 took 6 months to come out which under normal game in alpha circumstances would be fine, however, fek gave no progress updates, didn't update trello and didn't tell anyone what was being worked on for most of that time. It led to people thinking nothing was being worked on (which I do believe there was a large amount of time where Rack 2 wasn't being touched). 0.2.12 comes out and honestly its a small update, game performance didn't change, the physics engine change arguably made everything worse and only 1 feature was added (which I don't care much about features at this stage I more want the game to be more functional). Not to mention the major bugs with pleasure self, a main feature in the game, for like 6 updates now. Fek also said this was a major bug that came with this update "embellishments on freshly-generated characters (white)", this has been a bug since like 0.2.8 I think but its definitely been a bug for a while. This makes me believe Fek isn't listening to people or playtesting enough. And finally the major bugs that actually did come with 0.2.12 that I have no idea if they are going to be fixed cause I'm not sure fek even knows about them, mainly the fact that random rack net characters as test subjects softlock the game (could even be characters from 0.2.12 some will still lock the game).

You all forget one thing, Fek literally said several times that Rack 2 is his personal project. He doesn't need funding but appreciates all support. People just love his games and are willing to give their support. I'm 99.9% sure that if he loses all patreon support, speed of R2 updates won't change. And to be perfectly honest, Rack 2, MGI and HnS are like three projects that are worth supporting even if development is excruciatingly slow, imo.
Fek should not treat this project as a personal project, as of now feks main income is patreon (aka he does need funding) and a lot of his patreons are supporting because of rack 2. A lot of philosophies fek has towards the game are what is making people upset. He's either treating rack 2 as a side gig or he's so bad at communicating whats being done with the game. All I ask is more transparency from fek and a way to report major bugs and for those bugs to be fixed (his bug report site got flooded with spam and to be honest idk if he was paying too much attention to it past 2017).

Reactions: Kestrel1994

Motor3Fase

Sep 6, 2017
I just started the game and the objetive say "Enter the research hologram" but when i do enter there it is empty, what do i need to do?, another thing, when the game say "pleasure yourself" and i press and hold the button the mc and the subject start to elevate until the leave the skybox, idk why.

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
Fek should not treat this project as a personal project
That's for him to decide, but I hope he won't change his approach, that is how passion projects turn into Cloud Meadow and Breeders of Nephelym.

I understand that "I know what dev should do with their life!" is a popular pastime here, heck it's fun to indulge in it sometimes, but nah, I'm fine with all this salt I get from bugs and glitches. Game grows in an interesting direction, that's enough for me.

And at this point fixing bugs outside of critical, is a waste of time, game is barely finalized alpha. And he does fix critical ones. Patreon and FA are his main platforms for bug reports.

• Angry
Reactions: Kestrel1994

A.H.

Jul 8, 2017
given how much money they're getting and the time between updates, he's just as lazy as YanDev. I guess once the money started rolling in he's been half-assing it.
his 2,500$ goal proves it that he just wants the money and doesn't care about the game
" Ditch the dayjob and live the dream. "

• Angry
Reactions: atur

Kestrel1994

Aug 4, 2018
all those idiots throwing money at him and thanking him for another fucked up "update", which makes everything even worse, should get furry dickslapped till eternity and beyond

View attachment 781895
Yeah, in all honesty - fuck that guy.
Last hope for his project to become something more than a lazy moneygrab got thrown out the window with that "I still get paid for that month" phrase. People should stop defending his fuckups with behaviour like this.

I guess we won't see that 0.2.12 fix in the nearest future, not even talking about 0.2.13
Those ciggies ain't gonna pay for themselves.

leellleeell

Jul 4, 2017
That's for him to decide, but I hope he won't change his approach, that is how passion projects turn into Cloud Meadow and Breeders of Nephelym.

I understand that "I know what dev should do with their life!" is a popular pastime here, heck it's fun to indulge in it sometimes, but nah, I'm fine with all this salt I get from bugs and glitches. Game grows in an interesting direction, that's enough for me.

And at this point fixing bugs outside of critical, is a waste of time, game is barely finalized alpha. And he does fix critical ones. Patreon and FA are his main platforms for bug reports.
I've been following the game since 2017 I'll tell you this right now, if his approach isn't changed we aren't going to see progress in a long time. That being said not much has to change to his approach (other people in this thread think differently but I don't think Fek needs to fix much) he just needs to be more transparent, either do more testing or listen to people more to make sure each new update doesn't introduce more critical bugs and dedicate more time to rack.

And your comment about fixing bugs outside of critical is hilarious since 0.2.12 only really fixed non critical bugs, the critical bugs in the game still exist for tons of updates now (Pleasure self in shower softlocking the game, pleasure self on subject can lead to a softlock, white embellishments on characters (fek listed this as a major bug) still a thing for a ton of updates now)

Reactions: atur
3.00 star(s) 26 Votes