Skode

Mar 9, 2020
They definitely should. Or at least divide time commensurate with the compensation received per game.
Their other games get more support than most other games on the site - its would be a insult to those well developed games to drop focus on them to focus on the collaboration title. If your talking compensation then the other 2 total 4k vs the 6k this one gets but they also have much cheaper backer options so you could argue they have more support with that in mind.

I say let them make what they wanna make whenever they wanna make it so long as they are transparent on what they are doing on any given time ie what game they are currently working on, truthfully i think they are good at communication anyway. Either that or alternative is they listen to the entitled complaints that they drop the ESTABLISHED games they have been making for a brand new one just because whiners prefer that one. Do you have any idea how much heat devs have gotten over the years for focusing on newer projects over older established ones and yet we now have people openly encouraging the practice.

MILFY City gets no end of the heat for declaring hes fed up of the game, wants to wrap it up and start a new games as hes getting writers block on the it and is fed up of the same characters. I think these guys seem happier being creative across different games and styles vs forced to do something just because its a good earner (though thats a different matter than demands here anyway... a pirate site should not dictate what is the best way to meet 'compensation' levels lol). There is also the argument this dev team is much bigger vs private projects so 'compensation' is split between more staff and so lesser financially rewarding despite better income of support but by all means they should lose their biggest earners on a independent level just to sate demand for a more popular effort (again on a piracy site no less).

The real issue here is how the fuck this game has blown up to this level in a single update? Im not questioning the top tier quality of the art nor the writing - its not hard to see why its the new darling of fappers but they're treating it like Game of Thrones and George R R Martins notorious long writing times not what was literally a prologue and little else so far. But like Game of Thrones scenario i would never be one of those demanding he hurry the fuck up just because i enjoy the content as i prefer the content he intends to write vs whatever he can push out quicker just because you know thats how he makes an onscene amount of money as they are HIS books and his vision not ours.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
People will complain about everything on this forum, and to be fair there are some devs that in my opinion deserve the hate they get( I'm looking at you ICSTOR) but for the most part, at least the games that I follow, the devs deliver on their promises. People need to calm down, these things take time and rushing the devs never helps

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
All this would result in them being labelled as developers that never finish what they start and only interested in the money.
Please think before you type.
I think Donettes is aware of that, just explaining what some other people here are apparently thinking.

Reactions: Squark ⚧❤️

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
All this would result in them being labelled as developers that never finish what they start and only interested in the money.
Please think before you type.
Hey that's not my opinion :ROFLMAO: but the opinion of people like the first comment on this page (+many others that days/weeks ago have been saying the same thing). I was just explaining to Alorth the way these people think. Maybe I didn't express myself well, sorry. Funny thing is that the people who around here subtly allude to Dammed and Alorth being milkers and scammers, are the same ones who then recommend them to focus on the game that gives them more money and give up on the solo projects. #hypocrisy

I think Donettes is aware of that, just explaining what some other people here are apparently thinking.
Yeah exactly

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Alorth , you said in part on that Patreon post (bold emphasis is mine):

"This means I won't have my hands anymore on Alexandra, Intimate Relations and Haley's
Story......... I'm pretty sure my work on those games can be replaced without much of a problem."

While I can't speak for others, I can say "Don't sell yourself short". I love both Alexandra and Haley's Story, and your contribution to both of them was notable (in my opinion); you'll definitely be missed and not easily replaced.

Best of luck to you going forward, and I can't wait to see the next installment of Radiant!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

"This means I won't have my hands anymore on Alexandra, Intimate Relations and Haley's
Story......... I'm pretty sure my work on those games can be replaced without much of a problem."

While I can't speak for others, I can say "Don't sell yourself short". I love both Alexandra and Haley's Story, and your contribution to both of them was notable (in my opinion); you'll definitely be missed and not easily replaced.

Best of luck to you going forward, and I can't wait to see the next installment of Radiant!
I'm going to second this... Alexandra and Haley's Story are where they are because of the contributions of everyone who worked on them. I look forward to following them both but Alorth is not an easy to replace talent.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I never sell myself too short, but on those games I made simple animations, wich "animators" can do. But of course there aren't that many animators available.

And thank you ;)
I'm going to second this...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah I can agree with that, but it has also to do with management.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
When can we see the new update?
They haven't announced an official release date yet, but do see the latest dev update:

Devlog #2 - Final Progress Report, Patreon Content, & More!

Hello guys & welcome to our new patrons!

I hope all of you are well & staying safe during all the chaos of COVID. As can be referenced by the title of this post, I wanted to drop a final, sort of "unofficial" progress update regarding the upcoming chapter, discuss exclusive Patreon content, and go over a few other things before the launch of Chapter 2.

I'll get the important part out of the way first: we are 90% of the way done with the chapter and progressing far more rapidly than we were at the start. We think you'll love it/feel that it was worth the wait. Somehow Alorth's render and overall visual quality has improved even more... so Chapter Two is far more beautiful than the first (and the girls are looking as gorgeous as ever).

In addition to this, I've provided a pretty large range of choices in this chapter, as I want players to shape the player-character early-on and mold him to fit their playstyle. Now... that's not to say that he doesn't have some autonomy, as I'd much rather write a character who has feelings and whims than an empty shell, but I think I've found a healthy/perfect balance between player control and character depth. Players can be excited to fill his shoes & get to know him as the story progresses.

I also want to give a quick update regarding Patreon: I've been pretty silent here/not dropping that much exclusive content... but that's fairly normal in the final stages of development, as I try to keep my focus on bringing you the game rather than fluff and extras. With all of that said, I plan to fully make this up to you guys after Chapter 2's launch day. Not only will you get the chapter in early-access here on Patreon, but once you've played it you'll have a series of polls, game music, character profiles, extra renders, and more exclusive, patron only content that you won't be able to get anywhere else.

Thank you all for being patient. Your patience and support means longer, better updates and the continued development of games like Radiant, Polarity, Neko Paradise, etc. We can't express enough how grateful we are for everyone who is supporting our endeavors, so we'll try to let the games speak for themselves. This new chapter is more than an hour long, and it's amazing! I can't wait for everyone to play it.

The next post you'll see from us here is the big one, so... see you guys soon!

Sincerely,

MrHodor

Dec 1, 2019
Any ETA for the update? I saw the post saying Ch. 2 is 90% done but I would like to know how long you guys think it'll be till it's released.

Oh and if you guys can recommend some games similar to this (good story, visuals) it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I feel we have very different definitions of what's considered "quality". :rolleyes:
Indeed. From the initial release we can definitely expect several kinds of quality:
  • We can expect the playing time to be substantial in comparison to the releases of other games.
  • We already know the renders will be fantastic.
  • Plus one of the things that got me hooked on this game was the story itself so I am looking forward to its continuation.
  • The initial release did not have that many sex scenes so I expect there to be a bit more in that regard.
  • Also, the development team seems to be intent on play-testing to ensure the game is as bug-free as can be.
I, for one, am patiently waiting for the update...unlike so many other people in this thread I have become so desensitized to. From the constant whining, harping, accusations, update requests and whatever, that its like I start to see it and my eyes gloss over I don't even notice it anymore. But that's ok. It's just jealousy. I understand. Not to mention it makes this thread so popular. I mean over 3000 messages for a game that has only had its first release? Keep going people. I love it. Plus I found out that selective hearing also applies to written text as well.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Indeed. From the initial release we can definitely expect several kinds of quality:
  • We can expect the playing time to be substantial in comparison to the releases of other games.
  • We already know the renders will be fantastic.
  • Plus one of the things that got me hooked on this game was the story itself so I am looking forward to its continuation.
  • The initial release did not have that many sex scenes so I expect there to be a bit more in that regard.
  • Also, the development team seems to be intent on play-testing to ensure the game is as bug-free as can be.
I, for one, am patiently waiting for the update...unlike so many other people in this thread I have become so desensitized to. From the constant whining, harping, accusations, update requests and whatever, that its like I start to see it and my eyes gloss over I don't even notice it anymore. But that's ok. It's just jealousy. I understand. Not to mention it makes this thread so popular. I mean over 3000 messages for a game that has only had its first release? Keep going people. I love it. Plus I found out that selective hearing also applies to written text as well.
I agree the ones whining about valid criticism grow tiresome. They must be jealous or something.

In reality from one initial release and a nearly 5 month wait we don't know anything about what to expect. I am excited to see the spin if the update doesn't match all the justifications for why it took so long. If and when it's released.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes