jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
This is the way a lot of Devs are going: if you don't know the date, don't set one (because you are likely to miss it and cause more problems).
Yeah if you got a whole staff of people and can be pretty sure about your output then maybe set a timeline, but the majority of these devs are either alone or in very small teams so tiny mishaps make it easy to miss dates and then flames and hatred for 100 pages......
Vague is fine by me and I even throw coins to some devs every month so I am OK with paying for vague

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
A number of their Patreons asked them to stop worrying about a specific ETA, especially given the impact COVID and the various lock downs have wherever they live. Many developers have also had trouble getting quick replacements for gear that dies or for upgrades (like the 3090). I'm sure that F95 can provide many other VN updates while the next rev of Radiant is being worked on.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
This is the way a lot of Devs are going: if you don't know the date, don't set one (because you are likely to miss it and cause more problems).
That wasn't my point. I have 2 points, first is the statement in general is very arrogant. I hate those words "it's done when it's done". You can use that statement in mcdonalds or when your mom is making you dinner maybe but not for a project like this.
Secon point is I don't demand an exact date, but some vague information would be nice. Look at Luxee or Kompas, they don't deliver an exact date, just esitmated date, but they deliviver information on the progress, which tasks are done, how far into tasks, how many tasks left etc. That is all we need to know, just some transparancy.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
That wasn't my point. I have 2 points, first is the statement in general is very arrogant. I hate those words "it's done when it's done". You can use that statement in mcdonalds or when your mom is making you dinner maybe but not for a project like this.
Secon point is I don't demand an exact date, but some vague information would be nice. Look at Luxee or Kompas, they don't deliver an exact date, just esitmated date, but they deliviver information on the progress, which tasks are done, how far into tasks, how many tasks left etc. That is all we need to know, just some transparancy.
In IT, you can reasonably predict what you will deliver or when you will deliver, but not so often what+when you expect to deliver. Exceptions exist, but anyone who thinks otherwise is taking chances. Given how software development of new releases tends to work, unless your development cycles and delivery pipeline are highly mature and predictable, it's not at all "arrogant" of the Radiant Devs to say it will be done when it's done.

In that regard, people can support Radiant based on a combination of communications with the Devs, expectations from those communications, desire to support something larger than themselves and/or specifically for their entertainment value, etc. Given the track record of these Devs, it's not arrogant of them to be shy about predicting a date for when their desired next installment of content will be ready. If anything, it's an acknowledgement that they are not fast or predictable, for various reasons already discussed. Still, if you don't like their approach, it's easy enough to not support them.

You can't compare Devs that work differently than this team, especially if the current ones don't see the need to change their project management style. We can make predictions, but since nobody knows what content is going to be included in the next installment, forecasting the timeframe until they get closer to the end will be difficult (again, per history). Further, they did offer a general->more specific timeframe for the most recent deliverable as it got closer, so I see no reason to think it won't be a similar approach for the next one.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
It is indeed. I can see where things may build into quite a drama filled journey especially with that damn cop.
I apologize for getting this post mixed up with another one so yea my thoughts on the cop who's a shrimp dick.

The cop is a douche he has a major issue he did say it was a family members house prior to MC moving in but for him to be a douche and go out of his way to harass him like that was uncalled for I would have reported his ass personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantom of Nerima

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I feel like that cop shoulda been honest from the start conflict of interest and what not but w/e I'm just pissed she was more focused on her brother not getting hurt than to pay attention to the whole picture.

I get his mental health state is shot to shit but yea we will see it doesn't mean hes dead but if he hit mc in critical spot then that's going to be interesting to see how it goes.

I've seen some fucked up shit with knife wounds before some not too bad and some that leaves you wondering how the person is still standing or talking.
Wrong game

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I feel like that cop shoulda been honest from the start conflict of interest and what not but w/e I'm just pissed she was more focused on her brother not getting hurt than to pay attention to the whole picture.

I get his mental health state is shot to shit but yea we will see it doesn't mean hes dead but if he hit mc in critical spot then that's going to be interesting to see how it goes.

I've seen some fucked up shit with knife wounds before some not too bad and some that leaves you wondering how the person is still standing or talking.
Not really, Glenn's just a whiny shit. He can't handle that his grandfather's house was placed on the market and was sold. So now he's using any means necessary to make sure the house is his, even though he no legal ties to it anymore. Even the creeper photos he has of the MC kissing Olivia are not permissible evidence of any kind. He's already shot his case in the foot. This is just a "You have my house, I'll ruin your life" scenario. Nothing more, nothing less. He's such a man-child.
He also had no legal requirement/order to even investigate the house or what goes on inside. There's so much wrong with this character I find the drama aspect he's bringing impossible to believe in any way, shape or form.
I feel that RK Studios implemented him without thinking that people with the least amount of legal knowledge would be able to find the flaws in his logic.
Take for example the game as it is without the Incest/Taboo patch installed.
They're 18 and unrelated to the main character. They're LEGAL. What the fuck is his angle?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Not really, Glenn's just a whiny shit. He can't handle that his grandfather's house was placed on the market and was sold. So now he's using any means necessary to make sure the house is his, even though he no legal ties to it anymore. Even the creeper photos he has of the MC kissing Olivia are not permissible evidence of any kind. He's already shot his case in the foot. This is just a "You have my house, I'll ruin your life" scenario. Nothing more, nothing less. He's such a man-child.
He also had no legal requirement/order to even investigate the house or what goes on inside. There's so much wrong with this character I find the drama aspect he's bringing impossible to believe in any way, shape or form.
I feel that RK Studios implemented him without thinking that people with the least amount of legal knowledge would be able to find the flaws in his logic.
Take for example the game as it is without the Incest/Taboo patch installed.
They're 18 and unrelated to the main character. They're LEGAL. What the fuck is his angle?
Like another dev I shall not mention, don't ever dare question the Shakesperian level of talent they have. Beyond reproach...all perfectly logical and sound writing without faults.

The majority of VN readers/players must have very, very low expectations, or given the bulk of the 'competition'...can see why they think this is literary genius.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes