Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I very much like this game so far and have had 4 play throughs. I downloaded this game in Pre-Dec. release and then again in Dec. I understand by reading the posts that the Dev's all have their own games but still, this game has huge potential and I wish they would updates at least every 2 months. I am starting to dislike it simply due to the Dev's lack of interest in updates and game progression.
It's not due to a lack of interest. It's that all their other projects get in the way.
If they were to release an update every two months even so, they'd be ten minutes' worth.
Are you willing to wait two months for TEN MINUTES and maybe TWO-THREE renders?
I highly doubt you are. You'd just complain even more loudly.

All I want is for them to not waste so much time on Vanessa and focus more on the triplets that GRACIE WANTED THE MC TO LOOK AFTER. Brooke is fine, the tsundere knifu waifu is okay, but the game is about the trips, if I'm right.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I very much like this game so far and have had 4 play throughs. I downloaded this game in Pre-Dec. release and then again in Dec. I understand by reading the posts that the Dev's all have their own games but still, this game has huge potential and I wish they would updates at least every 2 months. I am starting to dislike it simply due to the Dev's lack of interest in updates and game progression.
How many games do you think update every 2 months? I mean sure I wish they had that ability but it is just not feasible for small indie teams I hope you know this.

If not, please learn something about rendering (and all that goes into setting the scene prior) with Gen8 DAZ.

ggregger33

Mar 19, 2021
I realize 2 months was a stretch but at the rate they are going seems very slow. I know they have their own things but I am sure they would get a ton more support for the game if they lay out a timeline and stuck to it.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I realize 2 months was a stretch but at the rate they are going seems very slow. I know they have their own things but I am sure they would get a ton more support for the game if they lay out a timeline and stuck to it.
I really enjoy Radiant and I think this VN has great potential, but we don't have a deadline for the next update and for good reason.

The last time they put out a deadline - it slipped due to things beyond their control (COVID and life can impact the timelines of every one of us).

You'd be surprised how 'understanding' some of the visitors to this page were (for some, you will see their facepalms as their commentary on almost any post that does not slam the developers).

Alorth and Sir D owe those who support them (Patreons, Subscribestar etc), not anyone who comes here to take the VN for free.

I'm one of a number of people who asked them to spend more time working on Radiant, less time trying to address trolls on F95 and other pirate sites and to not bother with a deadline.

I'm sure you'd be shocked to find that many of the same F95 visitors who were critical of them for missing deadlines for the last Radiant rev are now critical of them for not giving them a deadline.

The two creators are involved in at least 4 other projects and, while I don't support those projects (as a Patreon), I Do support them keeping their commitments to other Patreons and other creators. After all - if they did not do that, why would any paying supporter think that they would treat Radiant differently.

So - patience is in order (and it's not like we can't find something else to enjoy on F95, right?).

I'm getting ready to enjoy several other VNs I've found here on F95. If I find one that I enjoy enough to continue with, I'll support the creators since we all know that computer hardware and VN assets for example are not free and I don't expect to get something for nothing. That 'free lunch' some are always looking for - someone else is Always paying for it.

If you find a VN you enjoy enough to continue playing, please consider supporting them via Patreon/Subscribestar or their desired support portal - after all good creators should be rewarded. We loose too many VNs with good/great potential due to a lack of $ support.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I'm sure you'd be shocked to find that many of the same F95 visitors who were critical of them for missing deadlines for the last Radiant rev are now critical of them for not giving them a deadline.
"Shocked" doesn't even begin to describe it.

I am just making random assumptions here but:

If there is a deadline and it is kept, the same people will claim there's not enough content.

If there is indeed many hours of new content, there's not enough sexy time for them.

In case it is all a giant fuckfest they'll point out that there's too much for Anna and Beatrix didn't get enough.

If everybody was served, the writing will be sloppy, the devs should just take more time to do it properly.

(go to step 1)

ggregger33

Mar 19, 2021
I really enjoy Radiant and I think this VN has great potential, but we don't have a deadline for the next update and for good reason.

The last time they put out a deadline - it slipped due to things beyond their control (COVID and life can impact the timelines of every one of us).

You'd be surprised how 'understanding' some of the visitors to this page were (for some, you will see their facepalms as their commentary on almost any post that does not slam the developers).

Alorth and Sir D owe those who support them (Patreons, Subscribestar etc), not anyone who comes here to take the VN for free.
I apologize if I come across like a troll but I am not. I also supported the game on Patreon (original download) for months while waiting for the Dec. update to come. I stopped supporting it in March when I felt there was no progress being made. I will always support makers of games I enjoy. I have been supporting the maker of Being A Dik for 8 months now after I found it online. I have only been on F95 for a short time. I understand if deadlines get pushed back and things happen. I was just wishing things would progress faster that is all. When a new update comes out I will be downloading it from their Patreon not F95 to show my support.

Duke Leo

Jun 10, 2019
I apologize if I come across like a troll but I am not. I also supported the game on Patreon (original download) for months while waiting for the Dec. update to come. I stopped supporting it in March when I felt there was no progress being made. I will always support makers of games I enjoy. I have been supporting the maker of Being A Dik for 8 months now after I found it online. I have only been on F95 for a short time. I understand if deadlines get pushed back and things happen. I was just wishing things would progress faster that is all. When a new update comes out I will be downloading it from their Patreon not F95 to show my support.
Welcome! I think you have the right idea about support. Give to the games you love, and pull out if you think things aren't going the right direction. I've done this many times, especially with slow development games. Best of luck on your journey through F95, there are a ton of great projects on here!

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I, for one, do not think you should feel bad about dropping support. That's the deal with Patrons/Subs is you make the choice depending on what you are getting or wanting out of the arrangement. Some can support until the creativity yields results even when it takes time but some of us (like me) cannot afford to do so.

Plus if you do like the game and still want to play it this site allows you to do so. We all want faster updates as an ephemeral wish, but after many years on this site you come to realize it quite often takes time. Some devs got bigger, more people, more hardware and put out more regular updates (MrDots is one I like) but they are but a handful.

Otherwise welcome to naughty pirate land

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Thanks for supporting VNs you like and making the call on when to pull your support.

You are far from a troll since you clearly lay out what you are looking for and why you support/choose to discontinue support of any creator.

The bridge trolls I refer to are the facepalmers who, in many cases, even hide their profiles, often adding nothing in the way of constructive comments/feedback.

I wish Radiant was receiving more frequent, quality, updates but I understand and support the creators need to keep their commitments to other projects.

Right now, I think it is a case of too much bread and not enough peanut butter (my simple analogy for being spread too thinly).

Perhaps they will be wrapping up some of the other support so that Radiant can get a greater focus - I hope so but I'm not a Patreon of the other projects so I have no way to gauge what else is happening.

For me, Radiant had such a Great beginning that I really want to see how this story plays out, and I'm willing to wait and see what Sir D and Alorth come up with for us.

Reactions: Duke Leo

ironbeazt

Feb 17, 2019
I always see people ranting about how slow this games update and I understand them, but I dont complain because I played this game for free and I have other things to do with my life. And honestly if Im the dev of a game that earns 7k usd monthly and doesnt have have a deadline for updates why would I rush? I get $7k monthly anyway...

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
More than 7k monthly actually, since it's just the patreon page for this game they have other ones. I still don't understand what is so good with this game to deserve such leniency (regarding the schedule), but I'm still glad to play it for free. A nice game.
I'm also admirative the creators managed to create such an amazing cash cow. Really, it's not a sarcasm, if I could I'd do the same. People are willing after all.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Is it really worth it to wait a year or half a year for the update of the game that doesn't even take 10 min to complete
Well, that is a question that people cannot answer for others but everybody has to decide for themselves. However, if you complete it in less than 10 minutes, you're probably CTRL skipping, so ignoring the story and only looking for lewds, and then I'd guess there's better games to get involved in.

Mar 15, 2021
How many games do you think update every 2 months? I mean sure I wish they had that ability but it is just not feasible for small indie teams I hope you know this.

If not, please learn something about rendering (and all that goes into setting the scene prior) with Gen8 DAZ.
Have you ever heard of Mr Dots Games? His game is updated MONTHLY and it has 3-4 hours of gameplay each update and it's the best game I've ever played, so yes there are decent game developers who actually work, 6 months or more for 1 hour of gameplay is bullshit.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Have you ever heard of Mr Dots Games? His game is updated MONTHLY and it has 3-4 hours of gameplay each update and it's the best game I've ever played, so yes there are decent game developers who actually work, 6 months or more for 1 hour of gameplay is bullshit.
(a) I like Mr Dots' games, this is not about them.
(b) If you like them, why don't you spread cheer over there? There will always be, in every corner, products not to your liking, ignore them.
(c) Some devs will always be faster than others. Creativity comes at different speeds.

But tell me again how some people who owe you nothing somehow wronged you so badly you feel the need to scream into the night?

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
(b) If you like them, why don't you spread cheer over there? There will always be, in every corner, products not to your liking, ignore them.
(c) Some devs will always be faster than others. Creativity comes at different speeds.

But tell me again how some people who owe you nothing somehow wronged you so badly you feel the need to scream into the night?
Don't worry about trying to educate the uninformed. MrDots has a team and has been getting support long enough to have some serious equipment/resources. They are one of like 3 out of 7000 entries that get updates that fast, so obviously not the norm and certainly not anything to use as an example here (as you state correctly).

:)

Mar 15, 2021
Don't worry about trying to educate the uninformed. MrDots has a team and has been getting support long enough to have some serious equipment/resources. They are one of like 3 out of 7000 entries that get updates that fast, so obviously not the norm and certainly not anything to use as an example here (as you state correctly).

:)
You call 1 person a team? He has 1 person that helps him, he doesn't have a whole team, stop giving excuses for shitty developers, drpinkcake has the best game out there, he works ALONE and look at everything the game has, it takes 4 or 5 months for a new update but he is alone and it's a huge game it's not just dialogue, I don't know why people like to defend bad developers, I love Radiant but it is what it is get over it you're the one who should educate yourself.

Mar 15, 2021

They owe me nothing, but they owe their patrons, the guy has 1300 patrons that's a lot compared to smaller developers who work much more than him, so why the hell do you care If I'm criticizing?

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes