Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
People stop pleadging because there are no regular updates, at least 3 a year. So, they think they are wasting their money and rightly so. The game is very good, but not worth to pay just to have 2 updates an year, and no schedule for future releases.

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
Don't need the release date of the next update, with 2 of them arleady out we know the cycle now : between 6-8 months. If it comes earlier then everybody wins, and you know what you get if you pledge them.

And what about polarity ? :KEK:
Polarity was updated in June - right? So, while I love the emo from one of the videos making fun of Blizzard when they tried to announce another rev of Diablo only to reveal a clone of a Chinese phone game, it's only been 3 months for Polarity. I have not seen anything from the creators committing to a certain AVN rotation, but if you have, please post the Patreon post here.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Polarity was updated in June - right? So, while I love the emo from one of the videos making fun of Blizzard when they tried to announce another rev of Diablo only to reveal a clone of a Chinese phone game, it's only been 3 months for Polarity. I have not seen anything from the creators committing to a certain AVN rotation, but if you have, please post the Patreon post here.
Yeah in June... but you missed the year :4Head:

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
June last year, 2020

BobStone123

Aug 3, 2020
hi, what is the difference between the paths? there are Pure, lust and dark? what does he mean? lust= relasionship? or just sex? pure = chastity or relasionship? what is dark?

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
hi, what is the difference between the paths? there are Pure, lust and dark? what does he mean? lust= relasionship? or just sex? pure = chastity or relasionship? what is dark?
Dark is where you give wongs to your desires without contraint. You just don´t care and go with the flow and try to take advantge of the best you can get. Lust is more constrited

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
June last year, 2020
I see the last update here is 4.3 (from Jun 2020) and, although I am not a Patreon of Polarity, the public portion says he is working on v 5. Is the Polarity thread up to date? I'm asking since you mentioned Polarity re: updates and you seen to be tracking at least some of the other projects (I've heard of 3 others besides Radiant but who knows how many they support).

In the end, for anyone who is not a Patreon of Polarity, like me, - free is nice but it does not give me a seat at the table - so no right to complain about update timing if I don't want to support with $.

I am looking forward to the next rev of Radiant though and, having played the public version, decided to go the Patreon route. I figure that if I like something enough to go for the latest update and I still enjoy it, then the creator deserves my $ support.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I believe pure is more romance focus, Lust is sex focus, and dark ranges from domination and control to outright abuse depending on how far you want to take things.

A pure, uh, pure route may actual drop all romantic and sexual aspects altogether and have you act more like a dad. I can't remember exactly.

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
I like Radiant so I support it with $, since where I come from, living expenses (+ the rig to actually create AVNs) cost $.

Does F95 provide a way to show who actually supports an AVN with $ so we can distinguish between those who come here to take something for free then complain about it, versus those who have skin in the game and actually have the right to DM the creator, you know, since they actually provide $ for support?

I've read through pages and pages of comments and there is a Lot of entitled complaining going on but a lot of it seems like people complaining because they can't get their 'free' stuff fast enough.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of VN's here on F95, you know - that 'free' stuff - so if you: can't wait for the next update/don't like the creators/don't like how many Radiant supporters ignore you and still support the creators -- why not find a creator you can brag about supporting?

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
I see the last update here is 4.3 (from Jun 2020) and, although I am not a Patreon of Polarity, the public portion says he is working on v 5. Is the Polarity thread up to date? I'm asking since you mentioned Polarity re: updates and you seen to be tracking at least some of the other projects (I've heard of 3 others besides Radiant but who knows how many they support).

In the end, for anyone who is not a Patreon of Polarity, like me, - free is nice but it does not give me a seat at the table - so no right to complain about update timing if I don't want to support with $.

I am looking forward to the next rev of Radiant though and, having played the public version, decided to go the Patreon route. I figure that if I like something enough to go for the latest update and I still enjoy it, then the creator deserves my $ support.
I played the game, i´m not a patreon, but yes, the game has no more updates than 4.3. V5 is correct, since the .3 thing are bug fixes from the V4 original release.
I think Polarity is just from one of the devs. Not all of them, a passion project of his according to him.

You are somewhat right about the no complain since it´s free for us. But we are discussing the loss of patreons, 400 it seems, and that is a signal they can´t ignore.
This game is amazing, i love Maddie. but updates each 8 months, it´s too much

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
I played the game, i´m not a patreon, but yes, the game has no more updates than 4.3. V5 is correct, since the .3 thing are bug fixes from the V4 original release.
I think Polarity is just from one of the devs. Not all of them, a passion project of his according to him.

You are somewhat right about the no complain since it´s free for us. But we are discussing the loss of patreons, 400 it seems, and that is a signal they can´t ignore.
This game is amazing, i love Maddie. but updates each 8 months, it´s too much
If there are 4 projects + Life (COVID, the flu or something worse), I imagine it gets to be a bit much to manage.

You have a valid point about Polarity - and it would be tough to be a Patreon of that VN and go 15+ months without an update.

I don't see anything changing on the update cycle until they can pare projects down from 4 or more to 2-3, or find some skilled, like-minded souls to join the team and take over some of the work.

From the various comments I've read here, especially the cycle of comments that picks up a few weeks after each of the Radiant updates, I don't see the creators being more transparent with the F95 community, especially given how toxic it gets on this thread.

Any 3rd party would only have to read a few pages to understand that this is not the place to come and get unbiased opinions, that means Both pro and con, about your creation.

I know that I would never respond to this kind of forum for a creation given the huge level of entitlement on parade.

It's too bad because it's almost like those invested in their bad opinion of Radiant are set to try to drown out anyone who is not negative like them.

I hope that those who are so poisoned against Radiant Don't get their way, which seems to be an abandoned VN so that they can do the 'I told you so.'

That would be a loss for anyone who actually enjoys Radiant, regardless of whether you support it with $ or take it for free.

Last edited:

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
If there are 4 projects + Life (COVID, the flu or something worse), I imagine it gets to be a bit much to manage.

You have a valid point about Polarity - and it would be tough to be a Patreon of that VN and go 15+ months without an update.

I don't see anything changing on the update cycle until they can pare projects down from 4 or more to 2-3, or find some skilled, like-minded souls to join the team and take over some of the work.

From the various comments I've read here, especially the cycle of comments that picks up a few weeks after each of the Radiant updates, I don't see the creators being more transparent with the F95 community, especially given how toxic it gets on this thread.

Any 3rd party would only have to read a few pages to understand that this is not the place to come and get unbiased opinions, that means Both pro and con, about your creation.

I know that I would never respond to this kind of forum for a creation given the huge level of entitlement on parade.

It's too bad because it's almost like those invested in their bad opinion of Radiant are set to try to drown out anyone who is not negative like them.

I hope that those who are so poisoned against Radiant Don't get their way, which seems to be an abandoned VN so that they can do the 'I told you so.'

That would be a loss for anyone who actually enjoys Radiant, regardless of whether you support it with $ or take it for free.

I totally agree. I've followed the development of Radiant for a while and it's a shame, really.
I love what they've done so far in Radiant, and where it seems to be heading. But I can't afford to support a developer who is making ~4 games in total simultaneously, when I support only one of those. On top of that, they seem to barely communicate on their page, or give any updates regarding the status of the development progress. If they ever decide to narrow their focus to just 1 game at a time, and become more transparent\communicative, then I'll gladly support them.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Does F95 provide a way to show who actually supports an AVN with $ so we can distinguish between those who come here to take something for free then complain about it, versus those who have skin in the game and actually have the right to DM the creator, you know, since they actually provide $ for support?
Yes, you can get "badges" for supporting devs. However, you need to "apply" and dev has to support your claim. And so "not having a badge" does not mean "does not support", especially since many devs offer different avenues to support (Steam releases you can buy, a "buymeacoffee" tip jar) etc. Also you don't know who has supported a game in the past but dropped out disappointed.

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
I like Radiant enough to support it via Patreon.

If someone else does not want to support Radiant with $, that is their choice.

I think most of us on this thread want more Radiant - so faster updates, more of the story of the MC and the triplets, animations where they fit, music and sound effects.

I'd love to see an update by the end of 2021 but, based on the past cycles of production, it looks like Feb/Mar 2022.

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
I'm happy to support Radiant and the developers as a Patreon.

I actually support creative people with $ which is how Patreon works - my choice.

For those who don't want to support Radiant with $, that's your choice, and I accept your choice.

There is nothing an anonymous person on F95 can/will say to change my choice just like I doubt I could change the minds of those who are habitual facepalmers here on this thread.

I think choice is a wonderful thing! :)

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I'm happy to support Radiant and the developers as a Patreon.

I actually support creative people with $ which is how Patreon works - my choice.

For those who don't want to support Radiant with $, that's your choice, and I accept your choice.

There is nothing an anonymous person on F95 can/will say to change my choice just like I doubt I could change the minds of those who are habitual facepalmers here on this thread.

I think choice is a wonderful thing! :)
If you feel comfortable (and financially stable) enough to do so, then more power to you.
I had to stop supporting most of everything this year with all that went on and unfortunately, Radiant was one of them.
I'm still trying to decide whether I prefer huge, chunky updates that take about six months or smaller ones (in most cases) that take about eight weeks. Chunky updates are my ideal and considering they usually have about two full chapters written out beforehand (according to them), does the code, rendering, posing and bugfixing really take the remainder?
I'm not bashing them nor do I blame them for jumping ship on this site. It was the right call, I think.

Reactions: Mystermask
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes