TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
Both devs are working on multiple games at the same time (yes I am still hoping that polarity will get an update eventually) so I don't really see them being able to release more than 2 or 3 updates per year, at least for now.
and some people say * ignorance is a bless * sometimes so ... well done , u know the dice

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
and some people say * ignorance is a bless * sometimes so ... well done , u know the dice
I don't know if that is about my polarity comment, if it is then yeah I know that a new update is very unlikely to happen. But the comment about them working on multiple games at the same time is 100% accurate. Alorth is one of the devs from this game, and he has his own game that he is working on (neko paradise, which he released an update for not too long ago) and he also does animations for other games like Tales from the unending void.

circloflyf

Jan 14, 2021
I would love to support this games development but with a schedule of 1 or 2 updates a year I can not. I have and continue to support other devs that have updates every 3 months and some 4 months but much past that I can not.
This is where I'm at. Many of these games, VNs, projects, whatever, for example Being a DIK, have an update every 3-4 months. I'll continue to support the ones that are of high quality and similar timelines.

Reactions: fz and TokyoR

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
This is where I'm at. Many of these games, VNs, projects, whatever, for example Being a DIK, have an update every 3-4 months. I'll continue to support the ones that are of high quality and similar timelines.
For BADIK make it six at this point but we still get regular updates and a sense the game is being worked on. For Radiant it was false promises and constant delays for episode 2 and radio silence ever since.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
For BADIK make it six at this point but we still get regular updates and a sense the game is being worked on. For Radiant it was false promises and constant delays for episode 2 and radio silence ever since.
Badik is another beast, but the first chapters were released within that time frame. The last chapters took longer but you have several hours of playtime on only one route (I have 50+ hours played total)

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
I would debate the radio silence part - they communicated right enough but i dont think it was easy to on a pirate site no less where people shit on you being slow in creating stuff theyre only gonna to steal for free in an update anyway haha. The issue here is simple - the devs never promised nor even presented Radiant as the one all, be all project (to what "promises" do you refer") - it was a collab effort to work on the side of their main solo projects like Neko Paradise (which still gets updates so its clearly not a case of laziness). Is it fair to compare a solo game project like BaDik to one where multiple games are being worked on annually?

Im sure any update that comes out will be worth the wait but i dont want Radiant rushed personally just to meet demand - its already slid down the quality stakes righting wise because i feel theyre rushing things now (too many characters added in too short a space of time, characters getting complete personality overhauls already, ludicrous plot twists which make no fucking sense just to not offend the already brittle fan base such as making a mother of a character but retaining her virginity).

The best games are those from devs who release them when they're ready because they are passionate about them - Dr PinkCake, Runey, What Why Games etc are gold standard for this - the flipside is forcing a dev to focus on a project with the threat of backers = control of devs (even if most of the people who make demands are NOT backers but pirates who offer fuck all for games they download lol) where you get likes of Icstor who had a long established history of incest games he would churn out and complete in a year or so cycle and move on being demanded to create constant updates for MILFY CITY and being vilified ever since explaining he wanted to end the game and move on to next project despite demand. He barely communicated ever since such was the negativity towards him. I think too many just make baseless assumptions and present them as facts of matter not mere opinions.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
I would debate the radio silence part - they communicated right enough but i dont think it was easy to on a pirate site no less where people shit on you being slow in creating stuff theyre only gonna to steal for free in an update anyway haha. The issue here is simple - the devs never promised nor even presented Radiant as the one all, be all project (to what "promises" do you refer") - it was a collab effort to work on the side of their main solo projects like Neko Paradise (which still gets updates so its clearly not a case of laziness). Is it fair to compare a solo game project like BaDik to one where multiple games are being worked on annually?

Im sure any update that comes out will be worth the wait but i dont want Radiant rushed personally just to meet demand - its already slid down the quality stakes righting wise because i feel theyre rushing things now (too many characters added in too short a space of time, characters getting complete personality overhauls already, ludicrous plot twists which make no fucking sense just to not offend the already brittle fan base such as making a mother of a character but retaining her virginity).

The best games are those from devs who release them when they're ready because they are passionate about them - Dr PinkCake, Runey, What Why Games etc are gold standard for this - the flipside is forcing a dev to focus on a project with the threat of backers = control of devs (even if most of the people who make demands are NOT backers but pirates who offer fuck all for games they download lol) where you get likes of Icstor who had a long established history of incest games he would churn out and complete in a year or so cycle and move on being demanded to create constant updates for MILFY CITY and being vilified ever since explaining he wanted to end the game and move on to next project despite demand. He barely communicated ever since such was the negativity towards him. I think too many just make baseless assumptions and present them as facts of matter not mere opinions.
ISCTOR, is that you?

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
I don't blame the creators of Radiant for going radio silent on any non-Patreon site - they don't owe any non-Patreon anything.

What happened when they tried to be transparent with rev 2?

They missed the deadlines they set and those who wanted to take Radiant for free bashed them for the misses - because RL Never happens to creators, COVID does not exist and assets, electricity, hardware - why... they are all free, just like everything here on F95... right?

So - trying to communicate worked with most of their Patreons - the ones with skin in the game - but Not for those with the Expectations that they are owed this for free and more rapidly at that.

Now, we are all waiting for the next rev, and they get bashed here because they are not transparent enough... See a pattern?

No matter what they do, those who believe that they are Entitled to Radiant for free will bash the creators.

I believe that every Patreon supporter of Radiant wants updates more quickly - just like those who come here looking for Radiant for free.

Is the update cycle longer than I want - of course - just like the update cycle for favorite authors. Look how long it took for GOT to get the last update in the series.

I see the difference as choosing to support a creator while they are creating versus buying a final product (via Steam or Amazon for example).

I hope that it will be completed but if it does not, it won't be because I chose to sit on the sidelines complaining and bashing the creators.

For those who say that the only good production cycles are those with at least 3-4 revs out each year, I disagree.

Creativity does not get defined, or limited, by you or me!

If you want to see a great AVN that takes about 6 months per rev - check out Summers Gone -- great graphics, story, animations, world and relationship building, music (no H scenes yet, so look elsewhere if that is all you want).

Immersion is more difficult to achieve with longer production cycles But ... the best AVNs, like the best authors, are worth waiting for.

I do think it is time for someone to create a better way to support creators we like. While "Buy Me A Coffee" is nice... "Buy Me A Beer" is better.

While it is a little early in my time zone for grabbing said beer - the sun is setting over the yardarm somewhere in the world - or, for those who don't get the reference - it's Happy Hour somewhere so - Cheers!

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019

They did communicate on here. Some people were pretty toxic but most people were understanding at first but when you're missing several deadlines and go from a couple of months to more than six people will get mad eventually. After 0.2 dropped they said "Don't worry, it won't take six months for the next one" and it did. I'm ok with a six months cycle of updates if I feel the quality is worth it, and in some cases it is. When it comes to the devs Alorth works in several games and all of them update regularly and Dammed works on two, Radiant, which has this issues and Polarity which hasn't updated in a year and a half. I think the problem is easy to point out here.

I can agree the quality of the last two updates went a bit down. The police and his wife, Vanessa backstory, Natalie going too fast from wanting to murder you to the massage stuff... And Brooke as you mentioned. I could give a pass to those things for now and see how they develop. I don't want it rushed either, but there's a reason we are all pessimistic about it, I don't think the waiting time reflects the final product and considering the amount of Patreons is going down it looks like more people are starting to think the same way. Icstor got away with a lot, leaving games unfinished to start the next game and not update in long periods of time, he's not exactly a good example of what a dev should do, but since every game was better than the last he managed to retain support.
I don't blame the creators of Radiant for going radio silent on any non-Patreon site - they don't owe any non-Patreon anything.

What happened when they tried to be transparent with rev 2?

They missed the deadlines they set and those who wanted to take Radiant for free bashed them for the misses - because RL Never happens to creators, COVID does not exist and assets, electricity, hardware - why... they are all free, just like everything here on F95... right?

So - trying to communicate worked with most of their Patreons - the ones with skin in the game - but Not for those with the Expectations that they are owed this for free and more rapidly at that.

Now, we are all waiting for the next rev, and they get bashed here because they are not transparent enough... See a pattern?

No matter what they do, those who believe that they are Entitled to Radiant for free will bash the creators.

I believe that every Patreon supporter of Radiant wants updates more quickly - just like those who come here looking for Radiant for free.

Is the update cycle longer than I want - of course - just like the update cycle for favorite authors. Look how long it took for GOT to get the last update in the series.

I see the difference as choosing to support a creator while they are creating versus buying a final product (via Steam or Amazon for example).

I hope that it will be completed but if it does not, it won't be because I chose to sit on the sidelines complaining and bashing the creators.

For those who say that the only good production cycles are those with at least 3-4 revs out each year, I disagree.

Creativity does not get defined, or limited, by you or me!

If you want to see a great AVN that takes about 6 months per rev - check out Summers Gone -- great graphics, story, animations, world and relationship building, music (no H scenes yet, so look elsewhere if that is all you want).

Immersion is more difficult to achieve with longer production cycles But ... the best AVNs, like the best authors, are worth waiting for.

I do think it is time for someone to create a better way to support creators we like. While "Buy Me A Coffee" is nice... "Buy Me A Beer" is better.

While it is a little early in my time zone for grabbing said beer - the sun is setting over the yardarm somewhere in the world - or, for those who don't get the reference - it's Happy Hour somewhere so - Cheers!
It's true that you don't owe anything to people that don't pay, but every Patreon was a non-payer at some point. And it's not easy to gain more supporters with precedents like Radiant or Polarity. As I said before I'm ok with a six month cycle if I feel the result is worth it (and I would consider supporting) but not as it is now. (And don't mention GOT, just don't). (And I'm fine without H scenes, imo the triplets should be a slow burn with a long setup. It's already going fast with some of them at this point). I want to be optimistic, but it's not easy...

Last edited:

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Some of the posters here are patreon supporters of the game as well. To claim all here are freeloaders is false.
The game has fantastic renders and the triplets are all magnificent, i´m crazy about Maddie, hehe, but it´s not an easy decision to pay 5 or 7 ( considering taxes) each month, for having 2 updates a year. At the end of the year it´s the price of a full game for the Switch for instance, 60 euros.
I´m glad people are supporting, the devs deserve the support, but all things considering, there is that.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Some of the posters here are patreon supporters of the game as well. To claim all here are freeloaders is false.
This is of course true - the claim is false. Some of the posters here even are supporters because they saw the game on F95.

However, there is a certain vocal group on this thread (as on almost every other) who are not supporters of anything, nor will they ever be, but feel like they're entitled to whatever they want just because others who are also here are indeed supporting. This can be anything, from update speed complaints to the dreaded NTR and Non-NTR crews to "want more mommy". And those freeloaders relying on the help this forum gives despite not being a part of it can be grating to those who actually spend money or help in other capacities but still understand that neither the world nor the game's evolution are revolving around them.

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
I did not like the introduction of the policeman with God issues and I think that some of the content, like the Natalie knife to 'massage me' feel disjointed - like I was missing some character development.

I also know that the early chapters in any AVN have a certain amount of 'world and relationship building' required to set the framework for the story.

So, for now, I know I am taking some of the parts of Radiant out of their greater context since we are still Very early in the development of the story and the policeman and Natalie, as characters, may make a great deal more sense by the time we hit the half way point in this story (whenever that is).

It's a rare team that has mastery over every aspect of creating something as potentially complex as a great AVN.

* A well-written, compelling story with characters that you want to get to know and those who you love to/have to dislike
* Great graphics that allow you to tell your story with everything from the setting to unique facial expressions
* Animations that further the immersion and draw you into the story
* Ambient sound effects that add to immersion
* Music that helps to tell the story, set the mood and highlight the important parts of the story
* Voice acting where it further immerses you in the story and enough key characters are voiced well so that those who are not voiced don't take away from the immersion
* An update cycle that allows:
* the creator to fashion meaningful chapters of their story
* maintains their passion for both the creation and the creation process
* provides enough new content on a regular basis to grow their fan base and the $ support from that fan base
* support from fans ($, creative, technical) + their available organic support of the same is sufficient to allow them to continue creating in a way that inspires them and allows them to manage an effective work process that supports their creativity while maintaining their health

I'm certain most who view this could add/take away some of the above based on personal preference, but that also comes into play as part of the creation process.

Is the creation, the AVN, sufficiently creative to invite a broad audience to enjoy it and does it maintain that throughout the creation cycle from beginning to end?

Radiant has some of these features and lacks others, which is fine - creators have to pick and choose what they can include and what is 'a bridge too far.'

If the above was easy - we'd all be playing great AVNs all the time and few of us would be on any forum complaining because that would take away time we'd rather spend playing all those easy to create, great, AVNs.

But... the above is Not easy and here we are... waiting for the next rev of Radiant and any number of other AVNs.

So - Cheers and have a Great weekend!

I'm off to play a new AVN and see what that creator has to share with me.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
* Voice acting where it further immerses you in the story and enough key characters are voiced well so that those who are not voiced don't take away from the immersion
This is not quite as important as some make it out to be.
I see VNs that have VAs and give them a really wide berth. I've played some really good ones with no VAs and for me, that's a huge plus as one bad VA can ruin everything.
Voice acting in games has never made anything a "must have" for me.
Voice acting in AVNs tends to be squeaky, weebish nonsense. Trying to find someone willing to do it in English with any degree of feeling is next to impossible.

Reactions: fz

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This is not quite as important as some make it out to be.
I see VNs that have VAs and give them a really wide berth. I've played some really good ones with no VAs and for me, that's a huge plus as one bad VA can ruin everything.
Voice acting in games has never made anything a "must have" for me.
Voice acting in AVNs tends to be squeaky, weebish nonsense. Trying to find someone willing to do it in English with any degree of feeling is next to impossible.
I disagree with the general statement. Many, many good games would lose a lot for me without the voice acting. However I am talking triple (or at least double) A games. In AVNs I tend to agree. Mostly these are volunteers or amateurs, and while certainly better at it than I would be (also my tone of voice would be unsuitable for most girls, especially for those bound to be LIs ;) ), not all are equally good, sound quality can be all over the place, and often they add little for me. Then again, as long as I can turn it off if needed I won't complain.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes