Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I am trying to decide if the plot makes sense or is in any way believable (lucid dreaming aside)...
jury is still out
meanwhile, Norah is the best thing in the game..she can crotch punch the MC any day of the week, for all I care.. it's hilarious.

cjdm

May 23, 2020
I am trying to decide if the plot makes sense or is in any way believable (lucid dreaming aside)...
Don't give the devs any ideas regarding a "dream within a dream" because if we start going down the road of an Inception plot it's going to take at least 11 years an update. In which case... you would wish that you were in a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream so time is severely distorted and 11 years feels like 3 minutes... Unless of course, we are simply in a dream now, waiting for our preconceived idea of what a dream is for Chapter 4 to be released soon.

Is this the point where I lay my head down on the railroad track and wait for the train? Shit... where's my totem?

fea876

Nov 24, 2018
jury is still out
meanwhile, Norah is the best thing in the game..she can crotch punch the MC any day of the week, for all I care.. it's hilarious.
I will not be surprise if they pulled a "Dallas" on this one. they have all the elements for that one.

Every time I read that's the writing is incredible for that game, I always ask myself which parts... The mother that think it's a good idea to send her three daughters to a stranger, the three daughters that though it was a good idea, the grieving mother that want to fuck the killer of her son, the assistant that decided to be a single mother for breaking loneliness or the cop neighbor that live side by side with a millionaire....

Oh yeah, the MC that will end up fucking his triplets... Obviously it's the latter one, there's a reason why I'm reading this thread.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I will not be surprise if they pulled a "Dallas" on this one. they have all the elements for that one.

Every time I read that's the writing is incredible for that game, I always ask myself which parts... The mother that think it's a good idea to send her three daughters to a stranger, the three daughters that though it was a good idea, the grieving mother that want to fuck the killer of her son, the assistant that decided to be a single mother for breaking loneliness or the cop neighbor that live side by side with a millionaire....

Oh yeah, the MC that will end up fucking his triplets... Obviously it's the latter one, there's a reason why I'm reading this thread.
The writing makes the characters lovable and easy to empathise with. If you start thinking about it too much it has some holes, it develops too fast sometimes... But credit where credit is due.

Reactions: Tor7

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
yes the fair thing is focus more on the game or putting it on hold until they can work on it regularly
For their other projects: yes.

For this project: no. Everybody knew what they were going into, that is not unfair.

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
The creators of Radiant never said that they would abandon all their other commitments to make Radiant, nor would I support them if they did.

Any creator that would break all their other commitments to support the flavor of the moment would break their commitment to Radiant when Radiant, the current flavor, changed.

I support their creativity, specifically as it is used to build the world and characters of Radiant.

There are only a few creators who I choose to support because I love all their projects (Mr. Dots for ex. - Melody, DMD, Sunshine Love).

I am not interested enough in the other projects from Radiant's creators to support them individually.

I also have seen real life, like COVID, play out too many times to believe that it does not affect creators the way it impacts non-creators and it has impacted Radiant's creators and every other AVN creator out there, even if we do not know the specific details.

The difference is that many here come to take someone else's work for free, that work being more difficult due to COVID and its impact, while those creators have to pay for everything in RL in order to continue the creation of Radiant and the support of at least 3 other projects.

For those who say I am part of the problem because I continue to support the creators of Radiant - you are entitled to your opinion, just not to free rev's of Radiant as quickly as you want them.

Who should have a greater voice with the creators?

Those who come to take Radiant for free

or

Those who have skin in the game ($ support, provide balanced feedback to the developers, DM and engage where/when supporters and creators can both support)

Finally - I want more frequent, high quality, releases of Radiant just like most people.

I just think that trashing the creators, facepalming anyone who disagrees with the lemming brigade, and ignoring RL commitments is not the way to do it.

I applaud those who put forth balanced discussions re: creators and AVNs - but a facepalm or twenty does not a balanced discussion make.

My $, My support, My choice!

Cheers!

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
The creators of Radiant never said that they would abandon all their other commitments to make Radiant, nor would I support them if they did.

Any creator that would break all their other commitments to support the flavor of the moment would break their commitment to Radiant when Radiant, the current flavor, changed.

I support their creativity, specifically as it is used to build the world and characters of Radiant.

There are only a few creators who I choose to support because I love all their projects (Mr. Dots for ex. - Melody, DMD, Sunshine Love).

I am not interested enough in the other projects from Radiant's creators to support them individually.

I also have seen real life, like COVID, play out too many times to believe that it does not affect creators the way it impacts non-creators and it has impacted Radiant's creators and every other AVN creator out there, even if we do not know the specific details.

The difference is that many here come to take someone else's work for free, that work being more difficult due to COVID and its impact, while those creators have to pay for everything in RL in order to continue the creation of Radiant and the support of at least 3 other projects.

For those who say I am part of the problem because I continue to support the creators of Radiant - you are entitled to your opinion, just not to free rev's of Radiant as quickly as you want them.

Who should have a greater voice with the creators?

Those who come to take Radiant for free

or

Those who have skin in the game ($ support, provide balanced feedback to the developers, DM and engage where/when supporters and creators can both support)

Finally - I want more frequent, high quality, releases of Radiant just like most people.

I just think that trashing the creators, facepalming anyone who disagrees with the lemming brigade, and ignoring RL commitments is not the way to do it.

I applaud those who put forth balanced discussions re: creators and AVNs - but a facepalm or twenty does not a balanced discussion make.

My $, My support, My choice!

Cheers!
Everyone is free to support what they want, it's fine, but who are whining they lost 400 patrons ? There is a better way to gain patrons than begging for it.

If you support them well informed, knowing it's a side project with an update a year, again it's fine. But nowhere on their radiant patreon page is this mentioned, nor that they have other main projects.

Why should you support us?
We are creators with a huge passion for adult games and entertainment. By giving your support, you'll allow us to make this our full-time job, which means more games that you love, faster updates, higher quality, and more consistency. You're making a huge difference in our lives as a creators and game developers, and you'll be rewarded handsomely for this

And covid was more beneficial then the opposite for devs, people had more free time to play or develop games

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
If you support them well informed, knowing it's a side project with an update a year, again it's fine. But nowhere on their radiant patreon page is this mentioned, nor that they have other main projects.
That's true. I just looked at the patreon page, and it is very misleading. They make it seem like all dev time is devoted to this one game. Radiant is the game they promote and solely advertise. And it is the only one mentioned in their goal to climb back to 1500.

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Dang... just read the last few pages...

First, I just completed my first run through. I enjoyed the game. I feel it is well written, as it evokes feelings, mostly sadness, with the other characters. The little girl, Naomi(?), was one of the highlights. Her brief scene was adorable. The renders are high quality as well. No issues that I can recall with spelling or any bugs at all.

Second, a little constructive feedback (I do realize this would add a lot of work...), I really wish there was a 4th option to most of the choices. There's a clear "YES!" and a clear "NO!", but the "maybe" is not neutral. It's more of a "... yes, we'll take it slow" kind of response. I would like one that would be "hey you're nice, I understand what you are saying, but no, at this time, I do not want to get involved with you in a romantic way. I am totally cool with being your friend though." That's what I want. And if you check unrealistic stories... in DMD, don't you have sex with Dee after a week? I feel like the timeline in this game is a little better than that, but haven't counted the exact days.

Reading about the devs and the updates and patrons.... well, I am not a patron, it's not my money, if you support the devs, good for you. I can see they are currently making $6700/month, which to me is a lot. And since I don't know the exact time line, I'd say they are releasing an update every 6 months. I do believe Devs have a responsibility to their patrons and the fact that 400 of them left shows the patrons are dissatisfied with the Devs (or that's how I see it.) Hopefully the people that left, made a post saying why they were leaving, but I doubt it.

Does anyone know when the updates happened? (I wish the change log had dates in it.) To me, it looks like initial release, first update 6 months later, second update, 6 months later, and now we should have another update at any moment.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Does anyone know when the updates happened? (I wish the change log had dates in it.) To me, it looks like initial release, first update 6 months later, second update, 6 months later, and now we should have another update at any moment.
Both major updates (discounting bug fixes) were just shy of 8 months, so if that keeps up, add 3-4 months to your expectations.

• Sad

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Dang... just read the last few pages...

First, I just completed my first run through. I enjoyed the game. I feel it is well written, as it evokes feelings, mostly sadness, with the other characters. The little girl, Naomi(?), was one of the highlights. Her brief scene was adorable. The renders are high quality as well. No issues that I can recall with spelling or any bugs at all.

Second, a little constructive feedback (I do realize this would add a lot of work...), I really wish there was a 4th option to most of the choices. There's a clear "YES!" and a clear "NO!", but the "maybe" is not neutral. It's more of a "... yes, we'll take it slow" kind of response. I would like one that would be "hey you're nice, I understand what you are saying, but no, at this time, I do not want to get involved with you in a romantic way. I am totally cool with being your friend though." That's what I want. And if you check unrealistic stories... in DMD, don't you have sex with Dee after a week? I feel like the timeline in this game is a little better than that, but haven't counted the exact days.

Reading about the devs and the updates and patrons.... well, I am not a patron, it's not my money, if you support the devs, good for you. I can see they are currently making $6700/month, which to me is a lot. And since I don't know the exact time line, I'd say they are releasing an update every 6 months. I do believe Devs have a responsibility to their patrons and the fact that 400 of them left shows the patrons are dissatisfied with the Devs (or that's how I see it.) Hopefully the people that left, made a post saying why they were leaving, but I doubt it.

Pretty much what the post above me said, 6+ months for each update, and the last one was in July. So I would expect February at the very earliest.

• Sad

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Both major updates (discounting bug fixes) were just shy of 8 months, so if that keeps up, add 3-4 months to your expectations.
Pretty much what the post above me said, 6+ months for each update, and the last one was in July. So I would expect February at the very earliest.
Thanks (...?) for the info... 8 months seems like a REALLY long time for an update. I fully admit I am not a patron, but yeah, with the amount they are receiving, I see no reason why this would not be a priority for them. And I find it funny that the goal they set on their page was to reclaim the lost number of patrons... shrugs. Again, I'm not financially supporting this so take my opinion with a grain or two of salt.

I'll be back to check this thread after the New Year. Y'all have fun.

minasetaki

May 1, 2019

don't forget the horny police wife who seems to care a lot of MC

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
And covid was more beneficial then the opposite for devs, people had more free time to play or develop games
I don't measure the impact of COVID using the sole measure of 'free time' while ignoring things like: impact on health, impact on services, impact on supply chain etc.

I claim no omniscience to Know that COVID has not impacted the creators of Radiant, their families, their friends or any services that they rely on.

Since this is a discussion about Radiant and the creators of Radiant, that is my focus.

Do you have something supporting your COVID claim related to the creators of Radiant (for ex. screen shots from either Patreon or Subscribestar where the Radiant creators have made this statement - they have not been impacted by COVID at all, or the equivalent)?

Reactions: Cartageno

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
For these devs maybe - but not for me. CoVID may have fucked up my social life - but let me tell you that has not stopped work. Before CoVID I was working approximately 40 hours a week. Once CoVID hit, I was working almost 50, now I am working damn near 60-65. CoVID didn't free up my time, it shifted my time from personal time, to work.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
For these devs maybe - but not for me. CoVID may have fucked up my social life - but let me tell you that has not stopped work. Before CoVID I was working approximately 40 hours a week. Once CoVID hit, I was working almost 50, now I am working damn near 60-65. CoVID didn't free up my time, it shifted my time from personal time, to work.
That's why I asked a few pages ago if Dammed was working on something else or exclusively on Radiant (and Polarity) and it turns out he's working exclusively on this. After 0.2 he said we could not worry because he had some issues that delayed the episode and episode three wouldn't take as long as episode two, and then it did. We have a reason to be weary.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

thoughtonthat

Jun 13, 2020
Isn't there anyone a patron here? If there is, could you please ask him about the updates? I would very like to be a patron but I live in a third world country where five dollars a month is a little bit much.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Isn't there anyone a patron here? If there is, could you please ask him about the updates? I would very like to be a patron but I live in a third world country where five dollars a month is a little bit much.
It's not worth being a Patreon if $5 is too much for you, each update takes roughly 7-8 months, so it would cost you $35-40 per update.. lol

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes