Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
That's not what MGTOW is. Please educate yourself and stop regurgitating mainstream media propaganda. Read this to start:
And spend some time watching these videos:

And most importantly, think for yourself. Don't just parrot what someone else says.

And that is the last about this i'l mention. No more offtopic.
If the first answer in your link defending MGTOW is anything to go by, what was said in the quoted post seems to be pretty close to what it is.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
How many days, months or weeks until the next update?

It would be a perfect gift in December, a new performance with lots of content to study and analyze in the fortress of solitude.
Since the last update was released in July, I would not expect the next one before the end of January.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Can someone post their progress update from patreon on here?
Sure, here you go.
SirDammned said:

I wanted to take this time to explain something that I just explained to someone in Discord. In the meantime, you're welcome to speculate as to what's going on in the image above!
I myself follow and support a lot of creators here on Patreon, so I know as well as anyone that it's common for devs to share previews and teasers like the one above pretty frequently. However, I personally am very anti-spoiler. I like to keep our cards close to our chest: I strongly dislike revealing new characters, sharing renders directly from the upcoming chapter, sharing new music or environments, showing the girls nude before they've gotten naked in-game, etc.
This is not just me being prickly. In my mind, the less people know about the upcoming chapter, the better it is when they inevitably play it as they're more or less going in blind.
Because of this, and without things to share, frequent or routine "progress reports" become a little dull and bland and I start to feel like a broken record who's just regurgitating more of the same thing ("We're working on it," "It's coming," etcetera), so I'll generally only post these when I have something major or truly worthwhile to say.
This can leave an element of doubt in players minds. I can definitely understand that and for those reasons I'm sorry. I don't want people to think we're not working or be anxious in between updates. I myself am very much a proactive person who spends almost every waking moment on these games... even if it probably doesn't seem like it. Without work, I'm bored and unmotivated, which is just a depressing feeling, so I almost always find ways to keep myself busy.
So yeah, I guess what I'm saying is... we're absolutely working on it, and I'm sorry for not doing a better job of conveying this! I hope to one day be to a point where players simply know they can trust me... and I think after I release the massive (15k lines of code and counting) 5th chapter of Polarity... and the hefty/extremely entertaining 4th chapter of Radiant, people will maybe(?) start to see that. In the meantime, ty for the support!
Sir Dammned
P.S. Much like last year, I'll be sharing a ton of stuff throughout the month of December in the spirit of the holidays, so I hope you're looking forward to that!

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
Current render count and estimated completion % for the next update is a simple but good way for Devs to keep people informed. It's a best practice that I've seen a few good Devs use. This method could pretty much solve SirDammned's dilemma.

Unfortunate that it's not default behavior expected of every developer. Would help to seperate the wheat from the chaff. For obvious reasons, those that want to string their patreons along definitely won't ever utilize such transparent metrics

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
Pretty decent game. Several incongruous things struck me though.

1) A high school kid in a Midwest town isn't going to be driving a souped up muscle car. He'll be driving a second hand Toyota or Chevy. Maybe a beat up old Mustang that he dreams of hot rodding. The old Beetle you used for the bent cop would be a better fit. The only kids at high school whose parents would buy them a muscle car would be assholes like Chad. The MC isnt Chad.

2) The absolute last car a bent cop would drive is an old Beetle. He'd drive a muscle car or a oversized truck like a Ford F250 or Chevy Silverado. That muscle car you used for the MC in high school would actually be the perfect car for him. Maybe give the wife a line about him borrowing her car because his muscle car is always in the shop.

3) American cemeteries don't look like something out of a horror movie unless its an old New Orleans parish cemetery. They look like a golf course sprinkled with graves and the occasional mausoleum. Look at a few pictures of Arlington National Cemetery. That's what every American cemetary wants to grow up to be.

4) The bent cop says the MC's house belonged to his grandparents. Yet its a ultramodern house that looks straight out of Pablo Escobar's wet dreams. Maybe change that line to that the land belonged to his grandparents.

ED spelling, more thoughts.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

1) A high school kid in a Midwest town isn't going to be driving a souped up muscle car. He'll be driving a second hand Toyota or Chevy. Maybe a beat up old Mustang that he dreams of hot rodding. The old Beetle you used for the bent cop would be a better fit. The only kids at high school whose parents would buy them a muscle car would be assholes like Chad. The MC isnt Chad.

2) The absolute last car a bent cop would drive is an old Beetle. He'd drive a muscle car or a oversized truck like a Ford F250 or Chevy Silverado. That muscle car you used for the MC in high school would actually be the perfect car for him. Maybe give the wife a line about him borrowing her car because his muscle car is always in the shop.

3) American cemeteries don't look like something out of a horror movie unless its an old New Orleans parish cemetery. They look like a golf course sprinkled with graves and the occasional mausoleum. Look at a few pictures of Arlington National Cemetery. That's what every American cemetary wants to grow up to be.

4) The bent cop says the MC's house belonged to his grandparents. Yet its a ultramodern house that looks straight out of Pablo Escobar's wet dreams. Maybe change that line to that the land belonged to his grandparents.

On #1 where did you grow up, we had many souped up muscle car in my town of only 2,500 people in the mid-west.
My 69 Buick Lesabre with dual 4 barrel carbs won a few races because no one knew what I had under the hood at 16 years old.

There was one who had a 69 Shelby Mustang at 16 but would not race it.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

#1... depends on the town and who lives there. My senior class (in 92) had 32 people in it and there were at least 6 muscle cars, some were owned by people whos parents bought them, but some were owned by kids who had worked summer jobs for years and saved money to buy them. one of my best friends started a lawn mowing business in 7th grade with a push mower, at the end of that summer he bought a riding lawn mower and a trailer to pull behind it with his savings, the following summers he was able to do 3 times as many lawns and by the begining of his Junior year he was able to buy a '71 Buick Riviera. At 14 I started working summers as a farm hand and in high school I bought a 1960 ford F-100 stepside pickup. Another of my friends had a father who had gotten sick from chemicals at his work and won a settelment. because he couldn't work anymore, his day taught him how to work on cars. they went and got an old VW bug out of a field and restored it to better than new condition because they put a porshe engine in it. My dad lived in a small town when he was a kid too, but his father was the local doctor. my grandpa had money, but still made my dad work summers on a farm. My grandpa made my dad a deal and matched him dollar for dollar what ever he saved up when he was ready to buy a car and my dad was one of the first people in west Texas to own a 1964 1/2 mustang. My grandpa went to med school in houston and had a friend who was a car dealer down there and they drove all the way there to pick up the mustang from the dealer the same day they got them in and dad drove it back and had it in his driveway before the dealers in town even had them on the showroom floor, and my dad was not a jerk. He married his high school sweetheart and is still married to her today in their 70s. So your theory is just and opinion and is not absolute, it really depends on the town and the kid.

#2. As a person who works in the funeral industry, I can gaurentee that cemetaries come in all types. it often depends on the age of the cemetary, the town that it is in, and who cares for it. many very small towns have cemetaries where the deceaseds family is expected to care for their plots, if there is no family left they can become overgrown and spooky looking, or just flat out trashy looking. usually those towns have someone come in and mow everything once a year, and then there are private and family cemetaries that can look however they want.

#4. maybe the grandparents bought the house only a couple of years before they died and the cop just moved in a few years ago when they kicked the bucket.

Reactions: Cartageno

epx

Aug 24, 2021

Maybe in your little bubble you thought that's not a possibility, but the world is big, and you'd be surprised what other people go through, do and have.

It is absurd to believe that these things can not happen in real life, when you go out to many places, believe me you see things you thought unthinkable.

The world is not only your city or state.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

In my high school class I had friends with (among others) a supercharged '69 Chevelle, '69 GTO Judge, '68 Camaro Z28, '66 Nova SS, and I drove a '70 Ford Torino 429 Cobra Jet - all bought with our own money, rebuilt with our own money, maintained with our own money, and raced the shit out of; because we had all started out mowing lawns and throwing papers at 10-11 years old and working at 15 with the whole purpose of owning those cars.

on the flip side my best friend drove one of these
60340732e369693790aab14870a77f79.jpg :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

a bent cop who doesn't want to look like a bent cop would definitely drive a crappy VW, with the Ferrari hidden under a tarp in the garage.

Ultra modern like this?

fallingwaterhed-509493320.jpg

Built in 1937

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes