_Goldie

Nov 28, 2018
…I just noticed this but anyone know what's supposed to be in the "true edition" that isn't already in the "taboo edition"?
I Remember reading a quite a few months ago that the mysterious "True Edition" is supposed to involve lewd content with a certain character whose name starts with an N...(and it's not Natalie)

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
…I just noticed this but anyone know what's supposed to be in the "true edition" that isn't already in the "taboo edition"?
The "true edition" has been "coming soon" for about a year and the "taboo edition" has been out since the beginning.

My guess is that the "true edition," will have darker content than the "taboo," if it ever truly gets released anyway. Maybe it will have content with the girl with the virgin mother too (I forget her name). Probably just content that is generally more extreme than in the "taboo."

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
The "true edition" has been "coming soon" for about a year and the "taboo edition" has been out since the beginning.

My guess is that the "true edition," will have darker content than the "taboo," if it ever truly gets released anyway. Maybe it will have content with the girl with the virgin mother too (I forget her name). Probably just content that is generally more extreme than in the "taboo."
Yeah, I've no expectations regarding the "coming soon™" bit, but like what would constitute "darker" or "more extreme" content? Scat and snuff? Would they really put that in this game? I'm just completely stumped, and it's bugging me lol.

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
Yeah, I've no expectations regarding the "coming soon™" bit, but like what would constitute "darker" or "more extreme" content? Scat and snuff? Would they really put that in this game? I'm just completely stumped, and it's bugging me lol.
705.png

• Wow
Reactions: muschi26

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
"We don't condone the sharing of our Patron only content..." Above dl links to said content. I guess that explains why it's been a year with no new update besides a monthly render or 2 with the subs they have, not worth their time to make since most want it for free.

• Angry
Reactions: Ludvinae

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
If you sort the games on this site in descending order by rating there are 4 or 5 abandoned games on the first page. That means ~90% of the best games on this site are beat by some abandoned games. I imagine the devs will keep collecting so long as there is something to collect. Also, this dev is working on three games at the same time? It sounds ambitious, yes, but it also sounds stupid. I worked as a server in a restaurant while in college and it always amazed me how some servers wanted so many tables for a Friday or Saturday night thinking they were going to simply make more tips. But that doesn't happen very often because none of the tables in their sections hardly ever felt like they were taken care of because the server had too much to do comfortably by themselves. So they just let things slip here and there, so long as they were comfortable with it. Mostly other servers walking around topping coffee, tea, etc. were the ones mostly taking care of these tables. The point is you can be easily blinded by the dollar signs in your eyes if you are not careful enough.
I never understood that mentality either. Better to focus on 1 AVN at a time with faster and bigger updates. As far as my SS and Patreon subs I downgrade to $1 anyone that doesn't have an update that month and then temporarily upgrade (usually $10) when they release an update for that month. Pretty sure that's what the majority do so they don't get taken advantage of. That could be why a few dev's just focus on 1 game and put out an update every month, even when the size isn't anything to brag about (ie Guilty Pleasure/Quonix) or when the overall quality is OK but nothing spectacular (ie anything from Daniels K).

95zuser99031

Jan 28, 2020
"We don't condone the sharing of our Patron only content..." Above dl links to said content. I guess that explains why it's been a year with no new update besides a monthly render or 2 with the subs they have, not worth their time to make since most want it for free.
No, there hasnt been an update because they realised they didnt need to make one to get money. 0 iq comment dude

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
No, there hasnt been an update because they realised they didnt need to make one to get money. 0 iq comment dude
That's only partially true. They still need to crank out a render a month to keep their 1001 Patrons happy and keep getting that $5456 a month, so it's a tradeoff they apparently deemed worth it. If that took more than a Sunday to do they probably wouldn't bother with even that. Had they been getting 10-20x that like Dr.-Pink-Cake level they might have made another AVN update. Considering most software engineers easily get $60-140k a year (at least in my city, which isn't even a decent one and only a couple of notches above shithole in most neighborhoods) that $5456 a month is barely worth their time as they can just stick to their day job, and an AVN is far more work than that (a year of no evenings or weekends free, assuming you have them to begin with, for an extra $5456/mo when you are already getting $10,000/mo from the day job isn't worth it, apparently not to the Radiant dev's anyway). And all that is assuming they are just a 1-man dev, which might not be the case (that $5456 could be divided 3, 5 or 10 ways, which quickly gets to be peanuts compared to the day job).

animalrapist

Aug 20, 2020
The amount of training and skill required for coding a Ren'py game is negligible and in no way comparable to a software engineer.
Lmao for real it's one step above Hello World. To a python dev, a Class is that thing they dropped out of and a Switch is what they lovingly refer to their boyfriend as

95zuser99031

Jan 28, 2020
That's only partially true. They still need to crank out a render a month to keep their 1001 Patrons happy and keep getting that $5456 a month, so it's a tradeoff they apparently deemed worth it.
Those morons would pay even without that. If they've stuck around this long then them saying "oh no we cant wallpaper anymore because dog space aids cancer excercise" or something equally retarded would keep their paypigs happy. Hell I expect they could just stop and never answer any questions about why and they wouldnt lose many subs.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

95zuser99031

Jan 28, 2020
we should have a poll going on what the next excuse reason for delay is, my pick is Hard Drive failure of some kind.
1. Animal/Person died.
2. PC Died
3. Russia did X
4. Holiday
5. File loss
6. The hacker known as 4chan
7. Patreon under review
8. Illness
9. Financial issues
10. My dog ate the usb drive ill can i get another 8 months paypigs?
11. Cat ate my mouse because its dumb (Ciccio92)

Last edited:

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
That's only partially true. They still need to crank out a render a month to keep their 1001 Patrons happy and keep getting that $5456 a month, so it's a tradeoff they apparently deemed worth it. If that took more than a Sunday to do they probably wouldn't bother with even that. Had they been getting 10-20x that like Dr.-Pink-Cake level they might have made another AVN update. Considering most software engineers easily get $60-140k a year (at least in my city, which isn't even a decent one and only a couple of notches above shithole in most neighborhoods) that $5456 a month is barely worth their time as they can just stick to their day job, and an AVN is far more work than that (a year of no evenings or weekends free, assuming you have them to begin with, for an extra $5456/mo when you are already getting $10,000/mo from the day job isn't worth it, apparently not to the Radiant dev's anyway). And all that is assuming they are just a 1-man dev, which might not be the case (that $5456 could be divided 3, 5 or 10 ways, which quickly gets to be peanuts compared to the day job).
Alorth has his own patreon/projects and I'm pretty sure he works as a freelancer for other devs(apparently quite a few of the games on this site had him involved). Maybe that's one of the reasons(or the main one) this game is taking so long to be updated. If he was atleast transparent about it, but coming up with bs excuses and claiming to be working nonstop on it and that it's taking long because of their "working method" is just hard to swallow.

I don't know much about Dammed but I somehow really doubt he'd make much money by coding alone in an hypothetical "day time" job.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDaddyDom
4.30 star(s) 270 Votes