• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
If people don't voice opinions, then how will anything ever change in the direction that we want? Sure, we can just let the thing die, but how can the next person attempt to do a better job if they don't fully understand why the first person failed?

I will simply never understand the anger and annoyance people feel towards criticism lol. The argument "if you don't like it, don't play it" is a poor argument that honestly only makes sense on paper.
I don't have a problem with constructive criticism. It's all the people on F95 zone who feel that it's there right to be disrespectful towards developers that annoys me. This is not million dollars corporations who creates games. It's mostly amateurs who are spending their spare time creating content. The more disrespect you show them the less likely there will be that they continue to create content and it's less likely that new developers make their content public if they see that all developers gets in return is a lot of hate and disrespect.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
does writing a script, writing code and doing renders require the internet? I know the answer is "no" for the first two, third may depend on how you access the software and assets.
Actually, while you can do some basic of the first two without internet, anything more complex may need internet.

Scripts would need some fact-checking, especially for fangames but also for data in anything the writer wants to have some grounding on realism.

And coding, while some basic ones could be done without any external help you need to at least look for reference online for many coding issues. Sometimes there is already a function that does what you need you can look for in w3school, others it is something complex and you could use some help from StackOverflow...

Sure, you can make a lot about those without internet, but there is a high chance you will need it to finish it up.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
While you aren't wrong, I feel as if your looking at the minority of situations. While yes, such times do occur, and yes, sometimes there are people who act in the way you describe, however the majority of people don't feel this way, nor act this way. The majority will simply stop playing the game, either before, or after stating their opinion. If they stick with the game, its simply because they like the game because the pros outweigh the cons.

However, just because the pros outweigh the cons, does that mean I, or anyone else, cannot state what we believe is a con? I understand that this is not what you are saying, but in many cases, this is how people react. I also understand that my previous sarcasm may be contradictory, but in the vast majority of cases that I have stated my opinion, arguments are caused by people becoming aggressive towards myself, the opinion, or other people with the same opinion. I simply became sarcastic and aggressive because the person I was replying to was already objectively aggressive.

Saying something as simple as "I don't like female domination, I wish this character wasn't so dominant", is enough to piss people off and cause conflict. As people don't view this as a simple opinion, but will instead spin it and judge it as "this is the worst game ever made. The developer is a piece of shit and should kill themselves. Also, your mom gay". This, in my opinion, is the true issue with criticism. While yes, there are those who are objectively toxic. That said, there are an equal number of people who are just as toxic but on the opposite side of the spectrum and no one talks or complains about them.

Also, having a discussion about an opinion or criticism isn't inherently negative either. I like to think that this discussion has been fairly civil, and without toxicity. That said, discussions like this are the exception, not the expectation of when people actually state their criticism, especially when that criticism is deemed as "negative".
I think the bad actors/never happy types just stand out more and are more visible.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Actually, while you can do some basic of the first two without internet, anything more complex may need internet.

Scripts would need some fact-checking, especially for fangames but also for data in anything the writer wants to have some grounding on realism.

And coding, while some basic ones could be done without any external help you need to at least look for reference online for many coding issues. Sometimes there is already a function that does what you need you can look for in w3school, others it is something complex and you could use some help from StackOverflow...

Sure, you can make a lot about those without internet, but there is a high chance you will need it to finish it up.
In this case, the writers and coders do multiple games and are considered "professional" Devs. I suspect they could do the overwhelming majority of their coding without outside references. Even so, when I did coding over 30 years ago, we often did things modularly rather than "stream of conscious", so if you have an issue in an area you need to clarify, you put in placeholder language you believe is correct, then move on to the other modules. This way you progress on the code instead of spinning wheels and can review your "in question" module(s) when you get better access to your other resources. And then pray it all compiles properly...

Same with the script - you do what you can, make some assumptions on things not entirely clear to you, then confirm the reality and make edits as needed. It's all about moving forward and not using the excuse "I don't have all the tools I wish I had right now".

And, in the instance of these guys, there was one well known member that was from the region this guy said he was in without good internet and he indicated that wasn't exactly an accurate representation of the area. It may not have been the superfast they were used to, but it wasn't exactly dial up.

Reactions: dolfe67

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
And then pray it all compiles properly...
Thankfully, the days of having to wait for a program to compile are over unless you work on a big company. Most codes nowadays use translated language, so you can test the code you want at any time without needing to wait for the compiling to be over and see if it gives errors.

And yeah, I get what you mean. While to actually say "it is over and working properly" you need some way of consulting info (nowadays there are sites for it, but I remember seeing books of the languages at my university) nothing stops you from doing the rest with just some placeholder.
Just saying, claiming issue with their internet is not an excuse for no work, but it does excuse some delay.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Thankfully, the days of having to wait for a program to compile are over unless you work on a big company. Most codes nowadays use translated language, so you can test the code you want at any time without needing to wait for the compiling to be over and see if it gives errors.

And yeah, I get what you mean. While to actually say "it is over and working properly" you need some way of consulting info (nowadays there are sites for it, but I remember seeing books of the languages at my university) nothing stops you from doing the rest with just some placeholder.
Just saying, claiming issue with their internet is not an excuse for no work, but it does excuse some delay.
Less than two weeks of it - after it had already been postponed about three or four other times for other "reasons".

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Maybe i'm the only one who doesn't care when these games are updated? I mean I really like this hobby(?) and I enjoy many games on this forum but I don't pay for any of the games I play here and I don't support any developer, maybe that's because I don't really care how long a game takes to update

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Maybe i'm the only one who doesn't care when these games are updated? I mean I really like this hobby(?) and I enjoy many games on this forum but I don't pay for any of the games I play here and I don't support any developer, maybe that's because I don't really care how long a game takes to update
Which is fine for us. I think the people complaining about is more about the patrons and similar, those that are paying.

Just because you are not one of them doesn't mean you can't see it as wrong. Or... well, sometimes you need to look at things from outside to even see if something is wrong.

Not saying if this game is like this or not, not in-depth about how this developer works, but there are so many other games here where the developer is clearly stretching things to milk their releases...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Radiant - MultiMod Edition (v0.4 Update)
View attachment 2027019

Go get you some.
( simply click on the banner pic above )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho
FYI: You have a choice... just not in the OP.

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
Before the month ends, Neko Paradise V0.14 gets out and there is a chance for TFTUV ep 14.
I'm responsible and partially responsible for over 10 updates a year, even if it's split between various games.
And to the people that complain... you guys still fap to them, so?
:whistle:
You're involved with TFTUV? did not know that and in case i have no problem with this game taking longer to update lol. I like the models and i played the 1st version a long time ago. Was gonna download Neko Paradise and notice you also do this game so figured i would see how much it has moved along

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
I know I didn't respond, but I read the comments about the mod.

I've fixed a lot of issues with my Radiant [v0.4] Walkthrough Mod scripts.

For some reason, the program that I was using to decompile the .rpyc did alter the scripts, thanks to Sancho1969, know I know what the problem is, so now it's fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes