BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
They said after this update they're on a 4-5 months cycle. Wait&See
Haha yeah they also said updates would come every 2-3 months :LOL: When myself and a few others were keen enough to recognize updates would take MUCH longer due to Scammed's low effort (I approximated at least 5-6 months), we were called "liars" o_O. When we pointed out his endless lies and contradictions we were censored and attacked by swarms of his cronies. 2 years later, and what do we see? As predicted, 6.5 month update, then 8+ months, then 14 months :eek:

Glad more and more people are starting to see through the bull/milking now though! The funny thing is, it's not even the lies and shady tactics used, it's really not that great of a game. I think most people just don't realize how many other FD games are out there that are much better written, and with better game play. The best thing about this game initially was the renders, but other games have definitely caught up and even surpassed Radiant in terms of render/animation quality.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
this guy took like a year to release a update thats like a hour long. smh. this game has no chance to be finished lol
No chance is a very fatalistic point of view.

It has a very low chance to be finished any time soon, but it is bigger than 0 ...

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
this guy took like a year to release a update thats like a hour long. smh. this game has no chance to be finished lol
No chance is a very fatalistic point of view.

It has a very low chance to be finished any time soon, but it is bigger than 0 ...
I think some are still not getting it, this dev doesn't actually WANT to finish the game. Why would he? Although more and more people are catching on to the lies/scam, they are still probably getting about $80,000-90,000 a year to do very little actual work. Ok, the art/renders take some effort, but clearly not much time or effort has gone into the writing. This won't ever be abandoned - they will stretch this out as long as they can! So get ready for more "my dog ate my update" posts :LOL:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I think some are still not getting it, this dev doesn't actually WANT to finish the game. Why would he? Although more and more people are catching on to the lies/scam, they are still probably getting about $80,000-90,000 a year to do very little actual work. Ok, the art/renders take some effort, but clearly not much time or effort has gone into the writing. This won't ever be abandoned - they will stretch this out as long as they can! So get ready for more "my dog ate my update" posts :LOL:
Close.
Seemingly very close indeed.

Thing is he is likely to release an update when the customer base starts leaving in big numbers to try luring them back in.
Meaning there will be updates in the future.
That future may or may not be in our lifetime but it is present.

There are hundreds of games on this site alone where the dev seemingly has this approach.
Most prominent in my eyes (since I enjoy and follow that game) is "Fall:Out" where the dev vanished for nearly 2 years, and a few month ago released a (paywalled) update that "he is back" because there were many still supporting him and many of those started leaving so apparently his monthly patreon income took a nosedive.
It still is possible there is a game update.
Not very likely, but possible.

This game here is by far not the most excruciating example of "don't care!", there are others that he still has to catch up to.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Blah blah blah.
I don't think there's a hole at all. Patreon is a creator support platform, not a store.
Defending them? Not quite. I just acknowledge that they are in fact, flesh and blood humans. And humans are fallible.
I used to support this game's development but haven't since January.
Emphasis on "creator" in that "creator support".

G. R. R. Martin is slow to create his latest books (helping in the whole story of Elden Ring before releasing it and all that). But he is not living through people waiting for that next book, he is living through the fans of his already released ones.

From what people here are complaining, it is not from the quality of the work, but how there is barely any work being done, no update in a whole year, yet the creator is living from the promises of a future update.

Living off of a creation that is not being created. Living off of, not creating, but promising of future creations.
And taking too long to deliver.

Does that even make them a creator still? Does that still make it fit your own definition of what Patreon is for?

You may think so. But most people here disagree. They want progress, they want updates, and they want proof that the support they are giving is being properly used.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
They want...
Most children learn that what they want is not always what they get. Most times "I want" is ineffectual in gaining that item of worth and no amount of crying will help.
Nowhere on the game's patreon does it exclusively state that updates will happen every month/two months/three months or whatever.
The patreon is to support the game and not the developer. Sometimes supporting the game means a new 4K render or some such. Just because it's not the next update doesn't mean that it's in no way related to the game.
But I will agree on one thing. The deluge of wallpaper is quite the egregious example of doing next to nothing. When you consider we were more or less promised greater transparency and more frequent status posts and then nothing got posted for months? That's the exact opposite of "more frequent".
Though, all the people crying "scam" are clearly misinformed about what a scam is. A "scam" is when you are promised something but get nothing.
The wallpapers, unfortunately, prevent this being the "scam" status.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Most children learn that what they want is not always what they get. Most times "I want" is ineffectual in gaining that item of worth and no amount of crying will help.
Nowhere on the game's patreon does it exclusively state that updates will happen every month/two months/three months or whatever.
The patreon is to support the game and not the developer. Sometimes supporting the game means a new 4K render or some such. Just because it's not the next update doesn't mean that it's in no way related to the game.
But I will agree on one thing. The deluge of wallpaper is quite the egregious example of doing next to nothing. When you consider we were more or less promised greater transparency and more frequent status posts and then nothing got posted for months? That's the exact opposite of "more frequent".
Though, all the people crying "scam" are clearly misinformed about what a scam is. A "scam" is when you are promised something but get nothing.
The wallpapers, unfortunately, prevent this being the "scam" status.
Partly correct.
The patreon has the purpose of supporting the developer.
It is in the patreon AGB which you are required to accept before making an account.
It is not tied to a specific thing the developer has, but the developer can make that link and it usually is done so.
Meaning the developer often him- or herself locks the purpose of the patreon page to game art and/or a game as a whole.
Often that is done via "helps me make XYZ" or "with your help...".
In this specific case it is:

Why should you support us?
We are creators with a huge passion for adult games and entertainment. By giving your support, you'll allow us to make this our full-time job, which means more games that you love, faster updates, higher quality, and more consistency. You're making a huge difference in our lives as creators and game developers, and we love and appreciate you all for this.
On his patreon page he talks ONLY about the game, not any additional art he does on the side.
Wallpapers are nice but those count as accessories shipped additionally to a game, not stuff in the game itself and thus are not counted as "warding off the scam complaints".
The patrons support the dev for making the game as he promised, he does not deliver the game or even updates but "useless Wallpapers" that are supposed to show progress.

THAT is what people are angry about.
If this keeps up I say that the update can come out in March-April (?)
View attachment 2150822
Which year?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Partly correct.
The patreon has the purpose of supporting the developer.
It is in the patreon AGB which you are required to accept before making an account.
It is not tied to a specific thing the developer has, but the developer can make that link and it usually is done so.
Meaning the developer often him- or herself locks the purpose of the patreon page to game art and/or a game as a whole.
Often that is done via "helps me make XYZ" or "with your help...".
In this specific case it is:

On his patreon page he talks ONLY about the game, not any additional art he does on the side.
Wallpapers are nice but those count as accessories shipped additionally to a game, not stuff in the game itself and thus are not counted as "warding off the scam complaints".
The patrons support the dev for making the game as he promised, he does not deliver the game or even updates but "useless Wallpapers" that are supposed to show progress.

THAT is what people are angry about.
The Patreon is for Radiant, not RK Studios.
Dammed has another one for his other terminally stalled project - Polarity.
He's sort of bending the rules, setting up separate Patreon accounts for each project he's working on.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
At least dev kept his word with making dev updates (2 for now, seems to be monthly). Will see if he keeps at it. He also changed the goals and removed the ridiculous one "help us get back at 1k5 patrons"

Dev updates are public but for those who don't follow them on patreon, here is the last one:

10/27/22 08:18AM EST

Hi all. Forgive me in advance if I'm not sounding too chipper. I recently (and quite unexpectedly) had to say goodbye to a dog I hold very dear... my best friend and companion Mindy, a rescue who I bonded with quite a lot over the last 10 or so years. This just happened this past Wednesday, so as I'm sure many of you can imagine I'm feeling pretty down.

Depressing news out of the way... I have some more previews for you all! This time featuring (a very sick) Brooke, some fascinating looking fruits and dairy products (is our MC snooping around?), and of course our surprise visitor. As usual, I'd like to keep things pretty vague with the previews as to not give away any major spoilers, but I'm happy to report things are progressing steadily and we're well on-time/on the way to deliver Chapter 5 in the timeframe we've given you.

I've updated the to reflect this, and I should be updating it again/finishing up a few more scenes in the next week... maybe two. Thank you all so much for continuing to support us. We couldn't do this without you, and even though I'm quite down at the moment I can't WAIT for all of you to play the fifth chapter... and it's something I very much have to look forward to. I'll also be dropping some new and fun exclusive content on Patreon this coming month, so keep your eyes peeled for it!

Love you all,
SirD.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Wow Squark, I'm impressed that after everything, you are still here defending these devs - that's not an "attack" btw, just a comment. Anyway, the claims of 2-3 month updates were made in this very thread. On his patreon, he also repeatedly promised quicker updates than had occurred.

Though, all the people crying "scam" are clearly misinformed about what a scam is. A "scam" is when you are promised something but get nothing. The wallpapers, unfortunately, prevent this being the "scam" status.
Well, your definition isn't quite accurate. A "scam" is when something specific is promised and not delivered...it's not the absence of getting nothing that makes something a scam. Example: If I promise you a car, you are not going to be any less pissed off when I give you a chocolate bar instead, just because you didn't get "nothing."

Dammed repeatedly promised that game updates would come by a specific date, and that promise wasn't met. He also promised they would be faster, and also didn't deliver on that. Their patreon goals literally stated updates would be faster once they hit certain financial goals, and that did not happen. People subscribe based on these promises and stipulated goals.

Dammed promised in this very thread (and on patreon) that update speed would be faster once they quit their regular jobs - not only did that not happen, development time increased/doubled in time. He also claimed early on they already quit their jobs, then their jobs were used later as an excuse for slow development. He also repeatedly promised more status updates, and until recently, didn't deliver on that either due to the most ridiculous of reasons. So ya, when people continue to support this game based on promises not delivered, then I'd say that qualifies as a scam...

deadremix

Jul 30, 2022
is it just me or there is no quickload but only a quicksave? how does that work?

also for harem path, how many of the girls are actually in the harem? can you have all? or only certain ones?

Last edited:

Saber1995

Jan 17, 2018
i get the updates take awhile but it is pretty good when it drops.. and remember its 3 paths they doing updates for and working on other games WHICH i wish they would pause and focus on this one sinces its clearly better

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes