Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
You forgot a pretty important word.

Allegedly

Until the update concretely is released a normal user simply can't judge.
Before that point it boils down to marketing and PR.
Possibly with a lie or exaggeration sprinkled in for good measure ...

The "worth the wait" window gets smaller with each passing hour of waiting.
If you'd get a present now you'd be pumped.
If you now get nothing but instead get the same (or slightly improved) present in 6 month you are ... less than stoked.
If you got promised the present for now you instead get pissed when you get it in 6 month ...

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
I have no problem at all with updates taking longer. I take issue with the developers lying about working full time nonstop on it when they've been working on other projects at the same time(they don't even try to hide it - besides his own game/patreon, Alorth has been allegedly involved in a number of adult games on this site as an artist mostly) and saying the updates are taking long because "muh superior quality".

I don't know how can anyone in his sane mind approve something like that. That's as immoral as it gets.

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
Great update. I really like the direction the story is going in and the Alita hanger at the end? Interesting.

Reactions: VOYEUR

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
Another funny thing I've read on their discord is SirD saying that there's data showing that they get more subscribers the faster they release the updates, that they could do that(release smaller, more frequent updates - as if they aren't small already for the development time) and thus earn more money, but they don't, again because of "muh superior quality".

I'm a businessman myself(I own multiple businesses and invest on stock market aswell) and the mantra in my "profession" is "time is money". Over the years I've learned to delegate duties and spend my time actually investing the money and that made me increase my profits way more than actually putting some elbow grease myself.

There's a popular saying "the more work you do, the less time you have to actually earn money". So yeah, what he said is bs(as is most of what comes out of his "fingers").

I'd believe it if he was DrPinkCake, but he knows this game will never be as popular as his if anything due to the themes alone and his time is better spent doing other things.

Reactions: PanchoPistolas33
Oct 22, 2017
When the game was first released I loved it. Went to Patreon to take a look.

Then I realized everyone involved had their own Patreon accounts on the side.
At that point, I decided that unless they were paid per update, no way in hell I would support this Patreon.

I get people not being happy if a dev alternates between different games if they don't like all of them.
But potentially paying multiple monthly contributions to a person that alternates, not just supporting them in general, but specifically based on projects they are known to not working on right then while also getting money for the projects they are working on - doesn't feel right.
For some time I supported some of them through their own Patreons because I liked their other projects too - but stopped doing so some time after because it felt! like none of their projects got updated on schedules that seemed worthwhile - especially compared to the update contents, or they were abandoned or got no satisfying endings.

I'm interested in the whole end result though, not some episodic stuff that gets canceled at the end of season 1 or 2 leaving everyone hanging, or is only good when consumed/looked at update by update. If the finale is not satisfying it sours what got you there.

I still like the game, but it's nothing I'm holding my breath for anymore - if there is some update at some point I'll play and enjoy it, but if no further updates come, I won't miss it. Which is pretty sad for what it could have been like.

Reactions: LSC82 and Jorjor69

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah I was really excited when this came out. It felt like it could be one of the best games on this forum and I think the potential is still there. But the devs have to actually release content to keep people interested in it. There are a shitton of adult games now and new ones keep coming out every week. The update they released was fine, but I don't think it justified the wait time. The quality of the renders and animation of this game are pretty good, but there are games with similar quality being released at much frequent rate. At the end of the day it's their game and they are the ones that have the most to lose if it doesn't succeed so I won't stress about it.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Question for anyone who's still a subscriber or follower on Discord...

Have they started the progress tracking/reports that Dammed said would come after the last update?

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Well, more to look forward to, I guess. I'm leaning towards Maddie more than either of the others, but not in a big hurry. As long as the slutty waitress remains an option I'm going to be just fine.
I think it's Grace (the mother) at the start of the game and not Olivia. They look alike.

Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
Well....shit. This game got me hooked and played with my emotions with the sad backstories and trying to make things work. Then I hop on here and see that development schedule ain't going so great. It's good that they're adding a progress tracker, but I think everyone who's had their fair share of experience with adult games should know that it may not mean anything (*cough* STS *cough*). Still, great game overall and hoping for its continued development.

Edit: Oof yeah just took a look at the time between releases on patreon...2 updates a year. Yeah I think I may have to put this one on the backburner and come back to it later on. Don't get me wrong, the quality of the game is really good, but I also feel mixed when I see a game releases an update maybe once or twice a year, especially when I've seen other developers release monthly. While the quality of the renders of those games may not be as great, I guess at this point in time I'm more interested in progress more than anything else.

Last edited:

armond

Apr 26, 2020
I had this idea where alison sleepwalks in op mc and olivia doing someting, and you can choose to stop or continue, if you continue you can ignore her, look at her while olivia does her thing, and of course she is nude. Just a scenario that came to mind.

• Haha
Reactions: DupeMe and Jorjor69
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes