dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
They "promised" 4-5 months but we're already past 3 months and from the progress report they're not even half-done. Don't count on an update before 6 months of dev (end of March)

Reactions: Chicha

cloudfw

Sep 11, 2017
They "promised" 4-5 months but we're already past 3 months and from the progress report they're not even half-done. Don't count on an update before 6 months of dev (end of March)
Basically this.
I really hope that they pick up their pace somewhat and we do get an update till the end of march.
From the games I am following I am beginning to get an impression that a substantial update every three to four months is quite sustainable, but a big update every six months is what many great games are successfully going with.
Rarer updates start to feel like the game in question is about to be abandoned.

Last edited:

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Basically this.
I really hope that they pick up their pace somewhat and we do get an update till the end of march.
From the games I am following I am beginning to get an impression that a substantial update every three to four months is quite sustainable, but a big update every six months is what many great games are successfully going with.
Why would a dev-team, currently also working at other projects, quit the single biggest money-maker--Radiant ?
Unless no more devving at all...

• Haha
Reactions: Tatsuya25

markmuller654

May 15, 2018
This comes from paying them on a monthly basis (Patron&Co.). The system rewards slow progress and they would be stupid to work faster. Best thing they can do is starting serveral independent projects and drag them out as long as possible while stringing their fans along with tiny updates.

cloudfw

Sep 11, 2017
This comes from paying them on a monthly basis (Patron&Co.). The system rewards slow progress and they would be stupid to work faster. Best thing they can do is starting serveral independent projects and drag them out as long as possible while stringing their fans along with tiny updates.
To be fair the updates are quite large.
Such an update every six months would be ok for me, but not once an year.

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
Why would a dev-team, currently also working at other projects, quit the single biggest money-maker--Radiant ?
Unless no more devving at all...
They already have their sheep giving them money no matter what, so their time is better spent doing something else, be it investing that money, working on other projects(like Alorth in Neko Paradise, for instance) or just using it for leisure.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
They already have their sheep giving them money no matter what, so their time is better spent doing something else, be it investing that money, working on other projects(like Alorth in Neko Paradise, for instance) or just using it for leisure.
I doubt sheep give money "no matter what".
The key node seems to be Discord. If a Dev can turn the Discord experience enjoyable for the sheep, they will keep flocking together. Off-topic discussions distract the fact that game updates are very few and very far between.
For those of us who don't do Discord, it's pay or be damned.

Tatsuya25

Feb 26, 2022
do discord all the day but no on that cat thread 2 bit piece of whatever can be called ,

max 1 min there to see as always that they go around and around and around on developer givin them excuse after excuse after excuse for no doing anything , and so 1.5 year went by now bet 5 months for next update? yeah best joke ever.

MILKED developer . 400 to 600 high definition renders now a days with that he is earning , SHOULD take 2 months at most , give 2 + for sake of it. BUT HE IS no down to earth oh souch VanGo or Davinci he think he is .

whatever NOTHING for news year no ? no even chrismas event ? we call something by its name , and if people can t call what this game is , well its up to they.

• Haha
Reactions: DanThaMan

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
I doubt sheep give money "no matter what".
The key node seems to be Discord. If a Dev can turn the Discord experience enjoyable for the sheep, they will keep flocking together. Off-topic discussions distract the fact that game updates are very few and very far between.
For those of us who don't do Discord, it's pay or be damned.
That's irrelevant though. The fact is that they already have that money for granted and are either earning more money by doing other things(like the ones I mentioned above) or just slacking off.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
That's irrelevant though. The fact is that they already have that money for granted and are either earning more money by doing other things(like the ones I mentioned above) or just slacking off.
You are making a huge assumption. Have that money for granted ? What purpose is served by all the wallpapers and all the time and bother to show up at Discord by the Devs ?
The thing about having an obsessive character ( I have one, too) is that it's relatively easy to switch from the current obsession to a newer one. Many patrons still want fresh fun one way or another.
The fact remains that doing the wallpapers/Discord is much easier than creating a high-quality VN.
What Devs do with their time is unknown and unknowable. Sort by results.

Vocal

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Basically this.
Hahah, yeah it's tough sometimes to keep the deadline and still make a great product in the end. I'm sure there are other different situations for other devs and their scheduling of how they do things, but creating something with quality takes could be time-consuming. The duration of it just depends on what type of setup you have and if you have a team with you.

It does suck with time for sure. I wish I could produce my stuff faster too, but I would have to sacrifice quality for it. I personally don't want a 5-minute gameplay update. I do think if it's the dev full-time job (if the money supports it), if you have the setup, you should produce your product faster. Especially with a team. Sometimes you get carried away and try new things, get into an writer's block, or lose motivation.

But some devs can do it faster than others. Some devs, unfortunately, are slower than others and that could be many reasons.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hahah, yeah it's tough sometimes to keep the deadline and still make a great product in the end. I'm sure there are other different situations for other devs and their scheduling of how they do things, but creating something with quality takes could be time-consuming. The duration of it just depends on what type of setup you have and if you have a team with you.

It does suck with time for sure. I wish I could produce my stuff faster too, but I would have to sacrifice quality for it. I personally don't want a 5-minute gameplay update. I do think if it's the dev full-time job (if the money supports it), if you have the setup, you should produce your product faster. Especially with a team. Sometimes you get carried away and try new things, get into an writer's block, or lose motivation.

But some devs can do it faster than others. Some devs, unfortunately, are slower than others and that could be many reasons.
With this set of Devs, it's less about the time it took and more about the communications and excuses (amongst them a sick dog and a brief time of crappy internet while vacationing in Portugal) for delay after delay after delay, coming after promise after promise after promise. But, hey - they provided a wallpaper for their Patrons each month! (Although I think that may have stopped around the one year mark.)

Unlike some other Devs, these guys didn't offer to suspend billing while they got their shit together - even a one month rebate would have been a good gesture considering the 14 months it took to produce what would have been a 4-6 month update from most other devs - especially those that have a team rather than a solo shop. They just kept making bank while working seemingly more diligently on other projects that also paid them while leaving this one as the step child that got no attention.

While we leeches got a little salty, it was the Patrons that were getting truly screwed, and I recall that the numbers fell quite a bit. Of course, these guys came back with "if we get to X,XXX subscribers/$$$$$ we can get it done faster!" Then made excuses when they missed their newest self-set deadline.

It's a good game with talented Devs, but their attitudes towards their consumers is pretty crap.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Well crap i was looking for a good game to be a patron to and i thought i found one till i read everybody's comments.
well then I guess you won't be a patron of any game lol, almost all "AAA" avn are updated once or twice a year, there are very few that are constantly updated (usually those that use honey select)

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes