connor1518

Apr 6, 2022
I liked the latest update over all but for a couple things. I hope the animosity between the sisters is resolved sooner than later and I hope it doesn't fall into the trap of adding too many side girls at the expense of the main ones. I'm not sure why Jade was thrown in but not needed. Also what was that with the MC whacking that kid over the back of the head?! I hope we don't find out later that he is an unstable psycho.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
I think that was done as a joke something like: "bonk go to horny jail"
Absolutely.
Comedy is much different than drama. Comedy tries for immediate effect, while drama is often heavily slowburn.
So far in Radiant, rather than resolve chaotic interactions with already seen NPCs, more and more NPCs are added to the mix.
Ain't complainin'. When I see a VN with terrific renders, the chances of seeing a stunning NPC--Jade!--are greatly increased.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I think the comedy is a miss in this game. The general tone is pretty serious, but then out of nowhere there are some attempts at comedy like "bonking" the kid.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
I think the comedy is a miss in this game. The general tone is pretty serious, but then out of nowhere there are some attempts at comedy like "bonking" the kid.
I think the comedy is the only part of Radiant I like, aside from the renders.
The Natalie scenes, Vanessa scenes, Brooke scenes (getting punched in the nuts by a precocious brat a bonus) were all worthy comedic writing.
A mixed bag with Beetle Glen Cole, because the IRL abuse of authority is no laughing matter for some of us.
The scene with "bonking" the kid brought no laughter. A WTF was that !?
The funniest scene came when Allison asks the MC if the two of them had already had sex with each other.
If you are saying there is not enough build-up before the punch-line, OK we can agree the comedy delivery could be better.

welk

Oct 3, 2019
Due to the delay in updating the game, I formatted the PC and lost all SAVES from the 3.2 version.
I think many here are having the same problem and not willing to play from the beginning.
Someone would have the save files to share.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
"But hey, maybe I'm just the weird one, I've never claimed at all that I am the "normal" or "gold standard" or anything like that. I recognize I am probably in the minority, but like I've said, I can only speak for myself and why I don't really understand it"

Looks like I've already addressed this. Welp.
Looks like I'm late to the party here, and also looks like quite a few of the other attendees at the party got drunk before responding and threw a whole lot of shade and even a little bit of hate as drunks often do.

Firstly, Everyone here has a right to their own opinions. dude has been a member here for like 2 months and barely has 5 posts down. I've seen guys who've been members for 3 years complain about NTR in games that were clearly tagged that way. So telling a New Member he shouldn't complain because it's tagged, is ridiculous. This site is shit about explaining things to new members. It's all trial and error/ figure it out as you go here. then add on top of that the fact that he didn't actually get the game from here. Just wow. The good news for kjj308 is that there are actually plenty of non-incest games on this site as well.

Now secondly, some have made a blanket statement along the lines of that, no one here is wanting to do their family. that's probably true for a majority, not for all though. I have actually seen a guy in another thread complain about how long the dev was dragging out the slow burn between family members by saying that it took him way less time to seduce and bang his own sister IRL. So yeah, there are some out there who are fantasizing about exactly that.

For myself, and probably many others as well, It's not the thought of our own actual relatives that we find interesting in games that have an incest element. rather, it's the taboo of the subject mater that is entertaining. Personally, my sister, she's overweight and not physically attractive in my view, so when I play a game where the MC finds himself living with a hot step-sister, I am not thinking of reality in any way. Also, I have no daughters, nor will I ever as a result of prostate cancer. So this particular game has no relationship to reality for me, but there is still the element of the taboo nature of the relationship between the characters that is intriguing. Do you enjoy movies like the Italian Job? Where a group of "criminals" wins in the end? Why? does it mean you are going to rush out and commit crimes, or is it the taboo?

Jorjor69

May 8, 2020
Looks like I'm late to the party here, and also looks like quite a few of the other attendees at the party got drunk before responding and threw a whole lot of shade and even a little bit of hate as drunks often do.

Firstly, Everyone here has a right to their own opinions. dude has been a member here for like 2 months and barely has 5 posts down. I've seen guys who've been members for 3 years complain about NTR in games that were clearly tagged that way. So telling a New Member he shouldn't complain because it's tagged, is ridiculous. This site is shit about explaining things to new members. It's all trial and error/ figure it out as you go here. then add on top of that the fact that he didn't actually get the game from here. Just wow. The good news for kjj308 is that there are actually plenty of non-incest games on this site as well.

Now secondly, some have made a blanket statement along the lines of that, no one here is wanting to do their family. that's probably true for a majority, not for all though. I have actually seen a guy in another thread complain about how long the dev was dragging out the slow burn between family members by saying that it took him way less time to seduce and bang his own sister IRL. So yeah, there are some out there who are fantasizing about exactly that.

For myself, and probably many others as well, It's not the thought of our own actual relatives that we find interesting in games that have an incest element. rather, it's the taboo of the subject mater that is entertaining. Personally, my sister, she's overweight and not physically attractive in my view, so when I play a game where the MC finds himself living with a hot step-sister, I am not thinking of reality in any way. Also, I have no daughters, nor will I ever as a result of prostate cancer. So this particular game has no relationship to reality for me, but there is still the element of the taboo nature of the relationship between the characters that is intriguing. Do you enjoy movies like the Italian Job? Where a group of "criminals" wins in the end? Why? does it mean you are going to rush out and commit crimes, or is it the taboo?
Finally, a voice of REASON, a rare commodity in this thread! :)(y)

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
So, tell me, when you play Grand Theft Auto, you fantasize about stealing and killing people? Or when you play Counter Strike, do you fantasize about being a terrorist and planting bombs?

Who in their right mind would fantasize about killing people?

Maybe, just maybe, people playing a game are not fantasizing about doing what the character in the game does but in real life?

I dont know, just a thought
For me, I'd rather read a story without the incest tag, but sometimes it's fun to try to rationalize what events would lead to it... the apocalyptic themes and changing social mores of Hot Sands of Antarctica or Now & Then... the "convenience" of the step relationships in Chasing Sunsets and Sunshine Love... or the absurd comedy within Grandma's House. Then there's some understandability like with the cousin in Bare Witness, but I'm really just enjoying stories and character renders.

Maddison is hot as hell, but I don't look at her as a daughter. I'm reading this one because the characters are gorgeous and the story is interesting enough so far. And I never fantasize about my own family. It's just not my thing. The story is supreme for me. If it makes sense to, I'll patch a novel so I don't have to read, "landlady" a million times. Otherwise, I'm not interested in shoving a square incest block in a round, unrelated hole.

As you say, most of us are just reading smut and not inserting our real life into it alongside ourselves.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes