Handy Dean

Jun 10, 2019
Well thy make a New Update This Year?
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, that's hard to tell these days lol
Realistically speaking they will probably, well maybe, finish the rest of 0.5 in the next month(s) but with all the bullshit excuses and the money still coming in although they're basically on a permanent vacation - uuhhh sorry I mean chronically ill, writhing in excrutiating pain and anguish on their deathbed - there is not a chance 0.6 will drop this year.

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
You quoted about $1,000 USD or thereabouts - for a wallpaper. That sounds unreasonable to me.

I can understand fans who would pay $50 - $100 for some Very Hi Def (8K, for example) wallpaper of one particular hot fantasy image but not $1,000 USD.
I have seen on some patreon page (don't remember which one) $1000 for custom scene. But for wallpaper?

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I have seen on some patreon page (don't remember which one) $1000 for custom scene. But for wallpaper?
I could see that, especially if the dev was willing to make a non-canon scene (X # of renders and Y # of animations) but 1 wallpaper seems far-fetched. Looking at your banner VNs, I don't know that $1,000 would be enough for a decent non-canon scene due to perceived impact on the brand.

Cheers! :coffee:

Hellraezer

Feb 13, 2018
There comes a time when one needs to evaluate one's priorities. Do I sit awaiting a drop from this Dev. Then if it comes is it worth the wait to begin with. Unless the Dev can put out a minimum of 500-600 renders per update every 3-4 months its a Dog chasing it's tail always in sight but never in reach. I don't want to hear excuses, nor do I care about how badly John Q. Public is getting fleeced. It's a question of your time and how valuable is it to you. Only you can decide that. I'll come back in 6Mo. to a year, but I'm not wasting my time on this anymore.
So you're not wasting your time on something that you never paid for, nor put in any effort in its creation? You talk about wasting your time, yet what have you actually done to correct that? Nothing. Just like every other outlet that offers free content, there's always somebody who isn't happy unless every need of theirs is catered to, regardless of them putting one, single ounce of effort in its creation. They just want want want and never give a thought about give give give.
You really don't understand what it takes to create content, otherwise you wouldn't be so anal about the "stipulations" you try to impose on the creator. It'll be ready when it's ready, and your complaining it isn't arriving when YOU want it to is not only selfish, but ignorant as well.
Truly pathetic, some people are.
Instead of crying over not getting exactly what you want, why not spend a little effort in helping the creator with faster delivery since that's all you seem to care about?
Let's try that for a change, shall we?

Last edited:

Hellraezer

Feb 13, 2018
I think that is fair to point out when devs are doing things that can be perceived as scummy, like still having a patreon page active for a game that has been abandoned for 3 years. But at the end of the day if you don't like the way the devs are doing things you can just stop supporting them. If you're not giving them money then just enjoy the updates when they come out, you're not losing anything.
My reply to that commentor was a little more hard edged than yours, but pretty much said the same things. I really hate it when people complain about content they don't even contribute to. You see it on Pirate Bay all the time. Leechers that don't do anything but complain about the content they aren't even paying for.
Like you said, if they are unhappy with the content, instead of complaining all the time about it, just stop creator support. That's the most effective way to stop shady practicioners, be it movies, music, or games. Don't support, don't contribute and above all, don't complain, especially when it's free.

Reactions: scooman

Hellraezer

Feb 13, 2018
Quick question, how many games have Dev actually created and completed? I asking about Dammed in particular.
I only know of 2. Poxxxxty and this one.

I'm starting to think it's not simply laziness but he does not know how to proceed with the story and game.
In both instances, they started off strong but with each subsequent updates became generic teenage fantasies.
Look at Radiant. I'm willing to bet most of the hype and $$$ came in off of chapter one. Well written, touched the right feels buttons and promised something deeper than the college/highschool guy fantasies.
Unfortunately, each subsequent updates since has been about every woman MC meets wanting to fuck him on the spot. No relationship development, simply fuck at first sight. The setups are totally ridiculous too. It's now after only a few updates, a generic teenage fantasy.
I think dev realizes this but has no idea how to proceed.
If you've ever tried creating a VN yourself, you can understand the fact that content creation, especially content that is ongoing, (like a monthly installment of a VN) is a life-consuming project. Every waking moment is spent creating that content.
Sometimes, people need to take a step back from the constant workload and BREATHE a bit. Sometimes they return with new content, and other times, they just give up on an overwhelming task that they know they've bitten off more than they can chew.
Then we have the consumer who does nothing but complain about content not being output in an expedient manner. Imagine being one of those creators who spend every waking moment creating something a lot of people enjoy, and decide you need a break, but there are hundreds of people who scream "WHRE'S MY NEW CONTENT?" and then start talking trash about you because you aren't delivering when THEY want you to deliver.
This is free content, after all. I don't understand how so many people can be so narcissistic sometimes.

Reactions: sickqt

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
So you're not wasting your time on something that you never paid for, nor put in any effort in its creation? You talk about wasting your time, yet what have you actually done to correct that? Nothing. Just like every other outlet that offers free content, there's always somebody who isn't happy unless every need of theirs is catered to, regardless of them putting one, single ounce of effort in its creation. They just want want want and never give a thought about give give give.
You really don't understand what it takes to create content, otherwise you wouldn't be so anal about the "stipulations" you try to impose on the creator. It'll be ready when it's ready, and your complaining it isn't arriving when YOU want it to is not only selfish, but ignorant as well.
Truly pathetic, some people are.
Instead of crying over not getting exactly what you want, why not spend a little effort in helping the creator with faster delivery since that's all you seem to care about?
Let's try that for a change, shall we?
Well for the first year I supported this Dev financially... You just assumed I didn't have any skin in the game is that it. Why all the rage in your comments .I said what I was going to do, never once belittling the Dev. I explained my criteria for support for any project not just this one. You said it will be ready when it is ready, well,,, that's obvious. I said that I would check back latter in 6 months or so. Your verbose verbal vomit caused me to reply so that's what caused my return for comment. And the comment about the dog is spot on, If you say otherwise you are being disingenuous.

Hellraezer

Feb 13, 2018
Well for the first year I supported this Dev financially... You just assumed I didn't have any skin in the game is that it. Why all the rage in your comments .I said what I was going to do, never once belittling the Dev. I explained my criteria for support for any project not just this one. You said it will be ready when it is ready, well,,, that's obvious. I said that I would check back latter in 6 months or so. Your verbose verbal vomit caused me to reply so that's what caused my return for comment. And the comment about the dog is spot on, If you say otherwise you are being disingenuous.
I've already explained why I'm pissed. Maybe you didn't read my entire comment? Everything is explained there.

Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
If you've ever tried creating a VN yourself, you can understand the fact that content creation, especially content that is ongoing, (like a monthly installment of a VN) is a life-consuming project. Every waking moment is spent creating that content.
Not in this case.

Look at the date this thread was created and look at how many updates have released. If every moment was being spent creating content for the game, don't you think we'd be a bit farther along by now? People laugh at how long the updates take because of the constant delays and excuses that come with them (the fact that the story has objectively gotten worse doesn't help things either).

Defending devs who have a history of poor work ethic is just as silly as complaining about how long it takes to get free content.

Hellraezer

Feb 13, 2018
Not in this case.

Look at the date this thread was created and look at how many updates have released. If every moment was being spent creating content for the game, don't you think we'd be a bit farther along by now? People laugh at how long the updates take because of the constant delays and excuses that come with them (the fact that the story has objectively gotten worse doesn't help things either).

Defending devs who have a history of poor work ethic is just as silly as complaining about how long it takes to get free content.
You ever make a VN before? How about experience the time it takes to render quality images? Depending on your setttings and the complexity of the image it can take upways of 24 hours to render a single image. Moreso for animations. So, don't hand me that BS about "We'd be bit further along..."
I'm defending content creators in general, and defacing those who think it's so easy to create 500-600 QUALITY images in 3-4 months. You really have no idea of the process or even have a clue what you're talkiing about. I've created content before, (an avid DAZ3D user for 6-years now) and understand that sometimes a series of images just don't turn out as planned and you have to scrap an entire day's work and start over. So, please, just set aside your ignorance for a moment and look at the OTHER side of the coin.
How about writing a story? Writing RENPY code? Playtesting? If a creator is doing most if not all the work themselves, it can even take longer to publish compelling content.
I feel like you just don't get it, and calling me silly for getting frustrated at the ignorance of some in the community, is just hypocritical thinking.

Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
You ever make a VN before? How about experience the time it takes to render quality images? Depending on your setttings and the complexity of the image it can take upways of 24 hours to render a single image. Moreso for animations. So, don't hand me that BS about "We'd be bit further along..."
I'm defending content creators in general, and defacing those who think it's so easy to create 500-600 QUALITY images in 3-4 months. You really have no idea of the process or even have a clue what you're talkiing about. I've created content before, (an avid DAZ3D user for 6-years now) and understand that sometimes a series of images just don't turn out as planned and you have to scrap an entire day's work and start over. So, please, just set aside your ignorance for a moment and look at the OTHER side of the coin.
How about writing a story? Writing RENPY code? Playtesting? If a creator is doing most if not all the work themselves, it can even take longer to publish compelling content.
I feel like you just don't get it, and calling me silly for getting frustrated at the ignorance of some in the community, is just hypocritical thinking.
Well, it's a good thing there are two of them to split the work; one for renders/animations, and one for story and code.

You're absolutely right that I don't have the knowledge to create a VN myself, but I never claimed it was easy. All I can do is compare how much content they release in a given timeframe compared to other game devs, and that comparison tells me they're a bit on the slow side.

For the record, I never said your frustration was silly. I said defending devs with a history of poor work ethic was silly.

In an effort to keep this post somewhat on topic: has anybody heard anything about the full release of 0.5 recently?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
As a Poser and Daz user of over 20 years....24 hours for a render? Hahahahaha....you using a win 95 laptop there dude...for fucks sake man.

Also, Damned only does the code/writing....so what's your excuse in defending that? Damned literally does the simplest and quickest aspect of this VN. Alorth doesn't seem to have an issue with time working for Perveteer...

Jus sayin' ;)

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
SYNCOPHANT

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
As a Poser and Daz user of over 20 years....24 hours for a render? Hahahahaha....you using a win 95 laptop there dude...for fucks sake man.

Also, Damned only does the code/writing....so what's your excuse in defending that? Damned literally does the simplest and quickest aspect of this VN. Alorth doesn't seem to have an issue with time working for Perveteer...

Jus sayin' ;)
I could see that being the case in some very large resolution (4k or more) or extremely complex renders (lots of caustics, transparencies, lots of glass or other things like that), large number of characters, but let's be honest that is not the case with Radiant. So yeah no, 24 hours for a render isn't gonna happen. It's only animations that are time consuming and even there there are some tricks to speed things up significantly.

Reactions: Maviarab

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
In an effort to keep this post somewhat on topic: has anybody heard anything about the full release of 0.5 recently?
Nope. I checked his discord the other day and he’s been silent over there too.

he’s even behind on the monthly wallpaper. So I wouldn’t be expecting anything soon unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: Solaris33

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I know you are making valid points and I know that those who don't want to listen to anything that does not match the noises in their echo chambers are going to bash you for it.

Sir Damned does not help his case - while he has every right to enjoy his life and play whatever games he wants - posting about it using his dev name only adds to the fuel for those complaining about the lack of production speed/output.

Everyone deserves time away from work (including everyone who posts, uses F95) and if someone is bedridden (or close to it), a laptop is still a great way to entertain oneself while, hopefully, healing.

So - Radiant -

What chapter did you like best?

Do you have a favorite triplet or path and, if you'd care to share - why?

I like the first chapter the most because of the way it grabbed me and pulled me into the story.

While Gracie is my favorite - she is quite literally my dream girl.

Maddie is currently my least favorite of the triplets, but I also recognize that she has also been the most difficult to deal with (and that she also currently best represents the dark path choices we can make and see come of the consequences of those choices now).

I am curious how the MC will handle anyone who is elevated to girlfriend status with the triplets, especially if he is not on the love path with each of the 3 triplets.

Of all the remaining women, Natalie is the most intriguing to me.

While she said that she has forgiven the MC, she has pursued him and he Does owe her (having accidentally killed her child and, it seems, her marriage as well).

I'm not sure if she really knows what she wants - another child, a relationship, healing through understanding the MC...

I am looking for more world building as we learn the back stories of the other women (Natalie, Mira, Brooke) as well as learn more about what drives each of the triplets.

While we are waiting for more Radiant to drop, I am off to enjoy some of the many other creations available here on F95.

Cheers! :coffee:

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Nope. I checked his discord the other day and he’s been silent over there too.

he’s even behind on the monthly wallpaper. So I wouldn’t be expecting anything soon unfortunately.
Well, he probably needs a month to render that, according to some here....

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes