virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Can't wait for this thread get updated with a beautifull and colorfull abandoned tag in the next 3 days
A few months ago, a self-described "action person" posted he would like to see someone snitch the Dev out to Patreon to get Radiant removed. He was heavily flamed for that suggestion. Rightfully so, IMHO, because hurting the Dev at the price of killing Radiant for all us players sucks ass.
Now, you, in a slightly less severe form, are basically advocating for the same thing. Not cool.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
A few months ago, a self-described "action person" posted he would like to see someone snitch the Dev out to Patreon to get Radiant removed. He was heavily flamed for that suggestion. Rightfully so, IMHO, because hurting the Dev at the price of killing Radiant for all us players sucks ass.
Now, you, in a slightly less severe form, are basically advocating for the same thing. Not cool.
If someone is responsible for "killing" this game to players, are the devs and no one else. They were the ones who put this game in this situation and let things go downhill like it were. The blame is 100% on them.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
If someone is responsible for "killing" this game to players, are the devs and no one else. They were the ones who put this game in this situation and let things go downhill like it were. The blame is 100% on them.
It ain't over til it's over. All i'm saying is to be less "eager" to say it's over when many players in our community
are hoping--yes, illogically--that it ain't over. I personally have had many greater disappointments IRL, so...

btw, all these many abandoned games are not 100% on the Devs. Patreon introduced an absurd (for supporters)
system whereby a subscriber may well receive precious few subscriptions simply by being rebranded as a "patron". Without the need for continuous work on a project, since even the non-delivery of content (game update) is pre-paid with no refunds, a Dev-team can crumble for many reasons.
So it's the Patreon system (recurring payment charges) most to blame. Also Devs if they abuse the system further. SirD is a very notable abuser. I can't find it in me to blame long-time game supporters because they are obvious victims.

• Sad
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I don't hope for Any dev to get the abandoned tag, even if their creation is one I would never play.

An abandoned tag is just that though- a tag.

IF the Dev gets his act together and starts creating and publishing new content (finish the existing CH and then move forward), the tag will go away.

Tag or not, I'm off to enjoy other creators on F95 until/if we get more content.

There are a number of Very good AVNs that have received updates in the last two weeks.

Cheers!! :coffee:

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Listen, I gave up on seeing another Radiant update on October 12. Took a break from this thread.
Following past update clues, I was actually expecting an update by September 11 (no update has dropped later than the 11th of a month). Ok when that came and went, still there was a chance for October 11 (because of unknowable reasons for the September whiff). Now, I agree with the logic but disagree about voicing it which seems too disrespectful to the wishers and hopers in this thread.
But posters are talking as if they would like to stick on the Abandoned tag themselves. Really?!
Have a little empathy for players who are more emotionally involved/immersed.
If/when the Abandoned tag arrives, we can do a post-mortem. But for now, jumping the gun is not cool.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Listen, I gave up on seeing another Radiant update on October 12. Took a break from this thread.
Following past update clues, I was actually expecting an update by September 11 (no update has dropped later than the 11th of a month). Ok when that came and went, still there was a chance for October 11 (because of unknowable reasons for the September whiff). Now, I agree with the logic but disagree about voicing it which seems too disrespectful to the wishers and hopers in this thread.
But posters are talking as if they would like to stick on the Abandoned tag themselves. Really?!
Have a little empathy for players who are more emotionally involved/immersed.
If/when the Abandoned tag arrives, we can do a post-mortem. But for now, jumping the gun is not cool.
Empethy for delusional fools? Disrespectul to people still hopeful? Not sure if you're being serious or having a laugh with this post in all honesty...

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I agree that reporting them is dumb, but the devs are the ones killing the game. Even though people are always complaining here, we actually want the game to be successful, but for that to happen the devs have to actually work on the game.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Empethy for delusional fools? Disrespectul to people still hopeful? Not sure if you're being serious or having a laugh with this post in all honesty...
Quite serious. As a writer, I can easily be not-serious. Thank you for asking.
The "delusional fools" are who hold the Patreon system together.
Are not hardcore pirates delusional to think that they can enjoy a free ride forever?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I get the impression that there is a curse on these games with teenagers. How many beautiful games in terms of rendering have ceased to exist. I hope someday there will be an "Arthur" who will create a good game to the END.
The last two years - especially the last one - have been rough for the whole gaming industry. Too many products, and in the case of small teams too big ambitions. People do not spend as much for nonsense as they used to. It's not going to get better anytime soon, probably becomes worse in 2024. And a lot of stuff is coming from eastern countries. and we know that that situation is a big fuckup. There was one website I know of that stopped their work because their members had to fight on both sides in the ukrainian war.
And last but not least some devs might have been sick for real or worse, who can tell?

Two of my favorite adult VNs I put a lot of hope in seem to have gone, maybe two more.

I think it's really because we see here a bunch of amateurs at work. They have only a vague idea for their game or story and then go with the flow, make changes according to the whining of supporters. That's not how you produce games.

I supported over 35 games on Kickstarter, all got finished, even if two were quite disappointing and a third dev threated every non-steamler like dirt, left backers who claimed the game on gog (and of course all the other gog customers) with a game breaking bug he never bothered to fix.
When you go to such a platform, you need to have a plan for your game, need to have a script, need to have estimates how long what willl take. Because based on that you need to calculate the costs for your game and try to raise money.
Then you are on your own, you don't easily get new funds to extend production, you need to work and get the work done in time or you won't be able to pay your rent. No whiny fans ask for more heels or whenfuckmom or whatever. Also releasing one finished game instead of episodes allows by far more elaborate storylines and riddles.
I prefer that sort of financing model a lot more. But sadly the whole adult VN industry is working with subscriptions one way or another.

Last edited:

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
It ain't over til it's over. All i'm saying is to be less "eager" to say it's over when many players in our community
are hoping--yes, illogically--that it ain't over. I personally have had many greater disappointments IRL, so...

btw, all these many abandoned games are not 100% on the Devs. Patreon introduced an absurd (for supporters)
system whereby a subscriber may well receive precious few subscriptions simply by being rebranded as a "patron". Without the need for continuous work on a project, since even the non-delivery of content (game update) is pre-paid with no refunds, a Dev-team can crumble for many reasons.
So it's the Patreon system (recurring payment charges) most to blame. Also Devs if they abuse the system further. SirD is a very notable abuser. I can't find it in me to blame long-time game supporters because they are obvious victims.
Not really, Patreon is crowd funding. People pay to support a project with few if no garantee.

If there are people to blame for the absurdly long time developers take to deliver updates. It is the pigeons who keep financing those bad habits by paying for renders and no longer regularly update of the game.

Because of people like them wasting money each month for nothing, they are the reasons why developers no longer work on their game. Can't blame them, why would you work when you got free rent from people who are too retarted to unsubscribe after a year. But I can blame the pigeons who promote this attitude.

Last edited:

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Not really, Patreon is crowd funding. People pay to support a project with few if no garantee.

If there are people to blame for the absurdly long time developers take to deliver updates. It is the pigeons who keep financing those bad habits by paying for renders and no longer regularly update of the game.

Because of people like them wasting money each month for nothing, they are the reasons why developers no longer work on their game. Can't blame them, why would you work when you got free rent from people who are too retarted to unsubscribe after a year of nothing. But I can blame the pigeons who promote this attitude.
(y) Total Agreement like it's just mind boggling that the support isn't dropping more than it is down only few hundred

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017

Because of people like them wasting money each month for nothing, they are the reasons why developers no longer work on their game. Can't blame them, why would you work when you got free rent from people who are too retarted to unsubscribe after a year. But I can blame the pigeons who promote this attitude.
Again, it ain't mainly the Devs. They have been handed an enormous "sweet spot" by Patreon and other recurring payment rentiers. This system was devised by the middle-men payment processors, not the Devs.

I really can't see a practical alternative. If all players were to go the tip-jar route--as I do--revenue would be way down. Piracy is already a huge problem and would just rise. Far fewer AVNs would be that future.
I don't know the ins and outs of how a Dev-team shares revenue. But if there exists mainly a gig economy, most contribtors (others than main Devs) would actually have to do work for pay. The main Devs would then have to spend a lot of time just assembling a newish set of gig-workers for each game update. Huge and potentially project ending problems.
So, the only viable solution I can see is to go a mini and monthly update route. Something similar already occurs with many other types of Patreon content-creators. If players are "lucky", ~6 mini-updates would equate to a full update. The other major plus would be Dev-teams would actually have to put in more continuous work.
For those of us who contribute little, as I do, or nothing to criticize the long-term paying supporters is nuts.
Call them simps, call them naifs. So, even if I agree logically, so fucking what? But only a system that produces profit for the House (Patreon et al.) will be viable. Without this very small (most players are pirates after all) high-paying group, there would be no AVNs.
The present arrangement is a sweet spot for pirates, too. But all non-pirates would like that changed.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PaxHadrian17

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
Again, it ain't mainly the Devs. They have been handed an enormous "sweet spot" by Patreon and other recurring payment rentiers. This system was devised by the middle-men payment processors, not the Devs.

I really can't see a practical alternative. If all players were to go the tip-jar route--as I do--revenue would be way down. Piracy is already a huge problem and would just rise. Far fewer AVNs would be that future.
I don't know the ins and outs of how a Dev-team shares revenue. But if there exists mainly a gig economy, most contribtors (others than main Devs) would actually have to do work for pay. The main Devs would then have to spend a lot of time just assembling a newish set of gig-workers for each game update. Huge and potentially project ending problems.
So, the only viable solution I can see is to go a mini and monthly update route. Something similar already occurs with many other types of Patreon content-creators. If players are "lucky", ~6 mini-updates would equate to a full update. The other major plus would be Dev-teams would actually have to put in more continuous work.
For those of us who contribute little, as I do, or nothing to criticize the long-term paying supporters is nuts.
Call them simps, call them naifs. So, even if I agree logically, so fucking what? But only a system that produces profit for the House (Patreon et al.) will be viable. Without this very small (most players are pirates after all) high-paying group, there would be no AVNs.
The present arrangement is a sweet spot for pirates, too. But all non-pirates would like that changed.
Those who can make a change are the patrons. The system is simple, if after 6 months (an absurd amount of time) with no significative update/work. The developer lost a sizable amount of his supporters then he would regularly update his game. This isn't the case. He doesn't update his game, yet his revenue stays the same. So, why would he work?

Those people don't help anyone, they destroy projects. They abuse the Patreon system. We go from AVNs to render/report company and the pigeons are happy about it otherwise they would simply unsubscribe with one click.

They are not the victims, far from it. They are the ones responsible for the situation. Not the Patreon system or developers, but the ones who approve of this endeavor via their wallet.

As long as there are pigeons wasting money each month for the strict minimum with some render/report then the developers will keep producing the strict minimum.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes