TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah, it's definitely all about perspective. As I see it, if we were talking about moral corruption, he wouldn't give a rat's ass about some random kid, when keeping her parents as clients would be a lot more profitable, plus he wouldn't have to worry about someone finding out what he did. That's why I said his morality is more twisted than corrupted. I don't know. I'm not saying that the end justifies the means, but I can't say that someone is corrupted just because he did something "illegal", when he didn't do it for personal gain.
I don't see corruption to be about personal gain, for me corruption is when an external factor changes the base of a being, like, someone who's nature is not to kill becoming a killer, and it can have the opposite effect as well, but in the end, is still corrupting what you were, and changing into something else, of course, all of this only applying when it is not of your own volition.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I don't see corruption to be about personal gain, for me corruption is when an external factor changes the base of a being, like, someone who's nature is not to kill becoming a killer, and it can have the opposite effect as well, but in the end, is still corrupting what you were, and changing into something else, of course, all of this only applying when it is not of your own volition.
Ok, I get what you mean. I have a different view. For instance I wouldn't call a parent killing their child's rapist corrupted. (That's not very different with what we saw so far from the MC, because killing Roxanna's abusing parents doesn't make him a serial killer or something. We don't have any indications that he ever did anything similar.) I associate corruption with someone being dishonest, abusing power, bribing or extorting people etc. to gain more money and/or power. Of course like you said the MC is a lawyer and he might have done a lot of shady shit, but I'm only talking about what we've seen, and the only "bad" things we saw him doing (besides the obvious) was trash talking the kids who were bullying Roxanna and throwing his cheating (?) girlfriend out of the house. I'm sure his new job will affect him, but I wouldn't call him corrupted just yet. A bit of an asshole maybe, but even that is written in a funny/entertaining way.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Yeah, it's definitely all about perspective. As I see it, if we were talking about moral corruption, he wouldn't give a rat's ass about some random kid, when keeping her parents as clients would be a lot more profitable, plus he wouldn't have to worry about someone finding out what he did. That's why I said his morality is more twisted than corrupted. I don't know. I'm not saying that the end justifies the means, but I can't say that someone is corrupted just because he did something "illegal", when he didn't do it for personal gain.
I've got to agree : personal gain isn't linked with corruption the way it's used in these games... political corruption and so on is purely about seeking benefits, or avoiding downsides.
But not here, corruption of ones morality is what this is about, can a sociopath be corrupted in that sense? Not really since their morality is deformed from the start.
I would argue that the mc isn't being corrupted since they don't seem to show regret for having gone against some sense of morality.
(I will play the game from the start next time though, since I'm not sure anymore if the MC shows remorse)

Reactions: TundraLupus

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I would argue that the mc isn't being corrupted since they don't seem to show regret for having gone against some sense of morality.
Well, if we go with the site's tag list
Corruption: Corrupting someone's mind robbing them of their purity/innocence
so you've got a point there.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Ok, I get what you mean. I have a different view. For instance I wouldn't call a parent killing their child's rapist corrupted. (That's not very different with what we saw so far from the MC, because killing Roxanna's abusing parents doesn't make him a serial killer or something. We don't have any indications that he ever did anything similar.) I associate corruption with someone being dishonest, abusing power, bribing or extorting people etc. to gain more money and/or power. Of course like you said the MC is a lawyer and he might have done a lot of shady shit, but I'm only talking about what we've seen, and the only "bad" things we saw him doing (besides the obvious) was trash talking the kids who were bullying Roxanna and throwing his cheating (?) girlfriend out of the house. I'm sure his new job will affect him, but I wouldn't call him corrupted just yet. A bit of an asshole maybe, but even that is written in a funny/entertaining way.
I've addressed corruption in my last post, so got to disagree, since in our case it's not the general definition imo. There is corrupting someone, being corrupt, and to be corrupted by someone/something.
And throwing his cheating (?) girlfriend out like that isn't alright... Might be an understandable reaction but is a bad deed.
And whether it makes him a sociopath or a "bad dude/hombre" just gives some depth to the character, he might wake up at some point with regret or struggle with decisions at some point.

Though it's funny his behaviour with Aika/Aiko (sry :oops:), fucking her before announcing she's fired is obvs a joke but does give information about the MC being the sociopathic corrupter

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Haha had no clue there was an offical tag description... NTR tag here I come

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah, I think the killing part came out wrong, as I mentioned, I don't have a problem with it and don't consider it corruption really since the character obviously doesn't either, I meant that in a societal point of view, as I said corruption to me is something that changes your own code of morals.

I've got to agree : personal gain isn't linked with corruption the way it's used in these games... political corruption and so on is purely about seeking benefits, or avoiding downsides.
But not here, corruption of ones morality is what this is about, can a sociopath be corrupted in that sense? Not really since their morality is deformed from the start.
(I will play the game from the start next time though, since I'm not sure anymore if the MC shows remorse)
I agree with you, but as I said before, it comes down to what the author's view of corruption is, normally in these games they have a societal standpoint, as in, you would be corrupted by doing stuff that goes against the collective sense of morality.

Reactions: galora and eddie987

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
If we go by that it wouldn't make sense for the Mc then, he is neither pure nor innocent, not in the devil's eyes on in front of human law, so I'm guessing Red Rocket has a different definition? Or maybe the character is pure/innocent in other ways, but I'm doubting that.

Reactions: HansDampf788

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Also now I'm curious to know about the whole mythos of this game's universe, is the god of this universe Yahweh, or are there multiple gods? (although according to the bible there are multiple gods Yahweh is just more powerful, and the creator of the Hebrews) Or is more like DnD, where there are Devils working with contracts, Demons that rein in chaos, Celestials who are pretty much the gods bitches? Or something completely new?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: galora and eddie987

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Won't go too far with the argument since half the thread is an NTR discussion instead of being, as it should, pure adulation of the dev...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Also now I'm curious to know about the whole mythos of this game's universe, is the god of this universe Yahweh, or are there multiple gods? (although according to the bible there are multiple gods Yahweh is just more powerful, and the creator of the Hebrews) Or is more like DnD, where there are Devils working with contracts, Demons that rein in chaos, Celestials who are pretty much the gods bitches? Or something completely new?
Interesting thought! do you mean Yahweh in the not so benevolent god sense?

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Interesting thought! do you mean Yahweh in the not so benevolent god sense?
Well, it's complicated, if we are talking about the one in the bible, then yes, but there are so many different variations that it gets muddy, but since the bible is the supposed holy book that dictates its reality, the yes the not so benevolent one.

Reactions: galora

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Won't go too far with the argument since half the thread is an NTR discussion instead of being, as it should, pure adulation of the dev...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Most people (myself included) were annoyed because you had a forced sex scene with her after that, and not because she sucked Bob's dick, but if anyone even mentions the 3 letter fetish a war is bound to break out.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Most people (myself included) were annoyed because you had a forced sex scene with her after that, and not because she sucked Bob's dick, but if anyone even mentions the 3 letter fetish a war is bound to break out.
Yeah, I already had this dialog so I'm all about not restarting it, but, the forced sex scene, as much as I didn't like it, it made sense so I didn't complain, and actually saw very fell complaints about it, most were complaining that after seeing the Bob scene they didn't want the character anymore and wanted it removed so they could bang her, or at least some of the loudest voices.

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
I'm usually against NTR or anything similar to it where another hot female is being sexual to a male besides the MC, it personally makes me jealous. Soooo I played this game (Rainy Day), got to that part with Bob, and I actually hella enjoyed it. The whole scene was well scripted. hell, I even made MC join in.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
I'm usually against NTR or anything similar to it where another hot female is being sexual to a male besides the MC, it personally makes me jealous. Soooo I played this game (Rainy Day), got to that part with Bob, and I actually hella enjoyed it. The whole scene was well scripted. hell, I even made MC join in.
I agree, I hate NTR but here it was hot (fetish locator kinda open my mind to some kinks gotta admit).
And in that sense I don't mind RedRocket redoing the scene, should only get better xD

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Yeah, I already had this dialog so I'm all about not restarting it, but, the forced sex scene, as much as I didn't like it, it made sense so I didn't complain, and actually saw very fell complaints about it, most were complaining that after seeing the Bob scene they didn't want the character anymore and wanted it removed so they could bang her, or at least some of the loudest voices.
Yeah I shouldn't have posted, as if asking not to answer will prevent the debate from starting again :FacePalm:

• Haha
Reactions: eddie987

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I don't think anyone asked for her to be removed entirely, but I might be wrong. At least I don't remember seeing anything like that in the comments. Just a couple of rants about that scene (or the one with the ex) being NTR and mostly people wanting to be able to avoid her. For me, like I said before, I just don't want any forced relationship with her, romantic, sexual or whatever it may be. Again that scene has nothing to do with NTR no matter what definition you take, but for me, watching a woman with someone else is a turn off and I don't want to do anything with her after that. It's as simple as that and I've seen more people feeling the same way, than talking about NTR. The dev said they're making an alternative scene because they want people to be into her. It would be easier and less time consuming (we've already talked about that) to make the sexual interactions with her avoidable, but it seems that it's important for the dev to have people liking her.

4.70 star(s) 57 Votes