galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Well, it's complicated, if we are talking about the one in the bible, then yes, but there are so many different variations that it gets muddy, but since the bible is the supposed holy book that dictates its reality, the yes the not so benevolent one.
Exactly what I meant, (and the interpretation I prefer, I mean life sucks and if it's the "fault" of a benevolent being then fuck them, if we are made in their image they should be flawed to a certain degree).

And I can't wait (I'm guessing Red Rocket might not have a clear view of that aspect of the story?), but we should be able to infer more from how his job for the devil goes

Reactions: TundraLupus

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I'll expand the lore, but later. All I can say for now is that there is the devil and God (one), but they are not what you expect... or maybe you do.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Awesome, can't wait, although I'm an atheist I love seeing how different people use the mythos of our world and make their own.

• Red Heart
Reactions: galora

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I don't think anyone asked for her to be removed entirely, but I might be wrong. At least I don't remember seeing anything like that in the comments. Just a couple of rants about that scene (or the one with the ex) being NTR and mostly people wanting to be able to avoid her. For me, like I said before, I just don't want any forced relationship with her, romantic, sexual or whatever it may be. Again that scene has nothing to do with NTR no matter what definition you take, but for me, watching a woman with someone else is a turn off and I don't want to do anything with her after that. It's as simple as that and I've seen more people feeling the same way, than talking about NTR. The dev said they're making an alternative scene because they want people to be into her. It would be easier and less time consuming (we've already talked about that) to make the sexual interactions with her avoidable, but it seems that it's important for the dev to have people liking her.
Let's just not get into it again. Although my point is in that "whatever it may be", because she is a main character in the story, so as I said I understand the dev's pov and yours too.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Exactly what I meant, (and the interpretation I prefer, I mean life sucks and if it's the "fault" of a benevolent being then fuck them, if we are made in their image they should be flawed to a certain degree).

And I can't wait (I'm guessing Red Rocket might not have a clear view of that aspect of the story?), but we should be able to infer more from how his job for the devil goes
Yeah, we are in the same page there, and that is without even getting in the whole premise if the whole thing is true or not, another thing that I love about these games, the empirical prove, no faith needed, you literally met a devil/demon and a shapeshifter.

• Love
Reactions: galora

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Moving away from yet another NTR war, I want to get back to the corruption talk.

You guys might be thinking too deeply about it really. Even the most evil mother fucker has room to get more corrupted. Less inhibition. Less boundaries. Physical transformations. In the case of the MC, he is very much a grey character. No qualms about killing some assholes. Talks shit to kids lol. Got a sex relief secretary. But what anchors him is his genuine love and affection for the daughter. I imagine the corruption will start out with small things that are part of the soul business. The line that shouldn't be crossed is the relationship with the daughter. If he crosses it, that is when he truly falls. If he treats her like a sex object. If he disregards her well being and such. If he "mind breaks" her. This is probably one of the ending sequences since the repercussions and impact of such a decision is too huge.

Also, I'm thinking the scene where Zaida looks at MC and see all black is an indication that he has no soul right now? She said she can see the lifespan of people based on the strength of the glow of their soul or something like that. It's possible that without a soul, he just slowly loses his morality.

Maybe this is too much speculation though heh.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Moving away from yet another NTR war, I want to get back to the corruption talk.

You guys might be thinking too deeply about it really. Even the most evil mother fucker has room to get more corrupted. Less inhibition. Less boundaries. Physical transformations. In the case of the MC, he is very much a grey character. No qualms about killing some assholes. Talks shit to kids lol. Got a sex relief secretary. But what anchors him is his genuine love and affection for the daughter. I imagine the corruption will start out with small things that are part of the soul business. The line that shouldn't be crossed is the relationship with the daughter. If he crosses it, that is when he truly falls. If he treats her like a sex object. If he disregards her well being and such. If he "mind breaks" her. This is probably one of the ending sequences since the repercussions and impact of such a decision is too huge.

Also, I'm thinking the scene where Zaida looks at MC and see all black is an indication that he has no soul right now? She said she can see the lifespan of people based on the strength of the glow of their soul or something like that. It's possible that without a soul, he just slowly loses his morality.

First, about the Zaida scene, it is explained that she can see how much time someone has by how strongly their energy glows, or something along those lines, the mc being pure black it means he doesn't have much, or it could be because he already died once, so he is more of a blank slate.

The corruption thing, if things really go the route that you are saying I have no interest in it, so it shouldn't be forced, the fewer inhibitions and fewer boundaries thing is something we have touched upon before and is more on the realms of being corrupt in compared to the moral standing of society, and normally is what is meant by corruption in these games, some times with physical transformation or powers sprinkled in, but the discussion was mostly in my part because I was really curious about how people view corruption, and we were speculating how the author views it.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019

Well we moved away a little bit from the game. The topic is quite interesting, and I agree with everything you said here, I'm guessing somehow that Zaida will have some kind of moral internal conflict at some point depending on how the MC might change in either the direction of good or evil.

Also, I'm thinking the scene where Zaida looks at MC and see all black is an indication that he has no soul right now? She said she can see the lifespan of people based on the strength of the glow of their soul or something like that. It's possible that without a uniquesoul, he just slowly loses his morality.

What else can we do? It's a cliffhanger basically, she talks about aura in the game but of course there's a link to the soul in almost any interpretation of aura.
I like the idea of his lack of aura playing a role in his corruption, but I can imagine there being a more physical reason for this. Aura should be about natural death causes, according to the game. But I don't have any idea that holds up in my mind to propose... For now;)

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
First, about the Zaida scene, it is explained that she can see how much time someone has by how strongly their energy glows, or something along those lines, the mc being pure black it means he doesn't have much, or it could be because he already died once, so he is more of a blank slate.

The corruption thing, if things really go the route that you are saying I have no interest in it, so it shouldn't be forced, the fewer inhibitions and fewer boundaries thing is something we have touched upon before and is more on the realms of being corrupt in compared to the moral standing of society, and normally is what is meant by corruption in these games, some times with physical transformation or powers sprinkled in, but the discussion was mostly in my part because I was really curious about how people view corruption, and we were speculating how the author views it.
If I remember correctly after the introduction with Bob, he asked Zaida if she's sure that he (the MC) is the right one, or something along those lines, so there might be another reason for the "darkness" and his "zero fucks given" attitude in general. Don't forget that he can also see her naked, when he's not supposed to be able to.

Reactions: juan palote

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019

I'm guessing you mean forced as in no internal struggle? Because if you have that I would be very much happy, mind break is kind of the case where it's forced upon the victim but if the MC has strong reservations about actually going through with it and the victim slowly gets corrupted all the while fighting back. Generally this type of behaviour is badly written or at least stereotypically, and I believe for now dev will be able to do this in a way I will enjoy.
If that is what she wants to do!

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
If I remember correctly after the introduction with Bob, he asked Zaida if she's sure that he (the MC) is the right one, or something along those lines, so there might be another reason for the "darkness" and his "zero fucks given" attitude in general. Don't forget that he can also see her naked, when he's not supposed to be able to.
I'm attributing most of his abilities for the fact that he died, like, completely and was brought back, and the reason why Bob wanted him probably was his personality as it was shown in the game that they hire mostly socio and psychopaths, so his sociopathy or as you put it "zero fucks given" might be a good addition to the company, also he was a lawyer so he knows how to swindle people and make contracts that will fuck you over, I'm betting he is not the only one hired in this sense as Bob is probably trying to get a better position in the company.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I'm guessing you mean forced as in no internal struggle? Because if you have that I would be very much happy, mind break is kind of the case where it's forced upon the victim but if the MC has strong reservations about actually going through with it and the victim slowly gets corrupted all the while fighting back. Generally this type of behaviour is badly written or at least stereotypically, and I believe for now dev will be able to do this in a way I will enjoy.
If that is what she wants to do!
I meant forced as in the player input would be mostly: "fuck her brain badly, or very very badly" kind of situation. Also if it took player agency away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
I'm attributing most of his abilities for the fact that he died, like, completely and was brought back, and the reason why Bob wanted him probably was his personality as it was shown in the game that they hire mostly socio and piscopaths, so his sociopathy or as you put it "zero fucks given" might be a good addition to the company, also he was a lawyer so he knows how to swindle people and make contracts that will fuck you over, i'm betting he is not the only one hired in this sense as Bob is probably trying to get a better position in the company.
Is that it? I mean she can heal fresh wounds, but bring back people to life? She should be able to help the daughter then

Reactions: The ArcKnight

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
I meant forced an in the player input would be mostly: "fuck her brain badly, or very very badly" kind of situation. Also if it took player agency away.
Yeah alright with you on that, I'd prefer the more subtle "fuck her brain badly, and make the player feel bad about it" or "love her a keep taking care of her, and at some point marry her and have a dozen children with her" :ROFLMAO:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I'm attributing most of his abilities for the fact that he died, like, completely and was brought back, and the reason why Bob wanted him probably was his personality as it was shown in the game that they hire mostly socio and psychopaths, so his sociopathy or as you put it "zero fucks given" might be a good addition to the company, also he was a lawyer so he knows how to swindle people and make contracts that will fuck you over, I'm betting he is not the only one hired in this sense as Bob is probably trying to get a better position in the company.
Yeah, but Zaida shouldn't be that surprised if that's a common thing. She's several hundreds years old so if that's something new to her, there must be something bigger behind it.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Yeah I thought about it too, the whole scene in the office seems to be the revelation that he is somehow special, without Zaida knowing exactly why. Maybe because he was brought back? idk

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Yeah, but Zaida shouldn't be that surprised if that's a common thing. She's several hundreds years old so if that's something new to her, there must be something bigger behind it.
Bigger for sure but at the same time what else could it be? For now it's the only thing that makes sense.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Never said it was common, even being that old maybe she never saw anyone that was resurrected, it might be rare.

4.70 star(s) 57 Votes