eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
eddie987

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know. I try to keep my main playthrough as neutral as possible, but I have different saves with only the "best" or "worst" choices, because I'm curious to see how the MC will end up in each of them, but tbh I couldn't stomach playing that scene, so I just skipped the crap out of it. The low karma path is getting really dark!

Reivax7227

Jul 25, 2020
When you say rape, do you mean in case we choose to make her unknowingly suck the Mc's dick or is there another path that I didn't see? I played both but that one made me uncomfortable.
No, it can be worse.

If you get her really drunk, she passes out and you can straight up penetrate her. She'll realize it and you force her to comply by blackmailing her.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Edit: I misunderstood Eddie987 as one of the writers of the game. My fault, just wanted to make that clear.
Hey man, I respect that, and I respect that and the game looks great despite that. My issue stems from "just that sentence". Just that sentence is enough. It's the difference between cutting your finger and cutting your whole hand off. Do I respect that you wrote it? Yeah, but do I also see that it's completely contrived/unnecessary? Yes. Just to be clear, it's a plot device that's valid to use, but it's NOT necessary. It's also NOT necessary to kill the guy. In fact, if the rapist was responsible for abusing his daughter, putting her in a wheelchair and filling her life with misery, i think that is enough to justify murdering him. I hope that when you wrote "just that sentence" that you weighed heavily on what it means and the difference between responses. Again, I might be in the minority, so far be it from me to chastise you for making a "mistake" but this is the shit that stops people from playing your game. It stopped me. Just my thoughts.
It was necessary to kill the guy. It was also necessary to tell that bitch of a mom to eat a bag of dicks. I would've preferred killing her at the same time as that piece of shit though.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
No, it can be worse.

If you get her really drunk, she passes out and you can straight up penetrate her. She'll realize it and you force her to comply by blackmailing her.
Wow, that went dark, wow, okay, not gonna even try and get that scene, already uncomfortable with the one I can see( to an extent)

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Hahaha, my bad. You said "just wrote that sentence" so I thought you might be a ghost writer instead of Red. Once again, My apologies. Also, don't get me wrong, I understand why the Dev did it, I just think it's cheap if they just wanted justification for an action.
Again, I'm with you. This whole messy episode I caused by my question, it's actually my fault, I tried to search for good stories while hoping to avoid dark shit, and I end up finding it anyway. Oof.
No worries, I get it. I meant the sentence I wrote in the comment you were replying to. Look, some characters have been through some shit in this game, but from the moment you "take over" you get choices about pretty much everything, so it's up to you to choose the direction you're going.

Reactions: Larry2000

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
It was necessary to kill the guy. It was also necessary to tell that bitch of a mom to eat a bag of dicks. I would've preferred killing her at the same time as that piece of shit though.
Oh yeah, I get you, I'm not saying the dev shouldn't have. I'm talking about a story writing perspective. I only had a problem with the lazy rape add on. I mean, it could have been implied at least. Oh well.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I haven't played the new but I thought that the MC killed both of them.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
No worries, I get it. I meant the sentence I wrote in the comment you were replying to. Look, some characters have been through some shit in this game, but from the moment you "take over" you get choices about pretty much everything, so it's up to you to choose the direction you're going.
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna go back to playing more VN's my level. My New Family here I come! I'm finishing up Update .15 and I think, SHOCKER, the MC is gonna fuck another member of his family!
:giggle:

Reactions: eddie987

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Oh yeah, I get you, I'm not saying the dev shouldn't have. I'm talking about a story writing perspective. I only had a problem with the lazy rape add on. I mean, it could have been implied at least. Oh well.
Thing is, if the dev had let us end it totally, then that whole talk about the rape wouldn't have been necessary. Or if the dev REALLY wanted it added, fine, but, give us a choice at that time to end it all. But, apparently he wanted even more drama.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Sorry for that. Everyone has been talking about it. Didn't mean to spoil anything.
Don't worry, if I wouldn't want to know things like this I wouldn't read the posts. I just thought that when the MC shot the father that he would have shot the mother as well, didn't think he would let her live.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Don't worry, if I wouldn't want to know things like this I wouldn't read the posts. I just thought that when the MC shot the father that he would have shot the mother as well, didn't think he would let her live.
Right? I felt the same way. I even thought it until this update.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
tundralupus

eddie987

I usually play nice routes but I knew about the scene in the dark route and wanted to see it but once I saw it I went back to the old save and did the nice boy route. I don't have a evil route save file.
true, but what made me uncomfortable was that it didn't start consensual, although it became so, she wasn't aware that she would bee giving him a blowjob when the game started, she was blindfolded, inebriated and obviously inexperienced, again it became consensual and she was into it after, but it started wrong for me.

Classy_Turtle

Nov 2, 2018
Hey Red, at this frame it seems there is text missing or didn't fit the dialog box.

Anyway, I'm actually enjoying the game, even if the MC is an ass, I just love the humour and the renders, especially that gorgeous redhead ;)

Best of luck and as usual, too short.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I will go on record that I hate rape being used as a character motivation in a story.
Its old, its tired, and it just pisses people off rather then punctuate a deeply sad emotional moment.
I hated the dad and felt justified in killing him when he just beat his child enough to cripple her for life!
Why did we need to throw rape on top of it??? Leave Best Girl alone!

It makes me wonder, was the Dev just trying to stop people from wanting to fuck Roxana?

Don't mind me though, I'm just grouchy at the sever lack of virgins in this story. :p

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Red Rocket, wow, you copypaste my comment in your game! I'm honored, truly, it's something unexpected.
2 and half months later since my last comment here, today I played current version of your game. Due to karma I was forced to start from the beginning and you know, I don't regret that. It's like playing totally different game with a story that you know something of. Well, I used karmic impact mod (thanks, nicestgamer) but mod was like some guide for me, not a ready path, I chose options I like (not my fault I like options that give me karma, not sustract it) with two exclusions in first four episodes, the first, I like Violet and just can't say I'm not interested, and the second, for that unlucky MC's killer broken arm is a light but totally deserved punishment, I'd say disability like spinal injury or mutilated arm is much more justified.
As I already said, it's like I played "Rainy day" for a first time. With my choices I see no sadism in MC's actions, he's more like LN than NE (I talk about alignment, please, excuse old D'n'D player). Maybe in "dark path" there's that sadism, but that's not my cup of tea. New episodes (4th and 5th) don't look so short as previous 3 and it means more dark (but light) humor, captivating story with plot twists and interesting characters.
Though I can say it's not only roses and rainbows (or something like that, I don't know precise expession in English), 5th episode starts just like your first ones, MC suddenly accepts blowjobs from Zayda and threatens people around him, you even give karma for slapping a woman. Throughout the episode it smoothes out but still it looks like four episodes are parts of one game and 5th episode was made as a fan continuation, where fan prefers much less karma approach.
I don't get why you added rape to list of sins of Roxana's father, his murder was justified enough and rape of a child looks excessive and out of character (using daughter as beating doll is one thing, rape with pedophilia is totally another).
I can make some suggestions and I hope you'll say nothing whether I am right or wrong. It's what I deduced from story and I can be totally mistaken. After all, all you said "it's my kink". Anyway, its beneath spoiler.
We see how MC is decieved. Then we see that there's double deceive. And I remember Korean "Oldeuboi" (or American version "Oldboy"), too much in similarity.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HansDampf788

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
hmmm just saw Red's post about "Bitch squad" game on patreon...i suppose keep expectations low? hope for the best and prepare for the worst kind of deal? it just seems like female protags are always risky when it comes to devs switching games. especially since so few are succesful. even more so when you got multiple protags. buuuut im jumping the gun so now all i can do is wait. and maybe be pleasantly surprised.:unsure:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
hmmm just saw Red's post about "Bitch squad" game on patreon...i suppose keep expectations low? hope for the best and prepare for the worst kind of deal? it just seems like female protags are always risky when it comes to devs switching games. especially since so few are succesful. even more so when you got multiple protags. buuuut im jumping the gun so now all i can do is wait. and maybe be pleasantly surprised.:unsure:
Well I would not say they are not successful considering the glut of them we have. Just it is that 99% of those games are female protagonist in rapetown and she gets easily corrupted or you have no action at all in game. I suspect there is a market out there for a strong female protagonist that is not just a victim, but a hero like Lara Croft for example.

Just unless a dev also wants to attract a bisexual audience, I hope you will not see same as in most male protagonist games and if harem have all the males suddenly be Bi and have sex with each other first part of the game to set up the heroine's harem for later part of game as we see in way to many male protagonist harem games with all women being bi or lesbian. :p

4.70 star(s) 57 Votes