Numa_Cway

Jul 9, 2019
I have no problems with games being delayed but I would have wished for a small update why/until when.
Radio silence on patreon is not a good sign. Hope everything is alright with RR.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
Yeah I hope she is ok, looks like she just freaked out.. again. Honestly I think if creating the game/interacting with people (including situations when she cant deliver on time, I mean her patrons wont ostracize her for that) takes a toll on her mental health she should just shut it down altogether, 400$ a month isnt worth it.

Mar 9, 2021
Yeah I hope she is ok, looks like she just freaked out.. again. Honestly I think if creating the game/interacting with people (including situations when she cant deliver on time, I mean her patrons wont ostracize her for that) takes a toll on her mental health she should just shut it down altogether, 400$ a month isnt worth it.
Consistency is the key here, there's loads of $ to grab out there, all she needs is to stick around and deliver like she did till now, if at all she is serious about this profession that is.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
While I tend to agree with what you're saying you don't necessarily have to shut down your Patreon.
You can also just pause payments while taking a break and resume them when work on the game picked up again.
yeah, pretty much, sort everything out, then think twice if you are ready to give it a second chance so you wont get burned out again, and then if the answer is yes - revive it.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Patron's don't pay for a game. Patrons contribute to someone because they see value in so doing. They aren't buying anything. They are literally giving someone money to do with as they please, from working on a project to buying rounds at the bar. Developers who accept patronage are not being paid to do a job, they are accepting gifts. There are any number of examples of developers who accept substantial patronage and produce very little, if any, content for long periods of time. Yet their patrons continue to give. Clearly those patrons are not paying for the update(s), but are satisfied to continue contributing for their own reasons.

Any expectation by a patron that they are paying for a game is solely their own. One exception is paying for specific deliverables, like custom renders. In that case the developer contracts to provide a specific benefit for a given contribution. Otherwise the developer is NOT paid for their work.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
Patron's don't pay for a game. Patrons contribute to someone because they see value in so doing. They aren't buying anything. They are literally giving someone money to do with as they please, from working on a project to buying rounds at the bar. Developers who accept patronage are not being paid to do a job, they are accepting gifts. There are any number of examples of developers who accept substantial patronage and produce very little, if any, content for long periods of time. Yet their patrons continue to give. Clearly those patrons are not paying for the update(s), but are satisfied to continue contributing for their own reasons.

Any expectation by a patron that they are paying for a game is solely their own. One exception is paying for specific deliverables, like custom renders. In that case the developer contracts to provide a specific benefit for a given contribution. Otherwise the developer is NOT paid for their work.
Yes technically thats a donation, but realistically thats a job, and patreons are paying for that job. Its the same as if in real world you would do freelance, or maybe if your boss wouldnt give a fuck what you do (if you are occupied on neat government job for example) would that mean that he donates money to you? No that would mean he is just being dumb with his spendings. Same here, in the end of the day the only connection between me or any other patron and patreon dev is his work, Im not paying him because I like him, Im paying for work, some patrons could be more liberal and forgiving (its quite an artsy sphere in the end, you cant expect the same result over and over) some not, but you wont find any other connection between them.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Yes technically thats a donation, but realistically thats a job, and patreons are paying for that job. Its the same as if in real world you would do freelance, or maybe if your boss wouldnt give a fuck what you do (if you are occupied on neat government job for example) would that mean that he donates money to you? No that would mean he is just being dumb with his spendings. Same here, in the end of the day the only connection between me or any other patron and patreon dev is his work, Im not paying him because I like him, Im paying for work, some patrons could be more liberal and forgiving (its quite an artsy sphere in the end, you cant expect the same result over and over) some not, but you wont find any other connection between them.
Since you agree that technically it's a donation, you can't turn around and call it a job because it suits your argument.
The dev is unaccountable to the patron.
The patron can not direct the dev's work or product. They can request or suggest, but they have no authority over the dev.
Other than cases like custom renders, there is NO form of contract between the patron and the dev, so your freelance example doesn't apply.
So by any definition of employment traditional or contractual it is NOT a job. The dev does NOT work for the patrons. Period.

Perhaps your only sense of connection with the dev is work product, but for all you know someone supports the dev because they find their posts, comments, discord entertaining. Maybe the dev has encountered challenges in his/her life and the patron feels sympathy or empathy for the dev and wishes to help. The list of reasons that someone decides to become a patron are as varied as humanity itself. You speak only for yourself. Don't presume to speak for all patrons.

Last edited:

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Perhaps your only sense of connection with the dev is work product, but for all you know someone supports the dev because they find their posts, comments, discord entertaining. Maybe the dev has encountered challenges in his/her life and the patron feels sympathy or empathy for the dev and wishes to help. The list of reasons that someone decides to become a patron are as varied as humanity itself. You speak only for yourself. Don't presume to speak for all patrons.
Let's be real,that's going to be such a small percentage of people as to be irrelevant. At least in the Adult VN world.

There's a reason Devs come and ask people to support their WORK. Why do you think they give updates,and status reports It's an unwritten compact between player,and dev.

I give you money,you keep working on that thing I like.

Reactions: genthrow

NunyaBiznez

Jan 31, 2020
You speak only for yourself. Don't presume to speak for all patrons.
Anyone else check the notifications, come to this thread hoping for an update/ information about an update only to find long winded gibberish from people who can't follow their own advice?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Let's be real,that's going to be such a small percentage of people as to be irrelevant. At least in the Adult VN world.

There's a reason Devs come and ask people to support their WORK. Why do you think they give updates,and status reports It's an unwritten compact between player,and dev.

I give you money,you keep working on that thing I like.
Okay. While I'm sure you believe that, have you any data to support your assessment of the percentages involved?
Of course you don't. Because there is literally no basis to assess why people contribute to others without accountability. There are numerous examples of developers who enjoy massive levels of patronage who deliver very little in terms of updates.

You speculate as to why patron support a dev, I do not. You may give them money because you choose to BELIEVE they are working on what you like, but you have NO accountability. You HOPE that is how they use your contributions, but they may well be buying rounds at the pub. You choose to believe that there is an "unwritten compact" despite the dozens perhaps hundreds of of contrary examples.

As I have said, there are many truly honorable committed devs who do not abuse their patronage. God love them. Sadly, with no accountability supporting a dev is a roll of the dice. You delude yourself if you think differently.

Reactions: wakkawalla

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Okay. While I'm sure you believe that, have you any data to support your assessment of the percentages involved?
Of course you don't. Because there is literally no basis to assess why people contribute to others without accountability. There are numerous examples of developers who enjoy massive levels of patronage who deliver very little in terms of updates.

You speculate as to why patron support a dev, I do not. You may give them money because you choose to BELIEVE they are working on what you like, but you have NO accountability. You HOPE that is how they use your contributions, but they may well be buying rounds at the pub. You choose to believe that there is an "unwritten compact" despite the dozens perhaps hundreds of of contrary examples.

As I have said, there are many truly honorable committed devs who do not abuse their patronage. God love them. Sadly, with no accountability supporting a dev is a roll of the dice. You delude yourself if you think differently.

Your trying to move the goal posts. I'm not talking about what devs do with your money. I'm talking about why people support Devs.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019
This game has routes - karmic routes.
Is she your delicate flower?
Do you see her as a dedicated whore?
Choose your karma and enjoy the scenes that cater to that character design.
Were you able to get that scene? I tried both the good and bad boy approach and it still cuts before any action happens when Violet comes out of the shower.

EDIT: Nevermind. It seems I just needed to make a different choice on one particular scene. Thanks.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 57 Votes