bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Red Rocket was supposed to release two weeks after Oct. 31st, wonder what happened there :unsure:

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
As I understand it, the author was tired of this project, she wanted to put it on pause and start making a new one. But her audience did not appreciate it and spoke very negatively about the new project. This greatly hurt her feelings and ... she's gone. Draw your own conclusions.
That's not really true, it started with Red thinking she isn't making enough money with the game. She then started to make another completely different game with multiple female protagonists (one is a LI from Rainy Day) so she probably lost some of her previous supporters because the new game didn't interest them and it slowed the development of the game that did interest them down.

The feedback to her starting a new game wasn't too positive because of previously mentioned reasons, so she stopped visiting this site and now both games didn't have an update for over half a year so it's likely that both are abandoned.

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019
That's not really true, it started with Red thinking she isn't making enough money with the game. She then started to make another completely different game with multiple female protagonists (one is a LI from Rainy Day) so she probably lost some of her previous supporters because the new game didn't interest them and it slowed the development of the game that did interest them down.

The feedback to her starting a new game wasn't too positive because of previously mentioned reasons, so she stopped visiting this site and now both games didn't have an update for over half a year so it's likely that both are abandoned.
It's a shame because Rainy Day is one of the games that I truly liked. And I say this as someone who doesn't like 3DCG games at all.

Невзор

Jul 8, 2017

Unfortunately, this is not the first and far from the last such case. I have noticed many times that the authors of successful games, for one reason or another, abandon the project, thanks to which they gathered fans for the sake of a new project. And often, a new project is not interesting to fans, as it is made in a different genre or a different style. As a result, the authors quickly lose their fan base and, disappointed, stop making games. For example, I don't play games where the main character is a girl, such games are not interesting to me. That's why I didn't rate the new Red's project. Although I really liked Rainy Day and I subscribed to her Patreon. But after the information about the freezing of this project and the start of a new one, which I am not interested in, I unsubscribe. So I think you're completely right.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Unfortunately, this is not the first and far from the last such case. I have noticed many times that the authors of successful games, for one reason or another, abandon the project, thanks to which they gathered fans for the sake of a new project. And often, a new project is not interesting to fans, as it is made in a different genre or a different style. As a result, the authors quickly lose their fan base and, disappointed, stop making games. For example, I don't play games where the main character is a girl, such games are not interesting to me. That's why I didn't rate the new Red's project. Although I really liked Rainy Day and I subscribed to her Patreon. But after the information about the freezing of this project and the start of a new one, which I am not interested in, I unsubscribe. So I think you're completely right.
I'm with you on the no interest in fem protag games. I think the two big problems with Red developing two games were that the updates were short and already took a long time to make before she started with the second game and that Zaida who is at least in my opinion a LI in Rainy Day became one of the main characters in the other game.

Franky28

Oct 4, 2020
Bonjour a tous ! Un grand merci pour ce jeu, enfin un jeu intelligent. L'histoire est vraiment bien, les graphismes sont bien réalisé, les flash back sont réussis. Beaucoup de sentiments dans ce jeu. la petite fille en fauteuil m'a touché.
L'intervention de votre personnage est sympa. Ne laisser pas les commentaires diriger votre jeu.
Petit regret de scène au milieu du jeu, un petit menu "histoire annexe" aurait été mieux. Bref un détail.
J'ai beaucoup apprécié ce jeu. Voici la traduction en français.

Hello to all! A big thank you for this game, finally a smart game. The story is really good, the graphics are well done, the flashbacks are good. A lot of feelings in this game. The little girl in the wheelchair touched me.
The intervention of your character is nice. Do not let the comments direct your game.
Small regret of scene in the middle of the game, a small menu "side story" would have been better. In short, a detail.
I really enjoyed this game. Here is the French translation.

Reactions: Aelgwenn

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Mod's will just reject request, :KEK: I don't see any reason why, but I don't see any updates in the near future
yea they tend to do that (on this and others), maybe they have more info than we have and don't share it.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Has anyone tried to continue this work? or is it somehow punishable?)
The developer gat sick of the agitation here by the unceasing complainers and left the thread and F95. The developer did NOT abandon the game. As long as the developer is responsive here, on Patreon, Subsrcibestar, or Discord, etc F95 won't classify the game as abandoned. I don't follow those other information sources, but since the thread isn't marked as abandoned, I ASSume the dev is active on one or more of those channels.

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I'll never understand why people are always in such a hurry to get an abandoned tag slapped on a game. Like that will somehow bring closure to them. I hope Red Rocket will return at some point an continue developing her games. Both games were really fun and different from a lot of what you see on this site. I don't know if it is health, mental health or lack of support that is causing the hiatus. Either way my best wishes for you Red whether or not you get back to it at some point. :)

4.70 star(s) 57 Votes