DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
I was always under the assumption Rance was a pure harem series, but I can see there is definitely potential for the girls getting raped by others??? Is it like NTR or?
Is the rape NTRable?
As far as I know, there is no NTR.

There are 2 kinds of Rape scenes.
1.) Girl gets raped before she met Rance (that is no NTR, just rape). After that Rance arrives, he kills every bad guy, he saves the girl and then he fucks her. Sometimes he rapes her himself when she doesnt want to have sex. LOL

2.) Bad ending rapes.
Those bad endings are like "you lost the fight, you died, a girl gets raped by bad guy".

djoal

Sep 3, 2019
i never played a rance game is it that good? i need to try... i need to start by the first one or there is no link at all with any episode?

jajangnoel

Jan 11, 2019
I was always under the assumption Rance was a pure harem series, but I can see there is definitely potential for the girls getting raped by others??? Is it like NTR or?
what i learned from part 7 and 8, the only girl that rance care deeply about is sill (pink hair sex slave that he always bullies), so even if other girls fell into bad guy's trap, mostly he didn't know about it and/or didn't care. he mostly only thinks about himself, defeating his enemies, and rapes every woman he met. so basically you will play as one of the worst human beings but he keeps getting away from consequences because he is absurdly strong for a human. so why was he popular? because most of it happens in a comedic way. a lot of rapes happen because the females failed on killing him or doing bad things like human experiments.

and most (or maybe half) of ntr happen in bad endings so mostly they are not canon event

Enishiiz

Jul 1, 2020
I bought this last night. Fun so far. Typical Rance. Seems a bit more linear then previous Rance games I've played but still pretty high quality. A shame no voices though. Not surprising since it's a 2014 game I guess. Anyone know if Rance 10 has voices?

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Pure harem? my good friend Rance series are a dark fantasy, just to give a few examples:

-Rance VI is all about the discrimination done by mages against non mages, to the point that some of the games enjoy some very sadistic games in which they torture, kill and rape normal people, but later on you even add the demon army that even did more evil than the mages could do.

-Sengoku Rance has girls that are romancable that depending on the route they literally die in a really messed up way or characters are raped.

-Kichikuou Rance is the most messed up out of all Rance games, a game in which because of Rance's actions some girls could end up in a mindbreak status and it of course had a lot of pain and suffering.

The world of Rance series isn't kind at all, but it doesn't go the NTR route, it's more like being in a really messed up world, but it has many sweet moments and kindhearted stories.

Reactions: Uglyb4stard

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
oh my sweet summer child, Rance is anything but a "pure harem", in short words; the world of Rance is ruthless...a lot of heroines have been raped in the canon story, which generaly end up with Rance going on a killing spree and giving him another motivation asides from dicking more girls.
Yeah and in general, japanese games (and the Rance series) don't follow the stupid rules literally invented by some people on this site, there is no "strict" delimitation between harem and other genres: Even if Rance's aim is a giant harem and even if he usually doesn't like to share the girls he fancies, some girls still get fucked before or after meeting him (for story reasons), sometimes willingly sometimes not. I even remember one or two girls he found annoying (enemies in boths case if I remember well) that he simply left to be raped by guys, but to be fair he didn't care about them (the daughter of the noble mage in Rance 6 and the idol in Rance 7).
It seems in Rance 9 it's just avoidable bad endings (according to the people above, i still didn't play the game), but usually there's this kind of stuff. It's just that it's not the focus, most of the scenes are about Rance, but the creators still aren't like "oh no we mustn't put this single scene in the story because some ultra sensitive players in the west might be inconfortable about it".

Reactions: crugh2112

LksLight

Feb 18, 2022
OH MY GOD! I've been waiting for this for YEARS! So, so many years.... Can't believe it's finally here!

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
no we mustn't put this single scene in the story because some ultra sensitive players in the west might be inconfortable about it".

• Netorare [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]

So basically according to site rules it's NTR if it's "designed to cause jealousy", so if the game should have the tag or not depends on intent of said scenes.

4.50 star(s) 19 Votes