DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
The main issue with Sengoku was the game engine and code was a fucking nightmare, so maybe that will make things going forward a bit better at least with Quest Magnum.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Yup just showed up on Mangagamer site 12th Sept 2019 $34.95
So glad this is real, just ordered my hard copy of Evenicle yesterday, can't wait for this to hopefully sell well so I can continue my Alicesoft collection and get physically. Will probably be either the same price like they did Evenicle hard copy or about 40 like the Rance VI + 5D hard copy.

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
Can't wait for SR to officially release either. Yeah I've played it plenty of times due to the great fan translation but have no problem buying it officially so I can own it. What I'm really waiting for is Rance X, but that probably won't be for a while. That game is pretty damn complex though so I have no illusions of it coming any time soon. I played it in Japanese and got by well enough but my Japanese isn't great and X is pretty text heavy.

At the end of the day I'm just stoked to finally be able to build a physical collection of one of my favorite series.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Guys you seem to have a far better overview over this series than i ever had. Do you think that mangagamer is making the success of the remakes of rance 01 and 02 resposable to be licensing the 03 remaster?

I found it weird that as far as vndb is concerend every rance game has a mangagamer tba tag aside form the 3 remake.
I would gguess alice soft would to do remakes for both 4 games as well, so maybe they wait for them to do that first?
Anyway i decided to wait until i know about the first three games to start with the series once more.
The one rance game i played for a short amount of time a few years ago was sengoku rance, which is the 7th game overall, right?

Anyway my question is how much time do you think will it take for the first three to be out? I have not much expiriece with manga gamers schedule, all i ever played form them was out by the time i gotr to it. This is the first time im actively waiting for them to bring something over.

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Anyway my question is how much time do you think will it take for the first three to be out? I have not much expiriece with manga gamers schedule
IMO forever!! They dont rush and take forever and always want to milk as much as they can before throwing another title out. So if u are going to wait for them it might be a very long wait.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Guys you seem to have a far better overview over this series than i ever had. Do you think that mangagamer is making the success of the remakes of rance 01 and 02 resposable to be licensing the 03 remaster?

I found it weird that as far as vndb is concerend every rance game has a mangagamer tba tag aside form the 3 remake.
I would gguess alice soft would to do remakes for both 4 games as well, so maybe they wait for them to do that first?
Anyway i decided to wait until i know about the first three games to start with the series once more.
The one rance game i played for a short amount of time a few years ago was sengoku rance, which is the 7th game overall, right?

Anyway my question is how much time do you think will it take for the first three to be out? I have not much expiriece with manga gamers schedule, all i ever played form them was out by the time i gotr to it. This is the first time im actively waiting for them to bring something over.
The remake of 03 for sure is coming and we can also expect other big Alicesoft titles like Evenicle 2 for sure as well and Beat Blades Ixseal. I highly suspect 01 + 02 will be out before IX as they aren't long games from what I heard even though I only played 02 without the expansion patch which Mangagamer is including with 02. 03 may also come out before X depending when they announce it which with Sengoku almost off the table and the shorter games of 01+02 may not be too far away may probably happen next year sometime most likely along with Evenicle 2. I think Quest Magnum may release next year but as for 01+02 and IX I have no idea especially with X on the horizon who knows how long that will be. Though I can see 01+02 releasing between end of next year to early 2021 and maybe IX late 2021 and throw 03 and X sometime after that.

Edit: Also I heard the staff who worked on the remakes is currently working on a new IP at Alicesoft so we may not know when the 04 remake will come. It also puts into question if they will try to fit 4.1 and 4.2 into 04 along with the original IV storyline even though 4.1 and 4.2 aren't directly connected much with IV they are in the old canon and are still referenced directly so it would be a great time to re-organize it into the 04 remake if they can.

Reactions: PeteHanson

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
If anybody wanted to know, the official release of Sengoku Rance has been pushed back to the 19th. Unfortunately Mangagamer is having issues with payment processors not wanting to be associated with adult content. It really sucks how these puritan companies keep doing shit like this.

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
As they say, if someone wants to stick to something, they always find a way, there's no way to do it.
Anyway, it's not already in english ? Oh, and maybe this is not an official translation, unless it is.

However, I am still waiting for Rance 8 - Quest MAGNUM, a hundred years ago 100% finished translation and the premiere still can not be seen :-/ anyone know anything about this?

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
As they say, if someone wants to stick to something, they always find a way, there's no way to do it.
Anyway, it's not already in english ? Oh, and maybe this is not an official translation, unless it is.

However, I am still waiting for Rance 8 - Quest MAGNUM, a hundred years ago 100% finished translation and the premiere still can not be seen :-/ anyone know anything about this?
The one that's been out for a few years now is a fan translation, the upcoming release is indeed the official one. As for Rance 8, there hasn't been a definite release date yet but according to this tweet from Mangagamer a few months ago it's already translated and edited. I assume they'll announce a release date after they get Sengoku out, but who knows now. I just hope everything goes smoothly.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 3.14.09 PM.png

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
So probably 2020, I hope because it starts to last really too long.

In general, I have a big problem with this Rance series because of the jagged premieres, and this whole refreshed series 1-3 did not help in this - it is difficult to get into the climate when not playing in turn.

Rance 1-3 in the old version is a bit unplayable for me, so for me it looks like this:
Rance 1 remake - I got tired in Japanese (with MT) because I wanted to start from the first part. And I will say that while the game itself was nice and satisfying, at the end I was really tired of this MT encryption and I had to do shorter sessions to complete it.
Rance 2 - remake - what a relief it was when you could finally read and learn the story
Rance 3 - remake - Some time ago I was to start, but I don't want to bother with MT again that I can't convince myself. The Rance series is very much attached to history, word games and situational events - which is why it is even more difficult.

In the meantime, I played Rance - Kichikuou Rance. Since this is an alternative story, I decided that it wouldn't have much influence and I didn't really know all the characters, but I could understand the story.

And now I have a problem because I do not know what to catch. From what I checked, Rance 4 would be fun to play, it doesn't look so archaic. So I don't have to wait for his possible remake because if I wanted to do it + waiting for English translation it would probably take 3-5 years so no thank you xD

Rance 5,6,7 is not a problem anymore. So here I would fly like a storm.
So my only problem is the Rance 3 remake - who will not have a translation for a long time, so i will have to do it slowly with MT once more because it blocks my access to Rance - 4,5,6,7 (even 8 soon) soooooo aloot.

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
Sengoku Rance: questions
what is the best way to get higher levels on commanders for dungeons as well as affection for upgrades to max troops
is there away to perm stop riots
what happens if ignore riots

can you still get items from dungeons you beat if you run them again

Racktor

Oct 3, 2017
Sengoku Rance: questions
what is the best way to get higher levels on commanders for dungeons as well as affection for upgrades to max troops
is there away to perm stop riots
what happens if ignore riots

can you still get items from dungeons you beat if you run them again
1. Not sure.
2. Riots happen, when you are at war with the Tenshi Sect. Riots will stop, if you are no longer at war with them.
3. From this walkthrough:
Letting the riots go on will lower the nation power of the respective province by 1, but will never reduce the national power of a province to below 2. Only one riot will happen per turn if multiple provinces have over 100% dissent.
4. Don't remember.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes