DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
You sir are a saint! Thank you so much! Please forgive my ignorance but how to I install it? Do I just drop it into the folder where the program files are? Is it compatible with my current save?
Just drop it into the main directory of where you installed Rance VI. It should be compatible with a current save since I myself used it in the middle of a playthrough.

Reactions: Reize12

Reize12

Mar 8, 2019
Just drop it into the main directory of where you installed Rance VI. It should be compatible with a current save since I myself used it in the middle of a playthrough.
Awesome, and just out of curiosity do you know if there are any patch notes that detail exactly what is changed?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Awesome, and just out of curiosity do you know if there are any patch notes that detail exactly what is changed?
Don't think there is a real patch notes made for it, just that it uses terms that align better with the previous fan translations.

Reactions: Reize12

Reize12

Mar 8, 2019
Don't think there is a real patch notes made for it, just that it uses terms that align better with the previous fan translations.
Gotcha, no worries, I'll just play and find out. You've been a tremendous help, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. If I could trouble you with one last question. Are you aware of a similar patch for Rance 5D and/or the mangagamer translation of Sengoku Rance?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Gotcha, no worries, I'll just play and find out. You've been a tremendous help, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. If I could trouble you with one last question. Are you aware of a similar patch for Rance 5D and/or the mangagamer translation of Sengoku Rance?
I could be wrong but pretty sure no one made patches for 5D or Sengoku. The terms don't come up much in 5D, but surely surprised about Sengoku since a huge criticism towards Mangagamer's release despite the upsides, is the terminology used and some translation choices. If you aren't aware, for Rance VI I also recommend Rottenblock's patch that fixes several issues with the game that you can read about and download and the DLC character patch for Takega Satsu .

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So this apparently recently got some tags added, including Mind Control... But with seven games, none of them having a description suggesting MC is a core element, and the fact that nobody thought to add the tag until now, I'm not sure where (if anywhere) I should be looking if that's basically the main thing I'm after.

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
Anyone know how to ''play'' with the captured girls in Sengoku rance? Like when you capture Akihime, you have the event when Rance fucks her, and then nothing more?

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Anyone know how to ''play'' with the captured girls in Sengoku rance? Like when you capture Akihime, you have the event when Rance fucks her, and then nothing more?
That is character dependent. Daidouji Komatsu has an event while she is in jail. But for the other characters, you have to recruit them from jail and then build their affection to get scenes with them (other than the story line events that you get, for example the scenes with Date Masamune's waifus, for which you have to defeat them in battle).

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
Mostly just RNG praying for them to pop up when you play at your house in Owari. The closer you were to the previous events the more likely they will appear, as the further you progress the more new character scenes take over in priority to appear. Akihime has a few different ones that play out, Kenshin and Aoi have one each if you accepted the bribe, I think you can get one for the random princesses. Not sure how many others there are but they are all mixed in with short repeat scenes for generals in your army (of which again Kenshin/Aoi have ones if they are your generals if you have progressed them up to love).

RoyalZel

Feb 22, 2019
As mentioned, it is really character dependent as certain characters have different criteria/steps in order to recruit them and do their events. For example, Akihime specifically can't be recruited until you're on 2nd and higher playthrough. So if it's your first playthrough, after you get the scene where Rance fucks her, that's it for her and you can't see her scenes until after you finish your first run and start a new one. Then once you're in a new game+, after you conquer the Hara house, you have to choose not to fuck Akihime at first in order to be able to recruit her and do her events that do eventually lead Rance to fucking her and getting her character clear.

apple_jacks

Nov 18, 2017
Honestly Sengoku Rance is probably the best hentai/sex game I've ever player. For me it's in the same category as most actual games as one of the funnest games to play.

Kichikou Rance is an older style version of Sengoku with more serious less funny. The rest are dungeon crawlers IIRC.

BTW does anyone know where to get Rance Quest?
Big Facts. Probably the single greatest game. I've ever played that was an H-Game. Next would be rai7 PUK but that is lost to time now.........So sad.

The_Jejjster

Dec 8, 2017
Whoa what's twith the new addition of the pregnancy tag. I gotta know the thing behind that, is it "You win here have a pregnany lady or You lose here have a pregnant lady". Is it in the gameplay, women getting impregnated that is?

RoyalZel

Feb 22, 2019
Whoa what's twith the new addition of the pregnancy tag. I gotta know the thing behind that, is it "You win here have a pregnany lady or You lose here have a pregnant lady". Is it in the gameplay, women getting impregnated that is?
It's mostly from the story. Pregnancy isn't like a big fetish in the series due to Rance having contraceptive magic applied to him. But there are some instances of women getting impregnated by Rance and in some cases monsters/demons. These are mostly important story elements and are not tied to gameplay.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
As said before its not him fucking pregnant women really, but moreso very story important stuff that leads to children of Rance. A prominent example is a child that pops up in VI from an event in 5D. And other children are prominent in Quest, IX and X especially. Most cases Rance uses contraceptive magic, but in some cases he doesn't give a fuck or there is a special circumstance where he doesn't. Such as in one of the alternative routes in Sengoku Rance that later plays a bigger role narrative wise.

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
I was dissapointed that you cant have sex with Ranmaru in Sengoku Rance :l
Is there something im missing?

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
I have a problem playing Kichikouo Rance. Every time i enter a sex scene in the ''harem'' menu, the game just freezes with a screen a little darker than the last screen of the previous conversation. Nothing happens. 1597945205744.png

loverperson

Jan 30, 2020
what do you guys recommend I start with? I thought ill go with the first but the 90s graphics looks so old. I heard they remade it but I cant find the link for that. also any walkthrough links will be helpful

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes