DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
i dunno if im tripping but i think i see some game not even 10mb bruh wth is the link broken?
The folder on my computer containing all the Rance games currently in English including the 02 remake and the two digests and Kichikuou is not even 3.5GB. Considering most of them are from before this millennium, not surprising.

Carso150

Jul 26, 2017
is there an english translation for rance 01 and 03, the remakes, because so far i can only find the japanece version

RoyalZel

Feb 22, 2019
is there an english translation for rance 01 and 03, the remakes, because so far i can only find the japanece version
Not yet. 01, alongside with 02 is getting localized by Mangagamer and given that their last status update was that both games were finished beta-testing, they should be released within the next couple of months. Granted, that's if they release 01 and 02 before Rance Quest Magnum, which has also finished beta testing. 03 hasn't been officially announced by them, so unless it's one of their secret projects that they've been keeping under wraps, it'll be quite a while before 03 will get an English translation.

GEMPAL

Jan 14, 2019
I really hope Rance series can be Greenlitted to steam. It's great and a shame if only Evenicle series in there.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I really hope Rance series can be Greenlitted to steam. It's great and a shame if only Evenicle series in there.
I wouldn't bet on it. MangaGamer tried to get Rance 5D, Rance VI and I think they even tried with Sengoku Rance, all three were rejected and banned from Steam. The reason Evenicle got a release was at that point, Steam was being a bit more lenient with adult content which prompted MangaGamer and several other visual novel publishers to try and get their 18+ visual novels on Steam to try and profit since Steam releases usually help a ton for sales. That is why Evenicle got on and unlike several of MangaGamer's other releases on Steam or even releases from other VN publishers like Jast and Sekai Project on steam, didn't need an 18+ patch. If you have been following the Evenicle 2 news, since Alicesoft is trying to publish themselves and are very inexperienced, they are causing a lot of concern and running into a lot of roadblocks. On the minor end they are not willing to offer a demosaic patch, there of course are legal reasons for this with Japan, but as other Japanese publishers have done, they have sold the demosaic patch or 18+ patch on a storefront not based in Japan that may even block Japanese IP adresses like MangaGamer or Jast. The major issue is they have cut out loli content as evident in their demo and the translators have stated its very likely a lot more will be cut since one of the main heroines is a loli also other content may be problematic for other reasons and cut. This is all due to Steam's policies most likely and also them being very cautious with their first localization. The main issue here is they have not been able to confirm any other storefronts that would sell Evenicle 2 uncut as of yet, and they have not even opened up about the idea of selling a patch on another storefront or even hosting it on their own site. So, as of now we will likely get a butchered release of Evenicle 2 due to cut content on top of the many issues with the translation process until these things are settled.

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
Not yet. 01, alongside with 02 is getting localized by Mangagamer and given that their last status update was that both games were finished beta-testing, they should be released within the next couple of months. Granted, that's if they release 01 and 02 before Rance Quest Magnum, which has also finished beta testing. 03 hasn't been officially announced by them, so unless it's one of their secret projects that they've been keeping under wraps, it'll be quite a while before 03 will get an English translation.
Rance 01 and 02 are coming out on October 29th, the announcement just came up on their store page.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Also, for 02 MangaGamer is giving both the original 02 remake and the 02 kai update as separate programs. The kai update adds significant increase to the script and story while the original remake is them pretty much just porting the old text from the original to the shinier looking images. They also mentioned gameplay changes so likely 02 kai will include the gameplay update as well which adds several additional gameplay features such as assistance with grinding.

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
Does the rance02 work or is it just not working for me?
The Rance02 version here is a 16bit application, you will not be able to run in without 3rd party support on modern software. I suggest you look up otvdm-master-1846 on your search engine and click on the first result . This should be "Running 16-bit applications on Windows 10 64-bit". Follow the instructions there.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
The Rance02 version here is a 16bit application, you will not be able to run in without 3rd party support on modern software. I suggest you look up otvdm-master-1846 on your search engine and click on the first result . This should be "Running 16-bit applications on Windows 10 64-bit". Follow the instructions there.
Are you sure about this? I have been able to run Rance 02 fine without any other application. I even downloaded a fresh one from the OP just to check and it ran fine no issue. In comparison trying to get Rance 4.1 and 4.2 to run is impossible and those are for sure 16 bit applications unless you use rottenblock's versions. I have my doubts that it is a 16 bit application for something made in the late 2000s especially considering the games that came before worked fine in that same decade.

Last edited:

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
Are you sure about this? I have been able to run Rance 02 fine without any other application. I even downloaded a fresh one from the OP just to check and it ran fine no issue. In comparison trying to get Rance 4.1 and 4.2 to run is impossible and those are for sure 16 bit applications unless you use rottenblock's versions. I have my doubts that it is a 16 bit application for something made in the last 2000s especially considering the games that came before worked fine in that same decade.
You are correct, it's 4.1 and 4.2 that require it, not 02. That's what I get for writing when tired.

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
I really can't make it to work.This just shows everytime i click the rance02.You guys have any solution?
Did you set your system locale to Japanese or tried running the game via a program that lets you emulate Japanese system locale like Textractor? You might also have to run it as an administrator.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes