DaoDinhKien

Nov 11, 2017
Rance I got translated in 2010, Rance II got translated earlier this year, the remake Rance 02 got translated in 2011, official translations of remakes of Rance 01 and Rance 02(including the kai update) came out two days ago. Rance III got translated in 2013, and Rance IV, 4.1, 4.2 and Kichikuou Rance got translated in 2014. The official translations of Rance 5D and VI got translated in 2017. Sengoku Rance got translated in 2009 then got an official translation in 2019. Still waiting on translations of the remake Rance 03, Rance Quest with the Magnum expansion, Rance IX and Rance X.
as thing's going on, I quite guess Mangagamer's trying to release one Rance each year. It will be the long run, but I think MG will not rush, maybe they think 2 Rance each year would not good for sale (but men, MG mostly releases shits recently, they really got profit from those??). Anyway, the rest of Rances was also big, so, one each year may be acceptable (but still too long) and only hope MG would not delay, many ppl seems angry of their delay of Quest. (for Quest, MG will put on sale at least 6 months from now, regardless the real process - I guess, hope I will be wrong)
about 03, really not sure, Alicesoft had recently translated itself, and MG had not announced 03 yet. If Alicesoft took the mantle, 03 may be released quite quick, posible within 2021, but it's almost asure that it would be CENSORED, so I hope MG still get 03. The best scenio would be Alicesoft translates and MG releases, but it'll be unlikely, dont really know how they works.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
as thing's going on, I quite guess Mangagamer's trying to release one Rance each year. It will be the long run, but I think MG will not rush, maybe they think 2 Rance each year would not good for sale (but men, MG mostly releases shits recently, they really got profit from those??). Anyway, the rest of Rances was also big, so, one each year may be acceptable (but still too long) and only hope MG would not delay, many ppl seems angry of their delay of Quest. (for Quest, MG will put on sale at least 6 months from now, regardless the real process - I guess, hope I will be wrong)
about 03, really not sure, Alicesoft had recently translated itself, and MG had not announced 03 yet. If Alicesoft took the mantle, 03 may be released quite quick, posible within 2021, but it's almost asure that it would be CENSORED, so I hope MG still get 03. The best scenio would be Alicesoft translates and MG releases, but it'll be unlikely, dont really know how they works.
I think they tried to do one Rance release a year (of course technically two at times due to smaller games thus combining 5D and VI then 01 and 02), but the issues with Sengoku were longer than expected. I think Quest will release within a year of 01 and 02 likely by March at the latest, just maybe not the same calendar year. They usually try to space out releases that are in the same series in general. Quest hasn't been delayed, its just taking longer due to the initial issues with Sengoku and then needing to put more resources into Quest then somewhat prioritizing 01 and 02 since they are smaller. I think we will likely see IX by early or mid 2022 at the latest and who knows about X. As for 03, keep in mind 01 and 02 were announced by MangaGamer just last year in July. I personally do not think Alicesoft will do any Rance game or even the Beat series translations. Alicesoft is clearly doing this venture due to the success of Evenicle on Steam. They will focus on Steam and will make cuts of sexual content or censor dialogue in order to get it onto Steam. That simply will not work for something like Rance where there is a ton of things that revolve around the sex or even the Beat series which is essentially nukige. I think we will hear of a Rance 03 translation announcement from MangaGamer after Quest Magnum releases, but before IX releases. And I think MangaGamer will do Beat Valkyrie Ixseal at some point likely announced next year.

Dec 18, 2019
Need help, when i install rance 02 and kai this happend when i open the game help guys
You need to find whitelist or make an exception for the file since its a false positive and not a virus.
yup new windows update give the exe false positive. even tried mg(manga you know) own download. probably wait personally until they update it either on windows side or mg. check mg discord and it seem like it's atleast "known" or talked about.

DaoDinhKien

Nov 11, 2017
I think they tried to do one Rance release a year (of course technically two at times due to smaller games thus combining 5D and VI then 01 and 02), but the issues with Sengoku were longer than expected. I think Quest will release within a year of 01 and 02 likely by March at the latest, just maybe not the same calendar year. They usually try to space out releases that are in the same series in general. Quest hasn't been delayed, its just taking longer due to the initial issues with Sengoku and then needing to put more resources into Quest then somewhat prioritizing 01 and 02 since they are smaller. I think we will likely see IX by early or mid 2022 at the latest and who knows about X. As for 03, keep in mind 01 and 02 were announced by MangaGamer just last year in July. I personally do not think Alicesoft will do any Rance game or even the Beat series translations. Alicesoft is clearly doing this venture due to the success of Evenicle on Steam. They will focus on Steam and will make cuts of sexual content or censor dialogue in order to get it onto Steam. That simply will not work for something like Rance where there is a ton of things that revolve around the sex or even the Beat series which is essentially nukige. I think we will hear of a Rance 03 translation announcement from MangaGamer after Quest Magnum releases, but before IX releases. And I think MangaGamer will do Beat Valkyrie Ixseal at some point likely announced next year.
Hope it should be that.
Really feel annoy about ppl trying to make ero games on steam, only for little convenient, but lost ton of content. :confused: It seems Im in minor to think that, nowadays, crowd is the truth, regardless. I read on Twitter, Alicesoft seems not trying to released uncensored Evenicle II though. It's a waste and they would not have my money.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Hope it should be that.
Really feel annoy about ppl trying to make ero games on steam, only for little convenient, but lost ton of content. :confused: It seems Im in minor to think that, nowadays, crowd is the truth, regardless. I read on Twitter, Alicesoft seems not trying to released uncensored Evenicle II though. It's a waste and they would not have my money.
It seems they are somewhat trying, but everything comes off like that is not a primary obstacle they are thinking about. They have mentioned to look at other storefronts likely MangaGamer(an obvious choice) or JAST to sell a complete uncensored version. Also, I am shocked there has been no mention of an uncensored patch for Evenicle II which is what most Steam released visual novels and eroge do.

Reactions: DaoDinhKien

Swagylord1337

May 13, 2018
Anyone got full save for Rance 01 and 02? and how do we install the save file, having a bit trouble finding my rance save files

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Anyone got full save for Rance 01 and 02? and how do we install the save file, having a bit trouble finding my rance save files
Don't have a complete save, but for me on Windows 10 the save files for Rance 01 for example are in the documents section in an, "Alicesoft" folder and there is a "Rance01" folder inside of that and then a "SaveData" folder inside of that with the save data files.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Never played Rance 1 and 2, does anyone know which one is better between Rance 02 Remastered and Rance 02 Kai ? I'm kinda lost since they are remastered of the original second episode :unsure:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Never played Rance 1 and 2, does anyone know which one is better between Rance 02 Remastered and Rance 02 Kai ? I'm kinda lost since they are remastered of the original second episode :unsure:
Honestly, just play Kai. Rance 02 is just the script of the original Rance II from about 30 years ago with some new art. Rance 02 Kai just about doubles the script and tweaks the gameplay.

Reactions: jowishg

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Honestly, just play Kai. Rance 02 is just the script of the original Rance II from about 30 years ago with some new art. Rance 02 Kai just about doubles the script and tweaks the gameplay.
Thanks for the reply, I'll do that (y)

Hydronicz

Sep 24, 2017
Alicesoft games are usually pretty grindy, just use cheat engine to change the value of your gold or exp. if you are stuck.
All values are 4bytes and easy to find.

patchworkpants

Oct 12, 2019
How do you get new skills for your characters in Sengoku Rance? I've been looking all over and I can't find any info.

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
How do you get new skills for your characters in Sengoku Rance? I've been looking all over and I can't find any info.
Rance gets new skills every 10 satisfaction, this increases either randomly, scripted or by spending time with Sill. Other characters can get new skills by bringing their relationship meter with Rance up to seven. In both cases you need to spend an action in choosing the reward.

Edit: Also, you need to own different states depending on who you want to power up as the option to do so will only show up in those states.

Reactions: patchworkpants

patchworkpants

Oct 12, 2019
Rance gets new skills every 10 satisfaction, this increases either randomly, scripted or by spending time with Sill. Other characters can get new skills by bringing their relationship meter with Rance up to seven. In both cases you need to spend an action in choosing the reward.

Edit: Also, you need to own different states depending on who you want to power up as the option to do so will only show up in those states.
Okay. Thanks! I'll give it a try.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes