DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
MangaGamer officially announced at Anime Expo. It will be translated by the same person who translated III, IV, 4.1, 4.2, 01, 02, 5D, and Quest Magnum. It was also confirmed this translator would be helping the other translator with Rance X. They also confirmed Rance IX is about to enter beta and Rance X is about 52% translated with the translator saying he wants to finish the translation by the end of the year.

Sir Phoenix

Jun 13, 2018
MangaGamer officially announced at Anime Expo. It will be translated by the same person who translated III, IV, 4.1, 4.2, 01, 02, 5D, and Quest Magnum. It was also confirmed this translator would be helping the other translator with Rance X. They also confirmed Rance IX is about to enter beta and Rance X is about 52% translated with the translator saying he wants to finish the translation by the end of the year.
HELLLLLLLLL YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated (y)
Also, did I read that right? "A person"? As in, one singular individual human being? :HideThePain:
I see they've taken the "find the right man for the job" quite literally.
Godspeed, regardless.

RoyalZel

Feb 22, 2019
Good news is that Rance IX is officially in beta. Depending on how long the beta is + post-beta bug fixes, a late 2022 release is still possible

Reactions: Dr. Lewdwig

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
Good news is that Rance IX is officially in beta. Depending on how long the beta is + post-beta bug fixes, a late 2022 release is still possible
I hope it does together with Monster Girl Paradox part 3. Either way it's gonna be a good time for eroge fans.

Last edited:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
It is potentially possible. Rance Quest Magnum was in beta for less than 2 months, but the beta bug fixes meant it didn't come out for another 6 months.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
Hello I have no clue at all about this game, whats the correct order to play this collection?
I, II, III, IV, 5D, VI, Sengoku Rance, Rance Quest, IX, X, just the normal order. Kichikuou Rance is optional after Rance IV. It's not a part of the main canon, it's like the alternative ending. I and II both have remake versions of them, 01 and 02. 02 is faithful to the original, or so i've heard, 01 is not, so don't be surprised when you meet some characters and they're completely absent or don't act accordingly to the way they did in 01 until much later games.

Last edited:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I, II, III, IV, 5D, VI, Sengoku Rance, Rance Quest, IX, X, just the normal order. Kichikuou Rance is optional after Rance IV. It's not a part of the main canon, it's like the alternative ending. I and II both have remake versions of them, 01 and 02. 02 is faithful to the original, or so i've heard, 01 is not, so don't be surprised when you meet some characters and they're completely absent or don't act accordingly to the way they did in 01 until much later games.
You are forgetting 4.1 and 4.2 which are actually referenced in later games which are between IV and 5D. Also, Rance III has a remake in the form of Rance 03 which recently got announced for an official English release. It is more in the vain of 01 being more of a deviation from the original. Also worth noting 02 got an expanded version titled 02 Kai which adds much more content to the story and script and tweaks the gameplay in a few areas. Also about Kichikuou, while it is not canon, it was basically the devs presenting all their ideas for the Rance world in a single game in case they never would eventually get around to it. Of course, they would finish the series years later. Think of Kichikuou as an initial idea for their plans with the series and 5D, VI, Sengoku, Quest, IX and X as them expanding on those ideas. Those later games play on expectations from Kichikuou so it may be worthwhile to play Kichikuou to see how the devs initially visioned some of these ideas and how they execute these ideas in later titles.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
You are forgetting 4.1 and 4.2 which are actually referenced in later games which are between IV and 5D.
I thought he can figure that 4.1 and 4.2 are going to go after 4, considering i said "just the normal order", but i guess you never know. And i didn't know about Kai, now i wish i was playing it instead, it can't get worse than ibeprofun eating simulator. Or can it...?

• Haha

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
Hello I have no clue at all about this game, whats the correct order to play this collection?
My TLDR:
Play "Rance 01 remake" first. Then, play anyone that you feel like; Sengoku, Rance Quest Magnum, Kichikuou or 5D. It really doesn't matter. You can also try 02 to see how you feel about older designs.
Have fun.

Below I'll give more context. Read on if you're interested:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes