PeacePeace

Nov 28, 2017
Hello I have no clue at all about this game, whats the correct order to play this collection?
I 2nd the opinion to play whatever order you want. I played Sengoku, Magnum, 6, Kichikuou, and going into 01 remake & then 5D next.

Each entry has 'main' heroines which the plot is focused around and these stories are largely standalone, just with small bits of continuity between games. Most of the continuity in the series deals with Rance, Sill & the overall political situation of the world but none of it is necessary to enjoy each individual game. The other girls play smaller roles and you can easily treat their appearance in later games as an introduction, then explore their stories further in previous games where they were the main heroines.

Works for me.

pp2ytt

Aug 10, 2022
View attachment 148144

Overview:
Rance is an adult fantasy RPG started by Alicesoft in 1988. The series focuses on a character named Rance who was designed to be the opposite of the hero characters in traditional Japanese RPGs of the time. Consequently Rance is an extremely selfish, violent, horny asshole, and if he does anything good, it's usually by accident.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2020-10-30
Original Title: ランス
Developer: AliceSoft
Publisher: Mangagamer
Censored: No
Version: Rance 01 & 02 Remastered, Rance 1 to 7 & Kichikuou Rance
Series Info: - -
Language: English
VNDB:
Wiki:
Store:
Other Games: Evenicle Rance, Evenicle 2 Rance, Rance Quest Magnum
Genre:

Installation:

Complete CG Unlocking:

DOWNLOAD
REMASTERED:
Rance 01 - Quest for Hikari (2013 Remake):

Rance 02 - The Rebellious Maidens (2010 Remake):
Other Games in the Series:

Extras: Bugfix - CG Unlocked
Thanks to superelmo for torrents and baha_the_chaos for Sengoku Rance.

View attachment 879331 View attachment 879332 View attachment 879333 View attachment 879334 View attachment 879335 View attachment 879336 View attachment 879337 View attachment 879338 View attachment 879340
No Rance 01(Remake) CG data?

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
It was only just picked up by them. It won't be finished this year.
And apparently it's translated by one guy:
MangaGamer officially announced at Anime Expo. It will be translated by the same person who translated III, IV, 4.1, 4.2, 01, 02, 5D, and Quest Magnum. It was also confirmed this translator would be helping the other translator with Rance X. They also confirmed Rance IX is about to enter beta and Rance X is about 52% translated with the translator saying he wants to finish the translation by the end of the year.
So it should take approximately until the second coming.

Reactions: shiny15

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
And apparently it's translated by one guy:

So it should take approximately until the second coming.
To be fair, most of the Rance games are translated by a single person and the panel was unclear if the translator from Rance X would be assisting with Rance 03 since the main translator for Rance 03 is helping him with X.

RoyalZel

Feb 22, 2019
To be fair, most of the Rance games are translated by a single person and the panel was unclear if the translator from Rance X would be assisting with Rance 03 since the main translator for Rance 03 is helping him with X.
I can see Steiner giving a little bit of assistance to the translator of Rance 03 here and there in his free time but I doubt it'll be any kind of huge assistance since he still has the goal of finishing the translation of X this year and after this year he won't be a freelance translator anymore.
As for when the next Rance game will be out, it'll definitely be IX since it is currently in beta testing right now. I'm betting it'll either be a late(Nov/Dec) 2022 or early 2023 release depending on how well the beta testing and bug fixing stages go

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I can see Steiner giving a little bit of assistance to the translator of Rance 03 here and there in his free time but I doubt it'll be any kind of huge assistance since he still has the goal of finishing the translation of X this year and after this year he won't be a freelance translator anymore.
As for when the next Rance game will be out, it'll definitely be IX since it is currently in beta testing right now. I'm betting it'll either be a late(Nov/Dec) 2022 or early 2023 release depending on how well the beta testing and bug fixing stages go
For sure, I don't expect Steiner to have a major role in 03 just like I don't expect tulipgoddess/Bad End to have a major role in Rance X. They will likely just be assisting each other from time to time. Plus, we have no real indication where Rance 03 is at in terms of development of the localization. Steiner has worked on several games since taking over for Rance X, so if he was just assigned a certain portion of the game to work on, he may have already finished it and will only assist if asked moving forward. Also, Steiner is technically going to continue doing freelance translation work, just not anymore games or visual novels since they take a lot of time, but will still be working on manga, light novels and artbooks while being the localization coordinator for PQube.

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
MangaGamer Can't have them all released at the same time need to build WTF!!! are we waiting for by the customers and pirate's {Consumers} and space the releases far apart to drain the most money they can from each release before dropping the next release. Especially since they have the rights to it.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
Played only sengoku rance, I can't say I enjoyed it...
I'd say some people may find it the least enjoyable in the series, actually. Try out the previous ones, they're much more about Rance himself, he's like a secondary character in Sengoku that barely shows anything interesting about him. Kichikuou, III and IV are the best in my opinion, and V is pretty good, but has a very problematic system that may softlock you easily just because you didn't know you must farm.

Reactions: tomoshi2

Nydjrhi

Jan 8, 2021
I'd say some people may find it the least enjoyable in the series, actually. Try out the previous ones, they're much more about Rance himself, he's like a secondary character in Sengoku that barely shows anything interesting about him. Kichikuou, III and IV are the best in my opinion, and V is pretty good, but has a very problematic system that may softlock you easily just because you didn't know you must farm.

I actually found Sengoku Rance so much more enjoyable because I played the Rance games in chronological order. The plot is better knowing exactly who he is and what he has done. All 10 games actually come together as a significantly well written story.

Reactions: grebd

Rudiferme

Oct 21, 2020
Legit. I have to thank the gods who included the CG patch. Thank you so god damn much.
I was thinking I had to replay the entire game just to replay Emi Alphorne's h scene.
Thank you so much.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Just to confirm, all other games besides Sengoku Rance are dungeon crawlers correct? Or is there any game that is somewhat similar to it or even maybe similar to Daibanchou or Evenicle? Thanks in advance.

BooDoof

Nov 15, 2021
Just to confirm, all other games besides Sengoku Rance are dungeon crawlers correct? Or is there any game that is somewhat similar to it or even maybe similar to Daibanchou or Evenicle? Thanks in advance.
The 1 & 2 remakes are basically dungeon crawlers, I haven't played 3 and the 4's, but Kichikuou is very similar to Sengoku Rance in a territory conquest style, 5D is a weird gambling game thing, 6 & 8 are RPGs with 6 being a traditional dungeon crawler and 8 being closer to Evenicle, but still a dungeon crawler at its core, 9 is a SRPG and 10 is a "Great War" rpg. If you're looking for something similar to Sengoku, Kichi is your best bet. It's very good, even if it's very old at this point. Rance is a huge dick in it though.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes