FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
Cant find Rance Magnum, VIII, IX, i saw on mangagamer that they were translated, am I wrong? or this post is outdated
Rance Quest Magnum is just an expansion of VIII, it's part of the same package and is the next Rance game that's supposed to be translated and put out by Mangagamer. IX is after that and then followed by X. What you probably saw was the announcement list.

As for when they'll be translated, your guess is as good as mine. Just don't expect to see X anytime soon though.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Cant find Rance Magnum, VIII, IX, i saw on mangagamer that they were translated, am I wrong? or this post is outdated
Rance Quest Magnum(Which is Rance VIII), Rance IX and Rance X are not translated yet. Mangagamer is still working on them. Quest Magnum has been completely translated and edited and image edited for like a year now and just needs to go through their beta process so it can be ready to be prepared to release. Rance IX is only translated and not far along in editing if at all. And Rance X progress has been slowed down to work on the other games. Also, Mangagamer is working on the remakes of Rance 01 and Rance 02 which will be bundled together and likely we may see an announcement for the remake of Rance 03 sometime this year and Rance 01 and 02 have received the most updates as of late so them and Quest Magnum take the most attention currently. Any announcements you may have seen may have been when Mangagamer announced they were working on them. You can track Mangagamer's translation progress or on social media.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
The Tokugawa hous is nearly impossible to beat if at all.
ANY TIPS?
get diviner with the protect all thing, and/or a beefy footman squad with good defence and a normal diviner to take the first hard blow. also check the stats of your units, stats matter more than unit size, especially after 500 and more so after 1000 as thats where unit effectiveness starts to dip, a unit with 8 attack and 1200 troops is way stronger than a unit with 6 attack and 2000 troops
How do you do that?
dont bother, just get a locale emulator like

Last edited:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
which ones are remade/remastered or whatever?
Rance I, II, and III were made into 01, 02 and 03 respectively. 02 was the first remake and received two patches, one to update the gameplay and another to update the story and text. The fan translated version of 02 does not include the patches so its the barebones base version, but the mangagamer release is confirmed to at least have the first patch, no idea about the other one.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
The Tokugawa hous is nearly impossible to beat if at all.
ANY TIPS?
I didn't check this topic until now.
Tokugawa is almost nothing compared to Takeda. Tokugawa can be beat by good positioning and a strong footsoldier frontline, while picking off the weaker/squishier enemies.
Takeda is mostly RNG if your backline gets 1 shot or not by their cavalry.
Tbh most of the stronger enemies depend on RNG, if there is a strong generic enemy that has stupidly high speed with stupidly high damage and instant kills your squishy backline units at the start of the fight, the only cure to that is save scumming.

This game rewards you for the speed that you finish the main game story. The faster you finish the game, the more "end game points" you get, which you can use on some GREAT items/characters/modifiers at the start of your new game. So "save scumming" is basically obligatory on your first playthrough.

There is a HUGE replay value to this game, new character, new options, new situations, special win conditions, etc, and you can start your games with some special characters as well. This game has the most replayability out of all of my games.

gokeze

Nov 27, 2018
Is it normal for Rance VI to be like this? or is there some way I can fix this?

Nope, my screen looks like this. Try running Win7/Win8 compatibility mode.
System40_b3oXO6QEb3.png
System40_dqYQBJbohX.png
System40_hqigTlJlCZ.png

Rance 6 is bugged. Public safety dungeon cannot be completed 100% without a fan patch, link
here

I've created a warp guide for another dungeon for which you can miss 100% completion, which is missing from most walkthroughs, here:
Anise Dungeon.png
Warps are one-way, Orange capital letters correspond to warps, blue numbers are destinations.
Edit : Encircled Letters are one-way, they disappear once you take them.
If you meet Sill, the 3rd final Anise star appears before warp (V), which ends the dungeon and blocks events/treasures ( in the Caloria/Kanami rooms).
I suggest save-scumming if you meet Sill, if you wish to 100% complete this dungeon.

Last edited:

ace59

Dec 23, 2018
Need help with sengoku rance, cg 061, doggy style with ran. There are three scenes with the same cg but can't find the second scenes. The save file given have all the cg but doesn't have all the scenes for the cg with star.

wevryn1

Aug 11, 2019
In case this hasn't been posted (not going to skim through every post on this toaster) Sengoku Rance MEGA link is no longer available. DropMe seems to be missing as well.

Believe me I'd love to check every post out but this gd computer doesn't really make it easy. Anyhow, hope this wasn't already posted;p.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes