F1forhalp

SOTD: Drama Asylum - Paranoid Mind
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
As F1forhalp, whom actually tried (and succeeded) to help stated above, one could just use the batch method (Which should both be version independent and work on most other steam-DRM Ren'Py games, in theory) I am not so lazy that I can't create a batch file in 5 seconds.

I am playing and enjoying the game. So I am a winner.
WinRAR iz you, hehehe..
actually found some tutorials back from Win95 (that's MS-DOS 7 inside) which are pretty extensive. if i don't lose interest too soon, i'll try to come up with something automated, like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but that may or may not work.

so, here's what i've cooked up so far, along with a HowTo, for whoever is interested:
View attachment PyStarter.zip
this is a placeholder batch file, and a text to give some basics on what to do, and how.
it requires, hm.. Notepad. can't think of anything else.
it's free of use for anyone.
thanks again George311 for the inspiration to get started.

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
Why android not updating anymore? Does anyone have the latest android version?
I play the PC version on Joi Play, the version of Joi Play that I'm using is the one I downloaded when I went to download the game Lab Rats 2 Reformulate and it works

Reactions: Weebi
Jun 14, 2023
so, here's what i've cooked up so far, along with a HowTo, for whoever is interested:
View attachment 2980388
this is a placeholder batch file, and a text to give some basics on what to do, and how.
it requires, hm.. Notepad. can't think of anything else.
it's free of use for anyone.
thanks again George311 for the inspiration to get started.
This deserves to get it's own mod thread in the mod section. Even though it may seem like a rather simple little mod, it can solve serious problems.

I could also see that it might be good if uploaders of Ren'Py games with DRM created this batch-file before uploading. And maybe even change the file ending of the [gamename].exe to .exe.donotrun or something, to make sure ppl don't run it.

Now, I could see the need for a one-click solution for ppl that feel apprehensive about editing batch-files themselves.
Thinking like a generic batch file that ,when run in the root folder of a game, would lift the name of the .py file from the folder, insert it in the start command where it should be, and then save that as a new batch file, as [gamename].bat. And then maybe even delete itself so only the new batchfile gamename.bat remained?
Maybe even change the file ending of the [gamename].exe as above.
And lift any existing file icon from the .exe and apply to the new gamename.bat.. ok that last one I have no idea if one can do via batch-files.... ;)

F1forhalp

SOTD: Drama Asylum - Paranoid Mind
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
This deserves to get it's own mod thread in the mod section. Even though it may seem like a rather simple little mod, it can solve serious problems.

I could also see that it might be good if uploaders of Ren'Py games with DRM created this batch-file before uploading. And maybe even change the file ending of the [gamename].exe to .exe.donotrun or something, to make sure ppl don't run it.

Now, I could see the need for a one-click solution for ppl that feel apprehensive about editing batch-files themselves.
Thinking like a generic batch file that ,when run in the root folder of a game, would lift the name of the .py file from the folder, insert it in the start command where it should be, and then save that as a new batch file, as [gamename].bat. And then maybe even delete itself so only the new batchfile gamename.bat remained?
Maybe even change the file ending of the [gamename].exe as above.
And lift any existing file icon from the .exe and apply to the new gamename.bat.. ok that last one I have no idea if one can do via batch-files.... ;)
hehe that's exactly what i'm working on.. grab the .py file name and insert it into itself is a very tricky thing, because i do want it to stay 'pure batch' without anything else.. there are solutions involving .js or .vbs code and several others, but that's calling for something any given user might not have on their stock windoze install.
i'll think about some extra thread when i've given this whole stuff some thinking. maybe mod, maybe tools (thought i've seen such a section) but i'm not there yet. i'm not even sure if there is a one-pure-batch solution. right now it's back to school for me.

Reactions: fuckitlikearabbit

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
Been a while since I played this game, Feb of this year to be exact. The last moment I recall before I deleted the game to wait for more updates was when I successfully invaded the castle. Just wanna know, how close is this game to being complete? A few more months or another year or two? I'm considering reinstalling it but not sure how much new content there is?

Anyone know?

zaat

Dec 7, 2020
Aren't the mercs supposed to show up at your lair a while after you pay them? I get the extra days but they never show up. Is this a bug?

Reactions: Heavysmashlord

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Been a while since I played this game, Feb of this year to be exact. The last moment I recall before I deleted the game to wait for more updates was when I successfully invaded the castle. Just wanna know, how close is this game to being complete? A few more months or another year or two? I'm considering reinstalling it but not sure how much new content there is?

Anyone know?
I don't think anyone really knows - probably not even the devs. But if I was forced to guess, I'd say another year or so.

Reactions: Heavysmashlord

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Aren't the mercs supposed to show up at your lair a while after you pay them? I get the extra days but they never show up. Is this a bug?
The way this event works is odd. Instead of them showing after certain amount of days, you have to re-enter your lair (wherever it is). Then they will show on your doorstep and you'll get to greet them.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
Is there any way to help or fix maelys or is she broken forever if you ever fuck her. Second is there amy way to get naho to actuly be nice or kind with our torture. And 3 is the witch always a bitch to or can she ever be kind

Last edited:

zaat

Dec 7, 2020
The way this event works is odd. Instead of them showing after certain amount of days, you have to re-enter your lair (wherever it is). Then they will show on your doorstep and you'll get to greet them.
I got in and out of my lair several times but it still wasn't working. I had to go back and pick "Power" instead and then it worked just fine. As soon as i got back, there they were.

That being said, i was running a much older version of the game, and although i did download the new one and the problem persisted, maybe it was caused by something i did way back that wouldn't have been fixed unless i fully restarted, idk.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Is there any way to help or fix maelys or is she broken forever if you ever fuck her. Second is there amy way to get naho to actuly be nice or kind with our torture. And 3 is the witch always a bitch to or can she ever be kind
broken forever if you fuck her. don't fuck her.

Reactions: tacosnap123
Jun 2, 2021
1- broken if u fuck her, mind addled/still mostly broken if u get Mal to fix her. 2 U can make her your bitch, not much more. 3, so far no.

Reactions: tacosnap123

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
there are some futures
If you choose to fuck her she will remain in this catatonic state/ if you choose not to, she becomes pensive

there are ways to deal with this state there are

1- Malice changes her personality and she becomes a completely different person and just wants to fuck, a doll (in my opinion bad)

2- You hand it over to the infernals, and it turns into a creature, (in my opinion, terrible)

Now if you chose to leave her thinking, then she, of her own free will, chooses to give herself to us to serve us, who knows, later she might end up in love like Heloise (for me, the best choice)

Last edited:

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
there are some futures
If you choose to fuck her she will remain in this catatonic state/ if you choose not to, she becomes pensive

there are ways to deal with this state there are

1- Malice changes her personality and she becomes a completely different person and just wants to fuck, a doll (in my opinion bad opinion)

2- You hand it over to the infernals, and it turns into a creature, (in my opinion, terrible)

Now if you chose to leave her thinking, then she, of her own free will, chooses to give herself to us to serve us, who knows, later she might end up in love like Heloise (for me, the best choice)
Let us all agree that Heloise is the BEST.
I hope we get more & more Content with her.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
thank you for the responices ya might need to try a diffrent run after this one now the walkthrough didn really explaine it well so if we hand over helio to the infernal is she gone forever (same with the nun and witch for there respective lairs). 2 if we give her daja does she become a dragongirl we can vist or is she also lost. but for sure dont fuck malyes yet got it

May 3, 2022
thank you for the responices ya might need to try a diffrent run after this one now the walkthrough didn really explaine it well so if we hand over helio to the infernal is she gone forever (same with the nun and witch for there respective lairs). 2 if we give her daja does she become a dragongirl we can vist or is she also lost. but for sure dont fuck malyes yet got it
Anyone you hand over is gone from your harem forever. You get some scenes but you don't get her back. Yeah, it's a bit of a shame in a few cases and I would love to see a better end with Maelys but for now that's how the content stands.

4.60 star(s) 203 Votes