gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Nah. Just experimented it. Tavern is not even showing in lowland after capturing cooch. So can't talk to them!! Before meeting cooch itwas there. It is bugged ??? Tested on both power & dark fantasy
Haven't played through that part in a long while, but if you (after claiming a lair, so in Act III) follow Cooch back to her place and abduct her and then go back to the fishing village and crash the bar, you should be able to get the recruitment event.
I don't think there's been any changes made to that section in recent updates, but may have missed something that could have bugged it.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Just test it. U can see that first paragraph not possible now
I got them both playing the second to last update (so 4.2.0) just fine. I abducted her first than crashed the party as he said. But I took a nap in between. So if a bug exists it's in the latest version.

Reactions: Joe root

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
Wish devs would make it easier or give options to unlock the gallery freely...

Updated: Gallery unlock for v4.2.1 (same as v4.2.0).
Just drag folders into root folder of game.
Gallery unlock doesn't work, it just hides the previously grey option in my case

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
Wish devs would make it easier or give options to unlock the gallery freely...

Updated: Gallery unlock for v4.2.1 (same as v4.2.0).
Just drag folders into root folder of game.
If you look through the gallery you'll eventually find an image of a Kobold on the bottom right. Clicking on them gives you the option of unlocking the entire gallery immediately, so mods that do so, at least currently, are now redundant. Not sure if it's gonna stick around in the future though, but such mods may very well now be obsolete if it does.

Reactions: MagusOfAss

Tosk

Jun 4, 2017
If you look through the gallery you'll eventually find an image of a Kobold on the bottom right. Clicking on them gives you the option of unlocking the entire gallery immediately, so mods that do so, at least currently, are now redundant. Not sure if it's gonna stick around in the future though, but such mods may very well now be obsolete if it does.
It'll stick around. He'll just move pages and positions between each version.

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
That's neat, so yeah, no more need for a gallery mod. What would be neat is a mod that allows you to manipulate your stats more easily than using another program to gain access to console commands, because I have a dumb and they've started locking content out of power fantasy.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
That's neat, so yeah, no more need for a gallery mod. What would be neat is a mod that allows you to manipulate your stats more easily than using another program to gain access to console commands, because I have a dumb and they've started locking content out of power fantasy.
They've started locking content out of power fantasy?! :oops: I don't want there to be any misunderstanding, I'm only courious but, are you sure. :unsure: When did this start happening? :rolleyes:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: girdeyordo

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
They've started locking content out of power fantasy?! :oops: I don't want there to be any misunderstanding, I'm only courious but, are you sure. :unsure: When did this start happening? :rolleyes:
Dev getting paranoid about players using the console was sometime last year
https://f95zone.to/threads/ravager-v4-2-1-4minutewarning.26476/post-4184626

Power Fantasy tweaks was in v4.2.1 changelog
Tweaks
  • Stat and Morale checks in Pale Rock will auto-succeed if you’re in Power Fantasy mode.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
Cheers, OP adjusted

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
I think, you can only miss the bad endings that are behind some stat checks and of course power fantasy does not have those stat checks.
There're two interactions with Malice, after raising her, that are only available on Dark Fantasy mode. They have to do with taking your current consort away, so it was taken out of Power Fantasy, but I honestly I like those two interactions a lot more than the one it otherwise defaults to. One has really good character development between Malice and her father, and the other is just the 'she turned out bad' path, which involves you dicking her and her asking to be your consort after the assault. There are no stat checks involved, the three 'paths' Malice can take are determined purely from dialogue options.

Considering which path Malice takes will most probably have a huge impact on the story later, it makes sense that these initial scenes being locked means a lot of her content down the line will only be available on Dark Fantasy, hence my suggestion that a mod that does what Power Fantasy does without the content lock may be very useful. At least, I'd appreciate it a whole ton. I suppose I can just use that program that unlocks console commands, but I have a big dumb.

I grabbed my earlier post explaining further.
Yeah, there's three outcomes, but only on dark fantasy. On power fantasy you're locked to only one. Stats don't matter.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
I am aware that Heloise is recruitable my issue was that in the initial interaction, if you screwed up by getting hypnotized the game ends, when there's potential for an entire separate storyline, maybe one with her as some sort of conqueror with your character reduced to little more than a mind-slave, or maybe she'll just join you in the hope to "corrupt" you into serving her in some kind of challenge/pet project.
I also agree getting brainwashed resulting insta game over is not a good game design, but the limit has to be drawn somewhere. Perhaps a few saving rolls would make that situation less insta game over but then that is up to devs do they want to redesign earlier parts of game again instead of adding more content.
I am unlikely to implement full arcs that are based on you meeting a sexy bad end. I don't think there's anything wrong with them as an idea (and perhaps, later on, the mod community will step in to fill that gap) - but it's not our tonal focus for the game. Which is being a badass.

How do I get the new scene with Sabetha and Inej that the changelog says is in?
Visit Sabetha & Inej a few times. You'll need the Incest flag enabled.

Dammit i want to see Sabetha and Inej get fucked why it takes so long to implement it in game.:unsure:
We can't commission art until the scenes have been written, for causality reasons, and my policy is to include everything that's finished when it's time to issue a release. So new scenes will initially appear without dedicated art.

Yeah i also wonder why does the dev keep going forward without completing its previous work, it leaves it unfinished and just progresses the story. So we just have to replay it continuously or wait till the whole game is done
My experience is that if you focus on side arcs, you will get complaints about the main plot not moving forward. If you focus on the main plot, you will get complaints about the side arcs not being finished. If you do a bit of both (which is what I do), you'll get complaints about both.

4MinuteWarning Cool game, really liking the concept (and execution lol)! Couple of questions:

1) How does the fourth tier on Substar work? Is one-time payment enough for one suggestion and how likely is it for the suggestion to get through? Should you be consulted about the idea's chances before subbing?

2) Some girls (such as Mina) are bottomed out in vaginal penetration while some others are able to take the full length. From lore/gameworld design perspective, are those bottoming-outs due to definite limit or could the limit be forcibly expanded with high enough cruelty for example?
Our high-tier patrons get to suggest prompts for new content in the game, which is voted on every month by the other high-tier patrons. These are the scenes marked as 'Dreamweaver choice' in the changelogs. Which prompt wins is down to them, so I can't realistically estimate how likely a suggestion is to win - but they're rolled forward month-to-month, for as long as you're subscribed.

I originally imagined that Power Fantasy players wouldn't appreciate the other consequences of those paths. But I stand corrected! The next update will no longer force you along the 'better' route if you're in Power Fantasy.

I'm honestly just waiting for Naho to be available as a consort.
A man of culture! Naho will indeed be consort-able. But consort arcs take a while to develop, so I am going to have to ask for your patience.

MoolaMoona1

Jan 1, 2019
A man of culture! Naho will indeed be consort-able. But consort arcs take a while to develop, so I am going to have to ask for your patience.
Man, I can honestly say that out of pretty much every adult game I've played, I'd put the writing in this one at least in the top 5. If I wasn't a NEET on disability, I'd happily throw a few quid your way.

I'm just kinda sad I won't get to have a naga that way, because lord knows I'm not letting a world-ending demon be raised by a mother who is a resentful slave.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
I originally imagined that Power Fantasy players wouldn't appreciate the other consequences of those paths. But I stand corrected! The next update will no longer force you along the 'better' route if you're in Power Fantasy.
I misunderstood the situation o_O I thought people where being punished for playing on easier difficulties. It hadn't occured to me that they may have been talking about the stat check content but now it seems so obvious :cautious: I enjoy a bit of a challange, makes the rewards feel sweeter IMO and I enjoy playing the game on dark fantasy mode. I've always seen the two modes as 'Novel' mode and 'Game' mode. I should have known better :) You've continuely impressed me, both the game content and your behaviour as a devolper. (y)

Last edited:

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
I misunderstood the situation o_O I thought people where being punished for playing on easier difficulties. It hadn't occured to me that they may have been talking about the stat check content but now it seems so obvious :cautious: I enjoy a bit of a challange, makes the rewards feel sweeter IMO and I enjoy playing the game on dark fantasy mode. I've always seen the two modes as 'Novel' mode and 'Game' mode. I should have known better :) You've continuely impressed me, both the game content and your behaviour as a devolper. (y)
What's most probably the case is that Power Fantasy players are less interested in playing an actual power fantasy and more interested in just not having to deal with stat checks, at least that's what I use it for. It seems less a mode to play on if you want to have a power fantasy and more a mode to play on if you just want to sail through the game more easily. The game is essentially one huge power fantasy anyway, and that's one of its major draws, being a huge, awesome fucking dragon. Content being locked out of the 'easy mode' of sorts doesn't make me feel more powerful, it just makes me feel kind of lame for being lazy and playing on that mode. You also didn't misunderstand anything, Jim, as I wasn't talking about stat checks at all, but content that is decided based on dialogue choices you make, choices that have absolutely nothing to do with your stats. In fact, as far as I know there isn't any failed stat check content, at least nothing that triggers a scene, so I have no clue what those people are talking about other than like, certain characters dying in the most recent update if you fail a stat check, or so I've heard, which I wouldn't really count as content. Nevertheless, my points aside, I still thoroughly enjoy the game, as it is truly amazing, just to make sure that hasn't been misunderstood. Looking forward to more of Malice, and that Naho content you mentioned. Aside from Naho being an adorable doggo, Malice is one of my favorite characters, which is why I felt sad being locked out of some of her potential content because I was being lazy and playing on the wrong mode.

Reactions: Bootlicker

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
For my part I have zero problems with the stat checks. But what kills me is the army morale system in stage III. So I just cheatengine my self 100 treasure and bribe everyones morale up.

Reactions: Harem Lover.

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
I am unlikely to implement full arcs that are based on you meeting a sexy bad end. I don't think there's anything wrong with them as an idea (and perhaps, later on, the mod community will step in to fill that gap) - but it's not our tonal focus for the game. Which is being a badass.
Why not to implement a sexy bad ending then? It would be a nice addition to have a different game over screen depending how you lost, in this case Heloise treating MC like a bad puppy.
For my part I have zero problems with the stat checks. But what kills me is the army morale system in stage III. So I just cheatengine my self 100 treasure and bribe everyones morale up.
The morale is not the problem but lack of tooltips and system interface. Renpy engine simply wasn't meant to be used like a strategy game but instead of dating simulator with options. The problem with targets and assaulting them are that: 1) you don't know requirements how high morale you need 2) you don't know the reward you will gain either by pillaging or sparing, and what the consequences are when ignoring target 3) once you began losing, you can easily spiral morale down to 0 and be unable to increase it.

In other words to make conquest not frustrating and manageable you have to savescum a lot to gain understanding the system, and I am sure the game wasn't meant to be played in this way.

4.60 star(s) 207 Votes