The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
Don't get me wrong though. I can kind of see why there isn't 2 because only a singular Malice was intended to be factored in the story. It would get out of hand with 2 or 3 of them(Maelys is inevitable).
Honestly just not having an option to knock val up would be better then the way its been done in my opinion. Plus unless the end up turning val into heloise lite its just plane stupid to have malice be the same with val since val should be act completely different to that child based on what i can make out of her personality she would probably borderline abuse her naga.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
So played through the Steam (Release)... Am I the only one here that feels like the start of act V is lacking? Sure it's nice to reconnect/put Adeline in her place/take her passionately but still I kinda expected more to be honest.

As for the possibility of having multiple abominations... I am kinda pissed. I want more. I would love a sibling for the little one. Curious how the relationship there could go. Naturally I feel like Malice would be the more dominant/"alpha" among her possible sibling, with perhaps a different-submissive sibling in kind? Either way... kinda not happy with having to choose which elfy to bear the beginnings of a new age (it ain't a cataclysm in my books) Naturally though, I'm picking my Elfy waifu Helo and her sister Maelsy.

Muityek

Jul 6, 2018
I honestly appreciate the decision to say we don't get multiple Naga daughters. The game doesn't need more characters. Focusing on the ones we have already seems like the right call to me, even if in a perfect world it would be great to have three snek babies with fully fleshed out personalities and relationships. That's a lot to ask though given how none of the characters have enough content so far. One daughter with more scenes is better than three with less in my opinion.

I think this direction with a few improvements could work out really well. There is already the basics of a 'raising malice' system, but it would be nice for the mother to have a little bit more of an effect than it currently does. Slight differences in the art would be good too (changing the eye/marking colour, or hair, or having a different outfit wouldn't be anywhere near as much work as a new character). I'm sure we'll get some more Malice events when we get the inevitable Maelyse as her mother option though, so I'll hold out hope for something like this to be implemented then.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
The game doesn't need more characters
Exactly this. There's already plenty of characters, adding two more that were never planned for would just serve to slow down development as work has to be diverted away from fleshing out the existing characters and adding new art, writing, and voice lines for the new nagas. One is plenty. I do wish that they handled it a bit better though, even just inexplicably not letting the other elves get pregnant once you have knocked up one would have sat better with me than Malice just going "Well yes, but actually no" when you knock up another elf.

Reactions: The the Guy

ash

Sep 21, 2016
Exactly this. There's already plenty of characters, adding two more that were never planned for would just serve to slow down development as work has to be diverted away from fleshing out the existing characters and adding new art, writing, and voice lines for the new nagas. One is plenty. I do wish that they handled it a bit better though, even just inexplicably not letting the other elves get pregnant once you have knocked up one would have sat better with me than Malice just going "Well yes, but actually no" when you knock up another elf.
This is weird nonsense but, what if you could impregnate all elves you come across... And then every single time the naga that gets born turns out to be malice ? That would create a strange cycle of rebirths where she ends up having multiple mothers. Thus breaking reality a little more each time.

Reactions: Muityek

Muityek

Jul 6, 2018
This is weird nonsense but, what if you could impregnate all elves you come across... And then every single time the naga that gets born turns out to be malice ? That would create a strange cycle of rebirths where she ends up having multiple mothers. Thus breaking reality a little more each time.
That is such a cool idea! It totally works with what is already established. Malice has proven she can subsume the existence of others into herself based on the end of act 4 with Darja or Cooch (maybe some of the others I've not tried with everyone) as your consort. She literally consumes their existence on a metaphysical level and takes their place until you talk her out of it. It would be interesting if the elves each laid an egg and Malice basically did that to her unborn sisters and hatched from each egg.

That way we get to knock up elves like we want, you don't have to pick only one elf to get character development each run, because they will all have scenes where they are being motherly (or not in Val's case) to the snek baby, the devs don't have to juggle any add additional characters, and to top it of it reinforces the theme of Malice starting to unravel the laws of causality. Wins all around.

Reactions: silentangel and ash

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
I honestly appreciate the decision to say we don't get multiple Naga daughters. The game doesn't need more characters. Focusing on the ones we have already seems like the right call to me, even if in a perfect world it would be great to have three snek babies with fully fleshed out personalities and relationships. That's a lot to ask though given how none of the characters have enough content so far. One daughter with more scenes is better than three with less in my opinion.

I think this direction with a few improvements could work out really well. There is already the basics of a 'raising malice' system, but it would be nice for the mother to have a little bit more of an effect than it currently does. Slight differences in the art would be good too (changing the eye/marking colour, or hair, or having a different outfit wouldn't be anywhere near as much work as a new character). I'm sure we'll get some more Malice events when we get the inevitable Maelyse as her mother option though, so I'll hold out hope for something like this to be implemented then.
I agree more characters would be a problem but i still really don't like that its malice no matter who the mother is. Maybe your suggestion of changing her appearance could help a bit but I'm of the opinion that if they cant put in the effort (which is completely reasonable there's a lot that still needs to be done) to add the extra characters or at least change malice's personality based on who the mother is they just shouldn't add the option to knock the other elves up. If its gonna be a copy paste situation after shes born even if they slightly change her deign it would be better to just not do it because that just cheapens heloise character.

Muityek

Jul 6, 2018
I agree more characters would be a problem but i still really don't like that its malice no matter who the mother is. Maybe your suggestion of changing her appearance could help a bit but I'm of the opinion that if they cant put in the effort (which is completely reasonable there's a lot that still needs to be done) to add the extra characters or at least change malice's personality based on who the mother is they just shouldn't add the option to knock the other elves up. If its gonna be a copy paste situation after shes born even if they slightly change her deign it would be better to just not do it because that just cheapens heloise character.
I think it does the opposite of cheapening her character. It allows for alternative paths other than just her being Malice's mother. For an example before this update the Infernals were just an awful option because they locked you out of Heloise content and Malice content. Giving her to the other factions doesn't have follow up scenes yet, but they will eventually. Now that you don't NEED to follow one route with her to unlock a separate character those scenes are less of a waste. Heloise's Mother route is her best route as it stands by a long way, but this opens up the possibility of the other options being more viable and her character being more interesting.

Also keep in mind that if you only play the game once, which is the experience of most players who aren't talking about the game on forums, you won't know that any elf leads to Malice being born, so the new player experience isn't going to include the kind of dissonance that comes from expecting Malice to be related to Heloise. This narrative flexibility about who her mother is makes it a lot less likely that one of the more interesting characters is accidently missed by a significant portion of the player base.

Reactions: Tosk

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Find it kinda funny how the money grubber Mina is easily the most vanilla relationship in the game. She starts with ulterior motives but grows to genuinely care about you and your conquest. Meanwhile the character you'd expect to be the most vanilla Marie is actually the most likely to be NTR'd. Which is fine for me since I personally find Mina to be the best girl in the game.

Also question, can you transfer your save from the public version to the steam version?
Mina cares of conquest because you can tax them, and Marie cucks you only with animals. Talk about perfect people!

This game is so based.

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
I think it does the opposite of cheapening her character. It allows for alternative paths other than just her being Malice's mother. For an example before this update the Infernals were just an awful option because they locked you out of Heloise content and Malice content. Giving her to the other factions doesn't have follow up scenes yet, but they will eventually. Now that you don't NEED to follow one route with her to unlock a separate character those scenes are less of a waste. Heloise's Mother route is her best route as it stands by a long way, but this opens up the possibility of the other options being more viable and her character being more interesting.

Also keep in mind that if you only play the game once, which is the experience of most players who aren't talking about the game on forums, you won't know that any elf leads to Malice being born, so the new player experience isn't going to include the kind of dissonance that comes from expecting Malice to be related to Heloise. This narrative flexibility about who her mother is makes it a lot less likely that one of the more interesting characters is accidently missed by a significant portion of the player base.
Its okay for a characters story to be about motherhood and it's what's made heliose a likeable character before she has malice shes a stuck up and manipulative person but after having malice she becomes affectionate and its in part to try to give malice the best home life possible and avoid a cataclysm. If other people are able to have the exact same malice except for a slight change in appearance it would mean everything heliose does doesn't matter which would mean they cheapened her character. People not getting content because of a decision is okay it may actually be better for the game since it'll give it some replayability. Its okay for new players to miss content thats not a bad thing and is common place for a game.

Muityek

Jul 6, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nah you can convince Malice to give your consort back if you picked the right choices while raising her. The choices I used to get her to give them back was that it is stealing with people, and to tell her stealing from me is wrong rather than stealing from anyone is wrong. Essentially ensure your lessons aren't hypocritical.

Alternatively you can pick Heloise as your consort, or avoid Malice being born.

Reactions: 7Wondersll
Feb 11, 2021
I feel cheated. The dragon eye and scales at the beginning of the game were a cool black, but then the rest of the game(so far) has the dragon in pink. Hopefully the dragon grows up into the one shown in the intro

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
I feel cheated. The dragon eye and scales at the beginning of the game were a cool black, but then the rest of the game(so far) has the dragon in pink. Hopefully the dragon grows up into the one shown in the intro
This game is another perfect example why gamergate was right and necessary, exposing toxic masculinity in gaming. Systematic racism is deeply rooted in team ravager hierarchies, is structural and patriarchal. We need feminism, equity, direct action, anti-racism, females, tolerance, gay rights and more inclusivity to bring down red dragon supremacist and to have better presentation of minority black dragons.

#blackdragonsmatter

Feb 11, 2021
This game is another perfect example why gamergate was right and necessary, exposing toxic masculinity in gaming. Systematic racism is deeply rooted in team ravager hierarchies, is structural and patriarchal. We need feminism, equity, direct action, anti-racism, females, tolerance, gay rights and more inclusivity to bring down red dragon supremacist and to have better presentation of minority black dragons.

#blackdragonsmatter
I would've been very confused if not for your signature:LOL:

Eldt

Jan 13, 2019
So I just completed my first Heloise route and I have to say that I really find the concept of Malice and the interactions you have with your consort to be really well done. I loaded back a save to see what happens if you pick another consort (in this case Darja) and I just go to the point where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jun 29, 2021
Could someone help me? So, apparently I have 0 points in Mercy because I'm a psychopath, but I want to experience the scenes with Chanwe. I'm on Mac and I tried enabling the developer console. In 00console.rpy config.console = True, but I still can't open the debug console. I tried shift+0, nothing... command should be nMercy = 2...Any advice?

Feb 11, 2021
Could someone help me? So, apparently I have 0 points in Mercy because I'm a psychopath, but I want to experience the scenes with Chanwe. I'm on Mac and I tried enabling the developer console. In 00console.rpy config.console = True, but I still can't open the debug console. I tried shift+0, nothing... command should be nMercy = 2...Any advice?
use to unpack scripts.rpa, then go to options.rpy and set config.console = True and config.developer = True. Also console opens with shift+O, not shift+0

4.60 star(s) 207 Votes