gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
So, gregers,
you are an expert on dragon physiology?
Where did you get your degree in dragoniology?
And most important, who was your professor at dragon university?
Maybe I know him :unsure:
I'm not saying it's a bad piece per se; it's very old-school dnd vibes.

That's not the point LOL. In this one game, the dragon has wildly varying sizes between art.
Yeah, that. Anywhere between a small Shetland pony and a bus.

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
Yeah, the size and other physical details of the dragon are wildly different between scenes. The inconsistency of the art is one of this game's major down points in my opinion. I've been hoping it would improve now that they have a single artist going back and remastering scenes, but they've already introduced a new artist who is apparently 'close enough' to the first one's style, and that's making me think they'll have the same problem going forward. Then there's this splash artist who obviously has a very different design for the dragon in mind sending that sought after consistency firmly down the drain.

For some reason, apparent by how many people negatively responded to the initial post on this page, tons of people get butthurt when you point this out, despite it being very easily observable. I mean, I get it, Ravager is a good game. It's also sad to see it get weighed down by an art team who isn't on the same page as each other, and anyone who can't see this is either an idiot or willfully ignorant. Either that or they don't know what very basic context is and they misunderstood the first post, though that also just points to them being idiots. Or they could just be a bunch of trolls looking for attention.

Last edited:

F1forhalp

SOTD: Apocalyptica - Path
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Yeah, the size and other physical details of the dragon are wildly different between scenes. The inconsistency of the art is one of this game's major down points in my opinion. I've been hoping it would improve now that they have a single artist going back and remastering scenes, but they've already introduced a new artist who is apparently 'close enough' to the first one's style, and that's making me think they'll have the same problem going forward. Then there's this splash artist who obviously has a very different design for the dragon in mind sending that sought after consistency firmly down the drain.

For some reason, apparent by how many people negatively responded to the initial post on this page, tons of people get butthurt when you point this out, despite it being very easily observable. I mean, I get it, Ravager is a good game. It's also sad to see it get weighed down by an art team who isn't on the same page as each other, and anyone who can't see this is either an idiot or willfully ignorant. Either that or they don't know what very basic context is and they misunderstood the first post, though that also just points to them being idiots. Or they could just be a bunch of trolls looking for attention.
i think it's called the Whiteknight syndrome. don't quote me on that, though.

on the other hand, i've been reading somewhere about dragons able to shapeshift, so one couldn't entirely rule out that some dragons could use that and try to change their size.. just some thought. this behavior hasn't been mentioned in Ravager.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020

The magnificent Undoodle is back with a second glorious piece of splash art - this time bringing life to the Act III duel with Maelys. Undoodle will return in the coming months to apply her talents to more climactic moments in the game, and some that are yet to arrive.
View attachment 1931156
Support the game! , or
Join the discord!
god damn did the dragon's tail grow long. i honestly was expecting something more size of his own body. the way the dragon is angled, guessing the size of his body based on head size, that tail looks like around double the body length.

edit: it looks good otherwise i guess. or at least mayles does.

someonebody42

Sep 18, 2020
My reaction watching you commenting shit that i wont bother read
View attachment 1931634
i notice you havent sent this to everyone
i suspect you didnt send it to the poster based of a rulet wheel
if its true and you dont obesssively gamble out every action in your life then you had a motivation to send it to them
meaning you either know them personaly
or read the post
1658121147193.png

BoredGuy1812

Apr 30, 2018
I haven't played in awhile. Have the developers added anal content for Darja? I remember never getting an option to fuck her when I put her on that path last time.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

The magnificent Undoodle is back with a second glorious piece of splash art - this time bringing life to the Act III duel with Maelys. Undoodle will return in the coming months to apply her talents to more climactic moments in the game, and some that are yet to arrive.
View attachment 1931156
Support the game! , or
Join the discord!
Nice art!:cool::cool:

Reactions: _Maou_

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but are the devs planning to add any H content in the style of the character art/portraits/sprites? Or will it always be a different art style?

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but are the devs planning to add any H content in the style of the character art/portraits/sprites? Or will it always be a different art style?
I am not planning to, no. It does get asked now and again, but it's not something I can reasonably cater to:
Our character design was done by 6lushy, which has been ably taken over by Irrelevant Art. Both Irrelevant and Lubbio are working at full capacity to keep up with the rate of development we have, and I'm very happy with their work.

Changing the art style for our scenes would require replacing upwards of 500 images: I would consider it an elaborate form of dev-suicide. It is not going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fanof1

Cerneu

Nov 9, 2017
Changing the art style for our scenes would require replacing upwards of 500 images
I don't think anyone's asking to replace all of the images. Or to replace any at all. This doesn't have to be a binary choice. He's not asking you to fire the current artist and trash his images.

He was asking about adding images. That is, giving us a choice to perhaps toggle between different styles.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I am not planning to, no. It does get asked now and again, but it's not something I can reasonably cater to:
I understand that it’s not possible for this project, but in the event that you ever go on to make another game after Ravager, I would like to say that I also would have preferred H content in the same art style as the character portraits.

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
I don't think anyone's asking to replace all of the images. Or to replace any at all. This doesn't have to be a binary choice. He's not asking you to fire the current artist and trash his images.

He was asking about adding images. That is, giving us a choice to perhaps toggle between different styles.
Damn if only drawing and replacing 500 images was as easy as when bully said they will fuck your mom jokes i bet 4MinuteWarning will do it already

• Angry
Reactions: Cerneu

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

So are you going to pay for all the extra hundreds of images?

Seriously it is quite absurd the nonsense ideas some people here still have about gaming development. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

4.60 star(s) 207 Votes