Rusty11

Feb 25, 2018
Something seems to be very off in the new version. It looks like the speed with which timer moves keeps going up every loop so you have less and less time to do things. On my current 3rd loop after the new version update I barely had time to charge up the crystal and prepare to cast puppetry spell even though my magic skill is at 10.

Reactions: Jaxter

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Something seems to be very off in the new version. It looks like the speed with which timer moves keeps going up every loop so you have less and less time to do things. On my current 3rd loop after the new version update I barely had time to charge up the crystal and prepare to cast puppetry spell even though my magic skill is at 10.
I'll check that tomorrow, does refreshing the page after your death remove the bug?

Stormaggeddon

Aug 2, 2020
I'll have to take a look but you should increase magic level when you meditate et it should be saved when you die. Maybe It's not enough anymore since I changed the scaling. I'm a bit busy right now but I'll do more testing tomorrow.
So I did not notice the magic skill increase when I meditate. I was able to get past that part by saving up the 15 mana instead of the original 5 mana. The bug has something to do with saving up 5 mana then meditating until you get to 0 mana, but since the time runs out instead of dying it responds with "Undefined". Hope that helps you narrow down where the bug is.

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
So I did not notice the magic skill increase when I meditate. I was able to get past that part by saving up the 15 mana instead of the original 5 mana. The bug has something to do with saving up 5 mana then meditating until you get to 0 mana, but since the time runs out instead of dying it responds with "Undefined". Hope that helps you narrow down where the bug is.
Thank to you I finaly found what was the bug, I've fixed it on my end, I'm still doing some bug hunt but I'll upload when I'm done.

Reactions: fuzzyfart

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I've fixed the bug with touching the crystal in the first loops.
Also added the ability to reset by attacking the order.
Unfortunately I never managed to reproduce the bug with notoriety increasing faster with each loop.
If you have the bug I'm pretty sure refreshing the page should fix it.
I added the link to 0.6a in the OP.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The "stop" button being on the bottom is still a huge issue. I need to watch the top of the screen to know when I need to stop, but then I need to scroll down to actually do it. Even without considering people who are using a resolution that forces them to scroll to use it, as a general rule, UI elements should be close to the things they're associated with, not on the literal opposite side of the screen. Maybe it could be incorporated into the action meter itself, perhaps as a little media player stop button on the left or right side?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe having a hotkey for Meditate and Stop would be worthwhile as well, if they're both considered important enough to be visible at the bottom at all times. (Having hotkeys for everything else could quickly get messy, though, especially this early in development. Though it might be worth considering for some other things later in the development cycle.)

Of course, simply being able to select how many times I repeat an action would also help with this issue. At the very least, something like creating slime traps that are automatically consumed should give me the option to perform it exactly once with no repeats.

Hmm... Not a fan of the game not scrolling down at all on new events. I thought the new change was meant to immediately take you to the beginning of the new event text instead of the end, but now it's just making me manually scroll to even see if there's anything new to read. ...Actually, that might be a bug.

...Yeah, it's definitely a bug, since the "Spy on PetiPatelin" action properly caused it to scroll down. And then clicking "continue" didn't, and required me to scroll manually.

And then the "Infest PetiPatelin" action automatically scrolls down... to the bottom, making me need to scroll up to see the top line. Yeah, this change isn't fulfilling its intended purpose at all.

The sidekick type selection should probably tell you what stat changes each choice will make. I forget which one would be best for what I'm trying to do this run.

Huh. Somehow when I died to the fifth wave of Order scouts, it was followed by a sixth wave that killed me again, and gave me the "starting a new run" text twice.

I got the same bug with notoriety increasing on my second run. Based on how far it progressed for a full mana bar both before and after refreshing, it seems to have had a 2x rate. I captured PetiPatelin with slimes and then had the aformentioned double-death bug.

I'm guessing it was supposed to be subtle, but the purple text when Violet uses her mind control is so close to the normal white text that I honestly thought I was having a migraine the first few times I saw it. (Migraines make the center of my vision look distorted and off-color, so that's what I assumed was happening here.) At one point I actually stopped playing and tried to walk around until it wore off.

It seems capturing PetiPatelin has reduced my fighting power somehow? I'm not sure exactly how, since I don't seem to have lost any minions, and my sidekick bonus still gives me 1.2 to fighting. I somehow went down from around 100 to around 75, though. It may have also resulted from possessing a prisoner, perhaps, which I did right after capturing the town. But I think the most likely culprit might be something to do with Morgana getting added as a sidekick.

The "idle mode" stuff is actually really annoying when I'm trying to read things. It just keeps going until I die. Thankfully, it no longer clears the text log when you die... Now THAT would have been frustrating.

Some typos:

The word "ennemies" shows up at several points when you're attacked. It should say "enemies".

On the sidekick screen, the tooltip for Drain Will says "Drain her will to turn het into a mindless slave."

In the Morgana event, " "Wake up now," I'm starting to regain my senses, the scent in the room... Mistress's hand caressing my cheek—oh, I'm so happy to be here. "

Also, "Even if you have something else to do, Even if you have something else to do, even if you think my request makes no sense, "

She also calls you Kai when you die, even if you changed your name.

" Humans, in my eyes, are a pitiful lot—lacking ambition "

" "You know the rest: they tried to kill me, I thought I was doomed. But then you came along, crushing the order like insects. Treating humans for what they are: mere slaves. Really I was in love...
Even though I agree, I find your disdain for humans quite amusing, considering you're one yourself.
I have nothing to do with them! I'm much more than that, I DESERVE so much more!" " (Missing the parentheses to indicate that different people are talking here.)

The same issue crops up in the next paragraph.

And that's it. Guess I'll have to wait for the next version to finish this plotline. Hmm... I hope I don't lose all my progress when I get my new computer. Where all is it saved, again?

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
The "stop" button being on the bottom is still a huge issue. I need to watch the top of the screen to know when I need to stop, but then I need to scroll down to actually do it. Even without considering people who are using a resolution that forces them to scroll to use it, as a general rule, UI elements should be close to the things they're associated with, not on the literal opposite side of the screen. Maybe it could be incorporated into the action meter itself, perhaps as a little media player stop button on the left or right side?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe having a hotkey for Meditate and Stop would be worthwhile as well, if they're both considered important enough to be visible at the bottom at all times. (Having hotkeys for everything else could quickly get messy, though, especially this early in development. Though it might be worth considering for some other things later in the development cycle.)

Of course, simply being able to select how many times I repeat an action would also help with this issue. At the very least, something like creating slime traps that are automatically consumed should give me the option to perform it exactly once with no repeats.

Hmm... Not a fan of the game not scrolling down at all on new events. I thought the new change was meant to immediately take you to the beginning of the new event text instead of the end, but now it's just making me manually scroll to even see if there's anything new to read. ...Actually, that might be a bug.

...Yeah, it's definitely a bug, since the "Spy on PetiPatelin" action properly caused it to scroll down. And then clicking "continue" didn't, and required me to scroll manually.

And then the "Infest PetiPatelin" action automatically scrolls down... to the bottom, making me need to scroll up to see the top line. Yeah, this change isn't fulfilling its intended purpose at all.

The sidekick type selection should probably tell you what stat changes each choice will make. I forget which one would be best for what I'm trying to do this run.

Huh. Somehow when I died to the fifth wave of Order scouts, it was followed by a sixth wave that killed me again, and gave me the "starting a new run" text twice.

I got the same bug with notoriety increasing on my second run. Based on how far it progressed for a full mana bar both before and after refreshing, it seems to have had a 2x rate. I captured PetiPatelin with slimes and then had the aformentioned double-death bug.

I'm guessing it was supposed to be subtle, but the purple text when Violet uses her mind control is so close to the normal white text that I honestly thought I was having a migraine the first few times I saw it. (Migraines make the center of my vision look distorted and off-color, so that's what I assumed was happening here.) At one point I actually stopped playing and tried to walk around until it wore off.

It seems capturing PetiPatelin has reduced my fighting power somehow? I'm not sure exactly how, since I don't seem to have lost any minions, and my sidekick bonus still gives me 1.2 to fighting. I somehow went down from around 100 to around 75, though. It may have also resulted from possessing a prisoner, perhaps, which I did right after capturing the town. But I think the most likely culprit might be something to do with Morgana getting added as a sidekick.

The "idle mode" stuff is actually really annoying when I'm trying to read things. It just keeps going until I die. Thankfully, it no longer clears the text log when you die... Now THAT would have been frustrating.

Some typos:

The word "ennemies" shows up at several points when you're attacked. It should say "enemies".

On the sidekick screen, the tooltip for Drain Will says "Drain her will to turn het into a mindless slave."

In the Morgana event, " "Wake up now," I'm starting to regain my senses, the scent in the room... Mistress's hand caressing my cheek—oh, I'm so happy to be here. "

Also, "Even if you have something else to do, Even if you have something else to do, even if you think my request makes no sense, "

She also calls you Kai when you die, even if you changed your name.

" Humans, in my eyes, are a pitiful lot—lacking ambition "

" "You know the rest: they tried to kill me, I thought I was doomed. But then you came along, crushing the order like insects. Treating humans for what they are: mere slaves. Really I was in love...
Even though I agree, I find your disdain for humans quite amusing, considering you're one yourself.
I have nothing to do with them! I'm much more than that, I DESERVE so much more!" " (Missing the parentheses to indicate that different people are talking here.)

The same issue crops up in the next paragraph.

And that's it. Guess I'll have to wait for the next version to finish this plotline. Hmm... I hope I don't lose all my progress when I get my new computer. Where all is it saved, again?
I Changed the position of the stop and meditate" buttons.
increased time between Morgana's orders from 15-30 to 40-50 sec
I added a button to get back to the old scrolling system for user that don't have a browser compatible with the new system.

I'm not sure I should change the text becoming progressively purple as it seem your problem was really specific and with no consequence but tell me if I'm wrong.
(If I understood well what you said to me, it didn't really cause you migraine, you just believe the color was a symptome when it was just the text indeed becoming purple... Or am I understanding wrong?)

The problem with notoriety X2 and the double gameover is the same bug. I don't know why some people have it, I think it might be browser related. For now you can fix this by refreshing the page after each loop, fortunately the game save right after a new loop so it should be a bearable fix until I manage to fix the bug.

When you capture petiPatelin, some of your slave die during the fight against the order. This is not a bug.

I fixed all the typos :
when you loose : ennemies-> enemies
het-> her
"my mistress caressing my cheek" the special character has been changed to work on more browsers
"Even if you Even if you" fixed during one of Morgana's event
kai instead of player's name fixed. In one of Morgana's event
pitiful lot, lacking ambition punctuarion fixed.
Improved the alignement of the text when confronting Morgana.
Added missing "" in the same event.

Edit :
Those changes will probably be up next update.
There is no convenient way to get your save back for now I'll add a save 2 text button in the future or at least I'll try.
Note that there is no anti cheat on this game so you can change variable in the console if I didn't add the save to text option when you change PC.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
(If I understood well what you said to me, it didn't really cause you migraine, you just believe the color was a symptome when it was just the text indeed becoming purple... Or am I understanding wrong?)
Right, it didn't give me migraines, it just made me think I had a migraine. Although I don't think seeing white text as purplish during migraines is unique to me. It's the same thing that happens from looking directly at a light.

There is no convenient way to get your save back for now I'll add a save 2 text button in the future or at least I'll try.
But it's gotta be saved somewhere, right? Even if it's not conveniently tucked away in a single file. I plan on transferring my entire browser data over so I don't lose anything important, I just want to make sure the right parts of the backup are updated instead of backing up my entire computer again.

how do i touch crystal
You're supposed to die at that point the first time. You get stronger and have more options every time you die, so just go back and try again.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Right, it didn't give me migraines, it just made me think I had a migraine. Although I don't think seeing white text as purplish during migraines is unique to me. It's the same thing that happens from looking directly at a light.

But it's gotta be saved somewhere, right? Even if it's not conveniently tucked away in a single file. I plan on transferring my entire browser data over so I don't lose anything important, I just want to make sure the right parts of the backup are updated instead of backing up my entire computer again.

You're supposed to die at that point the first time. You get stronger and have more options every time you die, so just go back and try again.
Ok I'll consider changing it if I have more complaint, if it troubled you don't worry to much about the future, it was a one time thing as the main character progressively realize what was happening, you shouldn't see this again outside of those events.

Also the save are in the "storage" of the browser and it's not easy to make you download it as a file from my end because there are security that prevent a js run locally to alter your file system to create a save file.
Yo could probably do it yourself following a tutorial, but I'd rather spend 3 hours so you can do it in a click rather forcing every user to use their willpower on something I can automate on my end.
Once I upload the game so it can be played online it'll be easier to create a save to file button.

For now, I've managed to copy the save to the clipboard so the user can manualy put it in a text file.
It will be available in 0.7, I'm not thrilled at the idea of uploading an hotfix because the game is in an unstable state, as I added untested stuff for 0.7, but if you need to save your game soon I can send you this version if you want.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
how do i touch crystal
Well you should be able to touch the crystal by clicking "touch the crystal" when the option appears. You should be able to do it before you die in your first run if you didn't "waste" time meditating.
Everytime you die you keep your skills, so everything you do become faster, if somehow you can't go farther into the game after your first death, you may have the bug that increase the speed of the notoriety bar everytime you die. To fix this, once you die (wait to see "game saved" before you do that so you don't loose progress) you can just refresh the page.
I know what causes the bug so I should be able to fix it either in 0.7 or 0.8.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Well, found a few bugs - If you skip ahead using the ritual bonus to skip the initial events, and then drain the will of Selene, then you cannot use the mask on her.
I've also been unable to trigger the next event after "Infest PeptiPatelin" "Visit the new PetiPatelin" just keeps running the timer down after the progress bar is filled.

There also seems to be an exploit? Scouting Petipatelin can reset your "summoning and threat" progress, Slimes are costing me a flat 15 mana to summon (and the cost isn't increasing), and I just had a raid of only 1 person. I don't know if this triggers each time, or just if you complete scouting when the timer hits zero. Raids do seem to increase as normal, but the slimes still aren't increasing in cost. Which is nice, I should be able to last a lot longer than normal like this.

Edit: Apparently scouts are a better viliger, worth 10 per person. So they end up scaling a lot harder than your units, which kind of means you need to just spam slimes to stop them.

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Well, found a few bugs - If you skip ahead using the ritual bonus to skip the initial events, and then drain the will of Selene, then you cannot use the mask on her.
I've also been unable to trigger the next event after "Infest PeptiPatelin" "Visit the new PetiPatelin" just keeps running the timer down after the progress bar is filled.

There also seems to be an exploit? Scouting Petipatelin can reset your "summoning and threat" progress, Slimes are costing me a flat 15 mana to summon (and the cost isn't increasing), and I just had a raid of only 1 person. I don't know if this triggers each time, or just if you complete scouting when the timer hits zero. Raids do seem to increase as normal, but the slimes still aren't increasing in cost. Which is nice, I should be able to last a lot longer than normal like this.

Edit: Apparently scouts are a better viliger, worth 10 per person. So they end up scaling a lot harder than your units, which kind of means you need to just spam slimes to stop them.
You can't put a mask on mindless Selene. That being said you're right it doesn't makes much sense so I'll add this possibility, i just have to do it in a way that skip the event in which the masked Selene takes pleasure from the suffering of her host since her host isn't really there. Idk how I'll handle that I'll think about it.

About infestedPetiPatelin the bug is fixed on my end,my game isn't in a really good state to be uploeaded right now , if you want to fix your own version you can go in event.js, line 67 and change :
effectInfestedPetiPatelin -> effectInfestedPetipatelin
imgPetiPatelin -> imgPetipatelin
I changed my naming convention and forgot to remove a couple upperCase on those 2 variable sorry about that.

When you infest or capture petitPatelin, villages around start to fear you and you won't be attacked by villager anymore, this isn't an exploit and in the attack report you have more info about what's happening.

Yes that make slime much better than the rest to capture them, which make slime trap extremely efficient as slime costs only 15 once you've infested Petipatelin (the bug in the event prevented you to understand why but this is normal)

Thank you for your feedback, it really helps me get the game better ;)

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
You can't put a mask on mindless Selene. That being said you're right it doesn't makes much sense so I'll add this possibility, i just have to do it in a way that skip the event in which the masked Selene takes pleasure from the suffering of her host since her host isn't really there. Idk how I'll handle that I'll think about it.
That does clear some things up - I suppose some of the confusion about Selene is due to the inconsistency around what conditions can apply the "drain mind" state, and which ones block using the mask. If you use the story events to do it, or do so during the intro, Then you can apply the mask to her. But using the button on the sidekick menu A. doesn't have a measurable effect in either of the above scenarios, and B. does block using the mask, despite having no effect.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
That does clear some things up - I suppose some of the confusion about Selene is due to the inconsistency around what conditions can apply the "drain mind" state, and which ones block using the mask. If you use the story events to do it, or do so during the intro, Then you can apply the mask to her. But using the button on the sidekick menu A. doesn't have a measurable effect in either of the above scenarios, and B. does block using the mask, despite having no effect.
Didn't realize you could do it if you midnless her during story, that was an oversight, I'll have to think of an elegant solution to get consistent outcome no matter what. I'll probably add that in 0.8, I have lots of things planned in 0.7 already.

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
Oh I do play rogue like games all the time (still play umoria and many others) but this is not that. this is more of a timing loop more than anything else and frankly just takes the fun away from it. Even the Dungeon Lord games (which are very similar in concept to yours) have more of a 'fun' factor to them.

Last edited:

rostikwfl

May 11, 2019
Have played from 0.4, I think. Great game, great idea. Well, imho. Cleared my browser after a while and downloaded 0.6. Some troubles I encountered so far: the text doesn't auto-scroll down unless it's phrases like "SHE HAS TO PAY" in red; "undefined" problem after first death. I think it's all. But overall, I really like the game.

Hope to see some more choices in a way of making others fall for MC like "being of their own will but convinced". A bit more of a subtle mind control when you gently push in right direction instead of breaking. But it's mostly my thing, I like being a benevolent bastard who rules by affection and devotion instead of fear and puppetry, making his subjects do the depraved things themselves, but I understand if the dev going in other direction with this

Reactions: GratuitousLove
3.00 star(s) 6 Votes