VN Ren'Py Realm Invader [Ep. 2 P1] [Invader Gary]

4.70 star(s) 63 Votes

Ribaso

Oct 22, 2020
Well Well Well...It's confusing to even have a Noelle route let alone be on hers considering she's a lesbian . It's conflicting and very confusing, which is detrimental especially with the game's heavy comedic lore, comedy doesn't mix well with conflict. However, this has a potential for a scenario fork, that hers to be rather the manifestation of concealed misandry considering how she's being treated in her job. This part of the fork would clarify this serious conflict and make the plot sound again. The other part of the fork can have two branches, either complete closure of her route or straightened though S/M or BDSM narrative.
I cannot be in love with a penguin. Maybe if I was another penguin, but never me. I cannot be on the penguin route for I'm not a penguin.
This is an analogy
Third option would be starting her route to be just a joke, so it's actually non-existent.
Of course, the game seem to have multiple realms, a realm per pillar and realms neither are co-dependent nor even needed to intersect, so the plot between each may be changed as envisioned.

Last edited:

Ukghar

Nov 10, 2022
It's hilarious, not just gold it is, it's platinum.
Agree. Laughed a lot. Even before the start of the true game. As much as I don’t like it when the fourth wall is destroyed, it suits the game and is done very well. The best character so far is Developer. He should have more screen time.

Reactions: Ribaso

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Status update for poor people
1697396969104.png

Public update for everyone.
A miserable week for me. Animating non-stop and then staring at the screen in a subhuman state while the animation renders and my brain slowly turns to yoghurt.
Kind of a big announcement, I guess, which is that Realm Invader Episode 2 is going to be cut in half.
In a cruel twist of fate, or rather, my own overzealousness; Episode 2 is too long. I received a lot of praise for the amount of content I gave you in Episode 1 and as plans currently go, Episode 2 is approximately twice the size. This is quite frankly a little bit silly considering Episode 1 was in the realm 3 hours long. Regardless, it's the vision I currently have for Episode 2.
So why split the update? The short answer: realism and ambition. Releases are correlated with growth. I want more exposure, and more Patrons (I'm kinda set on the idea of making this a full-time job one day). This means I need to get out an update in a reasonable amount of time. I couldn't tell you how long the full Episode 2 would take to develop in a single cycle, but I can tell you that it'll take too long. I'm developing slightly slower than I did for episode 1, as I'm taking care not to rush as much as I did before. I want less clumsy and "good enough" renders this time. It's unfortunate that I've decided that I have to do this rather than releasing the full Episode 2 experience I have envisioned. But alas, I've decided that it's for the best.
So the good news is that you will be getting an update for my game a little sooner. The bad news is that Episode 2 Part 1 ends just before Episode 2 gets good.
Episode 2 Part 1 is a good size already, with some 950-ish renders, 26,000-ish words, 3 lewd scenes, and 58 animations totalling 9 minutes of footage. Part 1 is still a little while off from being completed, but I'm still working hard.
Thanks for your continued interest in this project. I hope you stay excited for Episode 2 Part 1.
- Gary

Oct 13, 2023
Status update for poor people
View attachment 3008587

Public update for everyone.
A miserable week for me. Animating non-stop and then staring at the screen in a subhuman state while the animation renders and my brain slowly turns to yoghurt.
Kind of a big announcement, I guess, which is that Realm Invader Episode 2 is going to be cut in half.
In a cruel twist of fate, or rather, my own overzealousness; Episode 2 is too long. I received a lot of praise for the amount of content I gave you in Episode 1 and as plans currently go, Episode 2 is approximately twice the size. This is quite frankly a little bit silly considering Episode 1 was in the realm 3 hours long. Regardless, it's the vision I currently have for Episode 2.
So why split the update? The short answer: realism and ambition. Releases are correlated with growth. I want more exposure, and more Patrons (I'm kinda set on the idea of making this a full-time job one day). This means I need to get out an update in a reasonable amount of time. I couldn't tell you how long the full Episode 2 would take to develop in a single cycle, but I can tell you that it'll take too long. I'm developing slightly slower than I did for episode 1, as I'm taking care not to rush as much as I did before. I want less clumsy and "good enough" renders this time. It's unfortunate that I've decided that I have to do this rather than releasing the full Episode 2 experience I have envisioned. But alas, I've decided that it's for the best.
So the good news is that you will be getting an update for my game a little sooner. The bad news is that Episode 2 Part 1 ends just before Episode 2 gets good.
Episode 2 Part 1 is a good size already, with some 950-ish renders, 26,000-ish words, 3 lewd scenes, and 58 animations totalling 9 minutes of footage. Part 1 is still a little while off from being completed, but I'm still working hard.
Thanks for your continued interest in this project. I hope you stay excited for Episode 2 Part 1.
- Gary

No estimates.. unfortunate

Ymir_Fritz

Jun 14, 2020
This VN is so funny, I really like it! I really want to read more. I can't wait for another update!

shapenox

Jan 3, 2021
That was really good! It's rare for the humor of one of these to land as well as it did here, good shit.

My one complaint is the kinda off-putting dong texture on the MC, at least imo. Maybe it's a default thing but it looks weird, especially when lit by red light in the last scene.

vycela

Dec 1, 2020
Bro this game has potential, the story, the dumbass joke (a compliment) and most importantly the random Chad dev self insert, I would like to see more of the Chad dev randomly in background here and there just lurking

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
RealmInvader-EP1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
4K BUILD​

Reactions: asdfjkhbjhpo

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
saw this one recommended as a hidden gem, truly didn't disappoint. Liked the story and characters, plus the humor. Great animations as well. Has quite a bit of content for just the second release (I imagine, demo plus EP1). Good luck dev with your game!

Reactions: weezal

Rastamepas

Jan 10, 2024
Question about how updates work in general. Do most renpy games have a seperate save section than where the actual game files get unzipped to? Or is there a specific way to use old saves on new updates for games. Just wondering if If im going to have to replay through chapter 1 of Realm Invaders when chapter 2 comes out or if there is typically a way to use old saves.

Mar 3, 2020
Question about how updates work in general. Do most renpy games have a seperate save section than where the actual game files get unzipped to?
Yes. Ren'Py saves are stored in a subdirectory of your home directory. New versions will normally load saves from that same directory; you don't need to do anything special to use them.

Reactions: Rastamepas

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Tried to play the game on Joiplay (it's the only way I can play at the moment since I don't have a PC, don't judge), but for some reason the main menu screen for the 1080p version is bugged (can't click any button).

Tried the 4k version to see if it's the same. Weirdly enough the buttons work, but...the game is barely playable due to the animation quality being choppy on my phone (which makes sense considering this thing can't handle videos past 1080p).

From what little I've managed to play so far though, the writing is hilarious and the setting seems interesting enough. Too bad I can't appreciate it with the choppy animations so hopefully the next update fixes the issues I have with the 1080p version.

4.70 star(s) 63 Votes